Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Nahimic latest driver update  (Read 126796 times)

msiTechNBTopic starter

• Notebook Moderator

Hi MSI fans,

Some of you might have noticed that MSI applied a new sound effect utility on new laptop generation recently, Nahimic can bring different sound effect than before, and we keep improving the sound quality in many ways, however some stability and compatiblity test is ongoing, before we formally release the stable version for each model on product page, you can download the latest beta version here to patch some known bugs, thank you.

Nahimic download link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1oSMeecH6wcQVpMdUEwUU5oc2c/view?usp=sharing

Steps to install:
1.      Download the latest update Nahimic 1.2.3
2.      Please remove the Nahimic and Realtek older driver.
3.      Extract the ZIP file you dowload and find 1.Clean Reg folder, right click on the Clean Reg.cmd, click "Run as administrator" to execute the command.
4.      Excute setup.exe in the folder 2.Audio then restart the system.
5.      After step4, install the NahimicMSI_Setup in 3.Nahimic_1.2.3 folder then restart the system.

majorboobage

• STAFF SERGEANT
Re: Nahimic latest driver update
« Reply #1 on: 23-July-15, 04:03:01 »

pew  :undecided:

cmplieger

• SECOND LIEUTENANT
  • Proud owner of a red MSI GS70 2QE
    • SnippetSpace
« Reply #2 on: 23-July-15, 06:21:29 »

Hey, I'm happy to see these issues get some acknowledgement by MSI! Good to hear that you are working on audio quality as well as compatibility.

My feedback for the audio quality would be to really work on the bass as mids and highs are decent but the low end is really lacking, especially compared to the creative software suite. (tested with nahimic v1.2.2 on GS70).

I haven't been able to try this version yet as my laptop is being repaired but I will as soon as I get it back.

Thanks!
Please don't forget to mark my post as the best solution if I was helpful! :)

alexkiu83

• SERGEANT
« Reply #3 on: 23-July-15, 17:00:25 »

Problems
1. the realtek driver does not install as shown in the 2nd post
2. nahimic 1.2.3 STILL cause MPC-HC fail to launch. MPC-HC is running in the background but nothing appeared on the screen and nothing is playing
3. audio quality still not comparable to creative sound blaster cinema. too much treble, lacking bass, over processed.

no noticeable improvements over 1.2.2

msiTechNBTopic starter

• Notebook Moderator
« Reply #4 on: 23-July-15, 23:30:40 »

Hi everyone,
We just uploaded a revision that fixed the install problem. Thank you.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1oSMeecH6wcQVpMdUEwUU5oc2c/view?usp=sharing

zizimonzter

• GE72 2QD Owner
  • SERGEANT
« Reply #5 on: 23-July-15, 23:44:13 »

Glad MSI give an effort to fix Nahimic which still have some bugs.
One bug that make me not using this software is MPC-HC problem, when i use madVR and put it on full screen the video freezing but the audio still playing in the background and then program stop responding.
By the way here's madVR crash report.
* madVR - crash report.txt (78.35 kB - downloaded 1173 times.)

majorboobage

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #6 on: 24-July-15, 03:42:19 »

okay this works

cosmetic thing ;D pls do better tray icon, this looks so ragged :nono:

If you need help, i think we have people who can make 16x16 icon for you  :yes:

davidturcko

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #7 on: 27-July-15, 02:53:45 »

My subwoofer is not working after installing this beta update. My notebook is GS70 2qe -054.

graneri.fabien

• SERGEANT
« Reply #8 on: 29-July-15, 09:05:15 »

I have a GE60 2PL. Should I uninstall Sound Blaster Cinema before? I suppose Nahimic replaces this old bugged tool?

cmplieger

• SECOND LIEUTENANT
    • SnippetSpace
« Reply #9 on: 29-July-15, 11:08:45 »

I have a GE60 2PL. Should I uninstall Sound Blaster Cinema before? I suppose Nahimic replaces this old bugged tool?

You will actually have to update your bios. If you do so you will lose support for the creative software and gain support for nahimic. Yes you'll have to uninstall soundblaster and maybe also reinstall the realtek drivers

graneri.fabien

• SERGEANT
« Reply #10 on: 29-July-15, 11:12:29 »

You will actually have to update your bios. If you do so you will lose support for the creative software and gain support for nahimic. Yes you'll have to uninstall soundblaster and maybe also reinstall the realtek drivers

Hi.
My bios is updated yet with the last released in February. Is there another new bios anywhere?

cmplieger

• SECOND LIEUTENANT
    • SnippetSpace
« Reply #11 on: 29-July-15, 12:19:17 »

Hi.
My bios is updated yet with the last released in February. Is there another new bios anywhere?

