Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Steelseries keyboard not changing color  (Read 8194 times)

faiman1Topic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
Steelseries keyboard not changing color
« on: 26-September-15, 10:43:40 »

A few months ago the Steelseries keyboard on my GS60-2PC 4700h decided to stop changing colors. Now no matter what layer I click (or use keyboard shortcut) it always stays red. I have tried uninstalling the engine and driver and reinstalling multiple times with no success. I did downgrade from windows 8 to windows 7 (cause I couldn't stand 8). All the keyboard functions still work it just won't change color layers and I liked being able to do that. Is there any way to fix this?

4lberto

• MAJOR
  • I'm Captain-Alberto
Re: Steelseries keyboard not changing color
« Reply #1 on: 28-September-15, 05:43:56 »

A few months ago the Steelseries keyboard on my GS60-2PC 4700h decided to stop changing colors. Now no matter what layer I click (or use keyboard shortcut) it always stays red. I have tried uninstalling the engine and driver and reinstalling multiple times with no success. I did downgrade from windows 8 to windows 7 (cause I couldn't stand 8). All the keyboard functions still work it just won't change color layers and I liked being able to do that. Is there any way to fix this?
i remember having hard time with it , you should go play again with the profiles . try setting colors to something else , in every 4 layer , with blue color for exemple and SAVE the profile to the bottom left 

once again , just play with it , and try to stick to only 1 profile for the testing . 

Post back !
MSI GS70 Stealth i7 4720HQ 12 G /750 GB/ 128 GB SSD

GTX860M GDDR5  2GB

:lookandok:

Make me best solution ! 

Hooah !

RW3

• MAJOR
  • Go hawks
Re: Steelseries keyboard not changing color
« Reply #2 on: 02-October-15, 03:43:56 »

You have to check if the steel series engine recognize the keyboard and do you get the right version of steel series engine ?
You can download from msi website.

Please also check if you update the Bios and EC to the latest version.
Pages: [1]   Go Up