Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need help - Windpad Enjoy 10 Plus problem  (Read 2024 times)

frankbartolayTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
Need help - Windpad Enjoy 10 Plus problem
« on: 19-July-15, 11:18:20 »

Good day. I have a MSI Enjoy 10 Plus that we bought a few years ago. Yes it maybe old but its very reliable product. My 5 year old daughter is the one who using it right now. I planned to reset it to factory setting but I took a leap and downloaded the latest driver and firmware so that we can use the latest version.

I followed the manual step by step by updating the driver and use the update tool to modify to latest firmware located on the  website. Everything went smoothly during installation process am it did changed to the latest version.

Unfortunately that's where the problem starts. One, the tablet is not charging and is at 0% even if the AC is attached. So I know there is a problem. The best that I can do is try to connect and see if it will auto update itself. Unfortunately the WIFI always shows ERROR. I am not sure why despite countless reboot and hard reset. Second, once the light went off, the touch won't work anymore so you have to do a hard reset. Third, the buttons on the right side won't work.

Another possible problem is that I downloaded the firmware for the Enjoy 10. Not sure if this was another cause so I tried to download the Android 2.3 and 4.0. But my problem now is that the update tool is having a problem. Every time I try the power + volume, the screen shows the Android character with a triangle exclamation point.

At this point I tried all to search what I can do to do the repair on my own but to no avail. I hope someone can help me or point me to the right direction. My daughter loved that tablet and I will do what I can to get it back to normal, even if I have to get it back to its original firmware of 2.0.

Thanks.

hchg

• LIEUTENANT COLONEL
Re: Need help - Windpad Enjoy 10 Plus problem
« Reply #1 on: 22-July-15, 04:57:10 »

once the light went off, the touch won't work anymore so you have to do a hard reset.
Which light do you mean? you mean the screen light? when the tablet went sleep mode?

Third, the buttons on the right side won't work.

Have you also installed the driver after the firmware update?
http://www.msi.com/support/windpad/Enjoy_10_Plus.html#down-driver&Win8 64

Not sure if this was another cause so I tried to download the Android 2.3 and 4.0. But my problem now is that the update tool is having a problem. Every time I try the power + volume, the screen shows the Android character with a triangle exclamation point.

The upgrade tool should only be working with the released firmware.
I see the firmware released on Enjoy 10's download page is Android 2.3.1, I'm afraid the update tool won't work with Enjoy 10+ firmware.

May be you should also try asking for the original firmware Android 2.0 for your unit and see if these problem will be solved after rolling back to the original firmware.
https://register.msi.com/

One last question, you should really get a idea of which Enjoy model you have...
The worst case would be the cross firmware has caused these problems.
Pages: [1]   Go Up