The bios update does not seem to be available for you yet. Also Nahimic isn't listed on the download page of your product so is simply not supported yet for your laptop.

Wait for the Windows 10 drivers to drop for your model, they will certainly offer either an updated creative suite (unlikely) or a bios/nahimic package.

sblomsterberg

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #12 on: 29-July-15, 12:35:05 »

Hi all,

I just upgraded to Windows 10 on my new MSI Ghost Pro 4K laptop (with the new 5th gen i7) and Nahimic no longer works.  Is there somewhere that an update can be downloaded?  Or is there replacement Audio software that can be downloaded to replicate that type of audio?  I find that the speakers by themselves sound pretty blah without the software enhancements.  

Thanks in advance!

cmplieger

• SECOND LIEUTENANT
    • SnippetSpace
« Reply #13 on: 29-July-15, 12:44:28 »

Have you tried with windows 10 drivers or with 8.1 drivers?
Have you tried using the versions in this thread?

I would recommend to uninstall nahimic and the realtek suite and simply reinstall them (always realtek first then nahimic).

sblomsterberg

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #14 on: 29-July-15, 14:03:10 »

Have you tried with windows 10 drivers or with 8.1 drivers?
Have you tried using the versions in this thread?

I would recommend to uninstall nahimic and the realtek suite and simply reinstall them (always realtek first then nahimic).
Hi there!

This absolutely worked!  Thank you so very much ^_^!  I followed the steps in this thread and it's perfect again!

Take care,
Sven

graneri.fabien

• SERGEANT
« Reply #15 on: 29-July-15, 15:36:35 »

The bios update does not seem to be available for you yet. Also Nahimic isn't listed on the download page of your product so is simply not supported yet for your laptop.

Wait for the Windows 10 drivers to drop for your model, they will certainly offer either an updated creative suite (unlikely) or a bios/nahimic package.

Hello,
As this topic was "generic" I supposed it was valid for every MSI laptop. The admin should post a list of compatibles models.

Thank you for your help.

moblawski

• SERGEANT
« Reply #16 on: 30-July-15, 08:05:43 »

The tray icon is so ugly! I can't understand why it was published like this :-P

huijbers

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #17 on: 30-July-15, 11:46:16 »

I really miss loudness in Nahimic. My wireless card broke and I had to send in my gs60, it came back factory resetted and with bios and firmware and stuff updated. The first thing I noticed when playing some videos was that I could barely hear what was being said. I went looking into the settings and found soundblaster cinema not working, some more googling left me here and I installed nahimic but sound still isn't as clear and loud as it used to be with soundblaster cinema :(

razvanpaduraru

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #18 on: 31-July-15, 02:01:34 »

Found this thread.

Tried to install Nahimic on my ge70 2pe win. 10.

nikitadmitry

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #19 on: 31-July-15, 05:04:01 »

razvanpaduraru, it won't work unless MSI releases a BIOS update, use Sound Blaster Cinema instead (download here). Look through this thread for more info: https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=258956.0

kumar7

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #20 on: 31-July-15, 10:32:32 »

tried to install but failed :(

cmplieger

• SECOND LIEUTENANT
    • SnippetSpace
« Reply #21 on: 03-August-15, 08:07:35 »

NAhimic will only work if you have a compatible bios version. Only some laptops support it´untill all windows 10 drivers/bioses are released.

bf1942er

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #22 on: 03-August-15, 19:56:00 »

My laptop is GS60 2QE Ghost 4k 4th generation intel processor.
I upgraded my os to win10 and bios to 10F successfully, and I installed the Nahimic correctly.
After that, I found that my laptop's volumes became much lower especially in playing games, I even can't hear the sounds.(I reinstall the sound driver many times and also tried different version but the same issue happens)
Is anyone has the same issue?I don't know if this caused by bios or win10 or audio drivers.

alexkiu83

• SERGEANT
« Reply #23 on: 04-August-15, 02:59:25 »

I keep saying nahimic is RUBBISH but MSI refused to listen. MSI is getting worse and worse when it comes to software support. first they removed sound blaster cinema 2, then they gave us a really rubbish nahimic software which is not working half of the time with inferior sound quality, then HASWELL users are now considered as second class citizens without any windows 10 support for drivers till this day. to make matters worse, the MSI true color app, which worked marvellously in the beginning only to be updated to newer but not working properly software. MSI, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOUR SUPPORT TEAM??

bf1942er

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #24 on: 04-August-15, 06:57:29 »

I really miss loudness in Nahimic. My wireless card broke and I had to send in my gs60, it came back factory resetted and with bios and firmware and stuff updated. The first thing I noticed when playing some videos was that I could barely hear what was being said. I went looking into the settings and found soundblaster cinema not working, some more googling left me here and I installed nahimic but sound still isn't as clear and loud as it used to be with soundblaster cinema :(
I was thinking the issue caused by win10 compability, now I'm sure it's casued by the nahimic when I saw your post.
I want get back soundblaster cinema but there is no download link now and I think after upgraded the bios , we cannot use the soundblaster unless we downgrade our bios.

jsecondi

• CORPORAL
« Reply #25 on: 05-August-15, 05:36:17 »

My laptop is GS60 2QE Ghost 4k 4th generation intel processor.
I upgraded my os to win10 and bios to 10F successfully, and I installed the Nahimic correctly.
After that, I found that my laptop's volumes became much lower especially in playing games, I even can't hear the sounds.(I reinstall the sound driver many times and also tried different version but the same issue happens)
Is anyone has the same issue?I don't know if this caused by bios or win10 or audio drivers.
Same problem here with Windows 8.1. I think it has to do with the BIOS update and Nahimic replacement for the SB Cinema software; but there is a solution I found to the low volume. Uninstall the Realtek driver (which I think is not fully compatible with the BIOS update either, as the HD audio manager refuses to run properly) and remove anything sound related in the device manager under "sound , video, and game controllers." Then reboot or scan for hardware changes and let Windows install their generic "High Definition audio device." Then in Control Panel > Sound go into the speaker properties and there'll be an "Enhancements" tab; check "loudness equalization" and apply and you should have a noticeable increase in volume. That "enhancements" tab is not there for me with the Realtek drivers installed and the volume boost in the Nahimic software seems to be there as a joke.

I wrote to MSI support with the problem of not being able to re-install the SB Cinema II software after the BIOS update and they recommended I do a system recovery! It's time to implement a proper solution to these audio problems MSI; most of us bought these laptops for gaming and sound is an important part of that experience.

dimitrios.matanis

• SERGEANT
« Reply #26 on: 06-August-15, 01:30:42 »

Hello.

GT72 2QE 4th Gen here.

I followed the steps in this thread on Windows 10 and everything is OK with nahimic but I have another problem.

I can not see the realtek HD audio manager icon in the tray or in the control panel...

The device manager shows that the realtek driver is installed but I can't seem to be able to access the UI.

If I run the GUI exe from the realtek program files, I can see the icon in the taskbar (not tray) but the GUI is blank.

I have tried several versions of the driver, including the one you bundled here with nahimic.

No idea what to do right now... Any help?

AgentKoval

• SERGEANT
  • GS60 Ghost Pro 4k 2QE (4th gen)
« Reply #27 on: 06-August-15, 02:01:23 »

Hey all,

I have managed to get Nahimic to work...unfortunately. I have the GS60 Ghost Pro 2QE 4k. I have windows 10 installed as well. I updated my BIOS to the 10F version, which is the latest, this morning. I then uninstalled soundblaster and unsintalled all the Realtek drivers in my device manager under the Ausdio inputs and output section as well as the sound, video and game controller section.

I then downloaded from the link at the top of this post, ran the instructions given.

I now have Nahimic on my system....and it works. I am able to choose the different programs like Game, Movie or Music. The trouble is that all the setting are bad. The problem is that the sound is very soft, I get maybe less than half of the sound I got with soundblaster and the bass  is horrible even after messing with the settings. I am wanting to downgrade my BIOS and remove this garbage.

MSI, please keep fixing this!
If I was able to help, please mark my answer as best solution :)

dimitrios.matanis

• SERGEANT
« Reply #28 on: 06-August-15, 02:35:30 »

Hey all,

I have managed to get Nahimic to work...unfortunately. I have the GS60 Ghost Pro 2QE 4k. I have windows 10 installed as well. I updated my BIOS to the 10F version, which is the latest, this morning. I then uninstalled soundblaster and unsintalled all the Realtek drivers in my device manager under the Ausdio inputs and output section as well as the sound, video and game controller section.

I then downloaded from the link at the top of this post, ran the instructions given.

I now have Nahimic on my system....and it works. I am able to choose the different programs like Game, Movie or Music. The trouble is that all the setting are bad. The problem is that the sound is very soft, I get maybe less than half of the sound I got with soundblaster and the bass  is horrible even after messing with the settings. I am wanting to downgrade my BIOS and remove this garbage.

MSI, please keep fixing this!

I am sorry to hear that Koval.

Could you please let me know if you can see the Realtek brown speaker icon in your system tray and if you can open the Audio manager by double clicking it?

Thanks in advance.

bf1942er

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #29 on: 06-August-15, 07:13:06 »

Same problem here with Windows 8.1. I think it has to do with the BIOS update and Nahimic replacement for the SB Cinema software; but there is a solution I found to the low volume. Uninstall the Realtek driver (which I think is not fully compatible with the BIOS update either, as the HD audio manager refuses to run properly) and remove anything sound related in the device manager under "sound , video, and game controllers." Then reboot or scan for hardware changes and let Windows install their generic "High Definition audio device." Then in Control Panel > Sound go into the speaker properties and there'll be an "Enhancements" tab; check "loudness equalization" and apply and you should have a noticeable increase in volume. That "enhancements" tab is not there for me with the Realtek drivers installed and the volume boost in the Nahimic software seems to be there as a joke.

I wrote to MSI support with the problem of not being able to re-install the SB Cinema II software after the BIOS update and they recommended I do a system recovery! It's time to implement a proper solution to these audio problems MSI; most of us bought these laptops for gaming and sound is an important part of that experience.
I did as the steps, but still cannot find the "Enhancements" tab,maybe because of I'm using win10 now,the driver cannot installed as "High Definition audio device".Now I'm considering to buy an external sound card to replace the nahimic this rubbish.

jsecondi

• CORPORAL
« Reply #30 on: 06-August-15, 07:23:06 »

I did as the steps, but still cannot find the "Enhancements" tab,maybe because of I'm using win10 now,the driver cannot installed as "High Definition audio device".Now I'm considering to buy an external sound card to replace the nahimic this rubbish.
I've not taken the leap to Windows 10 yet so I'm not familiar with its Control Panel settings yet. Is there still a speaker icon in the system tray in the lower right corner? If I right click on that and select "playback devices" I can get to the same "speaker properties" dialog. Without that "loudness equalization" option checked the system volume is too low to play games without headphones.

AgentKoval

• SERGEANT
« Reply #31 on: 06-August-15, 11:36:40 »

I am sorry to hear that Koval.

Could you please let me know if you can see the Realtek brown speaker icon in your system tray and if you can open the Audio manager by double clicking it?

Thanks in advance.

Nope,  there is no realtek icon in the system tray.

I just have the blue N from nahimic. However I do have Realtek HD in my windows 10 notification center. I have tried to attach a screen shot however I am using an unstable wifi right now. I will have to attah the correct screen shot when I am home.

dimitrios.matanis

• SERGEANT
« Reply #32 on: 07-August-15, 02:33:34 »

The built-in speaker sound with the drivers on this thread and nahimic is just underwhelming :( Soooo low...

Wish this could get fixed together with the Realtek HD Audio Manager.

Hopefully someone from MSI sees this.

AgentKoval

• SERGEANT
« Reply #33 on: 08-August-15, 10:56:50 »

I believe my inferior sound quality is steming from the fact that my sub woofer no longer works. I noticed on another thread
that majorboobage post a picture of his sound configuration setting and it looks different than mine. His is showing that the sub woofer is at least recognized, while mine is not. I am offered only stereo configuration as sen in the pictures. 

Anyone know how I can get my sub woofer back in action?

steelreaperdragon

• SERGEANT
  • Msi !!!
« Reply #34 on: 09-August-15, 07:05:26 »

I keep saying nahimic is RUBBISH but MSI refused to listen. MSI is getting worse and worse when it comes to software support. first they removed sound blaster cinema 2, then they gave us a really rubbish nahimic software which is not working half of the time with inferior sound quality, then HASWELL users are now considered as second class citizens without any windows 10 support for drivers till this day. to make matters worse, the MSI true color app, which worked marvellously in the beginning only to be updated to newer but not working properly software. MSI, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOUR SUPPORT TEAM??

this is MSI rule make new laptop and wont support best laptop and force to be old by not making driver and utility. MSI... never again. MSI support team is worst team.sony make warning their notebook user ''wait for upgrade we are working on drivers and utilities'' but what MSI do? go go come on upgrade Windows 10 and we will fck with your Money and hope your monster best süper gaming machine is old now go and buy new one we are best!!!!

steelreaperdragon

• SERGEANT
  • Msi !!!
« Reply #35 on: 09-August-15, 07:13:05 »

i have a gt70 2pe dominator pro and i have a soundblaster trouble.i create a ticket for driver and nahimic support they say a lot of things and last i check they send me this....

Ticket:
windows 10 driver

Content:

Dear Ahmet ........,

Sorry, I have to say that we will not make BIOS to solve the nahimic problems with this model,and please wait for the sound blaster's solution.. :(

Best Regards,
 MSI Notebook Technical Application Department

what is this '' :( '' liars.money sucker liars i am not going to buy new MSI. i will resist your company policy! make old the best and sell the new best MSI always best this is your motto

a.ramos

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #36 on: 09-August-15, 07:21:18 »

I did the update to Windows 10 and pretty much everything works out of the gate with some exceptions..  I video drivers needed updating which I normally get from NVidia anyway and the Killer networking software needed installing (older version works well).

The issue is this sounds software- the older software was removed and replaced with this without supporting the new OS which is a problem, I was hoping to get some handle on sound, both playback and recording which Nahimic should do for me.  Sure I can record with what the OS gives me but I have no other control.

I have a GS60 Ghost Pro 064,  current bios is: E16HS5IMS.10D.  Everything is 8.1 for supported software from MSI so far.  If the issue is BIOS and software related I'll just have to wait- but I don't treasure the method of updating BIOS MSI uses, I would rather flash from the desktop and have it complete during reboot.

Is there any ETA on when the updates will be ready for us that have this model?

majorboobage

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #37 on: 09-August-15, 11:04:33 »

what is this '' :( '' liars.money sucker liars i am not going to buy new MSI. i will resist your company policy! make old the best and sell the new best MSI always best this is your motto
yep agree 100% I bought GS70 2QE It's a good laptop with some extremely cheap parts, but that nahimic thing made my notebook sounds like 10$ chinese phone.

And I payed for this $1800

I wish I had bought Razer Blade, they have only 2 models so its no problem for razer to support them.

AgentKoval

• SERGEANT
« Reply #38 on: 09-August-15, 13:52:07 »

yep agree 100% I bought GS70 2QE It's a good laptop with some extremely cheap parts, but that nahimic thing made my notebook sounds like 10$ chinese phone.

And I payed for this $1800

I wish I had bought Razer Blade, they have only 2 models so its no problem for razer to support them.

Yeah, I am in agreement. The only problem with Razer is the price though, its hard to justify that price with what you get. That is why I went with MSI as a final choice. I guess the expression "cheap can be expensive" should be the new MSI motto.

In any situation, I still have faith that MSI will pull this together, at least they have a few days to reply to me. However, we are not second class citizens; after the presentation from Intel at Gamescon this year showing off their new processor, we are actually 3rd class citizens now :(

FIX NAHIMIC!!!!!!! (Just to keep us on topic here)

graneri.fabien

• SERGEANT
« Reply #39 on: 09-August-15, 14:39:24 »

i have a gt70 2pe dominator pro and i have a soundblaster trouble.i create a ticket for driver and nahimic support they say a lot of things and last i check they send me this....

Ticket:
windows 10 driver

Content:

Dear Ahmet ........,

Sorry, I have to say that we will not make BIOS to solve the nahimic problems with this model,and please wait for the sound blaster's solution.. :(

Best Regards,
 MSI Notebook Technical Application Department

That sounds strange, because your model is listed for an incoming upgrade.

a.ramos

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #40 on: 10-August-15, 17:59:07 »

I ran the latest BIOS update and was able to load the software without an issue- I updated to the newer installer and it seems to work- however it doesn't like my using the BLUE Yeti mic.. Instead it tells me that for the best experience I should use the default REALTek inputs.  Um, no.. not even by a long stretch would that be better will that ever be corrected or is it the way things are with this software?

alexkiu83

• SERGEANT
« Reply #41 on: 10-August-15, 18:41:02 »

I have started a poll in the main gaming forum. please cast your vote so msi can see what we want. thanks

dimitrios.matanis

• SERGEANT
« Reply #42 on: 11-August-15, 10:32:58 »

I ran the latest BIOS update and was able to load the software without an issue- I updated to the newer installer and it seems to work- however it doesn't like my using the BLUE Yeti mic.. Instead it tells me that for the best experience I should use the default REALTek inputs.  Um, no.. not even by a long stretch would that be better will that ever be corrected or is it the way things are with this software?

Which BIOS version did you install? Do you have a 4th gen or 5th gen CPU? Does nahimic work for you now?

I just saw your post and decided to update my BIOS...

First of all, it broke my GRUB dual boot manager for linux... Thankfully I think I know how to fix that.

I used the version for 4th Gen that's currently on MSI website: E1781IMS.10V

After the update I uninstalled nahimic and the realtek drivers and re-installed, hoping to see the manager appearing again...

Bad news... Nothing changed. The icon is still not in the tray or control panel and the .exe's do nothing when you run them as admin or not...

I have no idea what you did differently than me... Hopefully you can help.

huijbers

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #43 on: 11-August-15, 12:04:36 »

there seems to be new version of sbc 2 1.08 which does run on win10 but since my uefi was upgraded it won't recognize my card

AgentKoval

• SERGEANT
« Reply #44 on: 11-August-15, 13:08:34 »

Which BIOS version did you install? Do you have a 4th gen or 5th gen CPU? Does nahimic work for you now?

I just saw your post and decided to update my BIOS...

First of all, it broke my GRUB dual boot manager for linux... Thankfully I think I know how to fix that.

I used the version for 4th Gen that's currently on MSI website: E1781IMS.10V

After the update I uninstalled nahimic and the realtek drivers and re-installed, hoping to see the manager appearing again...

Bad news... Nothing changed. The icon is still not in the tray or control panel and the .exe's do nothing when you run them as admin or not...

I have no idea what you did differently than me... Hopefully you can help.

Hey there,

So I have the GS60 2QE 4k running the E16H5IMS.10F BIOS. What I did was update my BIOS to E16H5IMS.10F, then I uninstalled the sound blaster program and uninstalled the realtek drivers in my device manager, make sure to uninstall the ones under "Audio Input" and "Sound, Video and game controllers".

Then I followed the link at the top of this thread, I downloaded the Nahimic file and followed the instructions: 1) run reg clean up 2) Run the set up under the audio foler 3) install the Nahimic software.

After a few automatic reboots the program was installed.

I must say that my sub woofers stopped working and I get less than half the sound quality as with the sound blaster software, even with the audio boost. I barely hear anything when watching a movie or playing a game... its awful! I have asked for a copy of the previous BIOS from MSI so I can downgrade, I lost access to my back up.

To date, there is no working Nahimic program on any freaking MSI notebook. If it is working, then it came with that laptop and the owner does not realize how much potential they have lost by the MSI switch to Nahimic....

MSI, PLEASE ANSWER MY SUPPORT TICKETS!!

majorboobage

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #45 on: 12-August-15, 05:20:03 »

Only 2 speakers works... Thanks nahimic :bonk:

huijbers

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #46 on: 12-August-15, 06:18:23 »

Hey there,

So I have the GS60 2QE 4k running the E16H5IMS.10F BIOS. What I did was update my BIOS to E16H5IMS.10F, then I uninstalled the sound blaster program and uninstalled the realtek drivers in my device manager, make sure to uninstall the ones under "Audio Input" and "Sound, Video and game controllers".

Then I followed the link at the top of this thread, I downloaded the Nahimic file and followed the instructions: 1) run reg clean up 2) Run the set up under the audio foler 3) install the Nahimic software.

After a few automatic reboots the program was installed.

I must say that my sub woofers stopped working and I get less than half the sound quality as with the sound blaster software, even with the audio boost. I barely hear anything when watching a movie or playing a game... its awful! I have asked for a copy of the previous BIOS from MSI so I can downgrade, I lost access to my back up.

To date, there is no working Nahimic program on any freaking MSI notebook. If it is working, then it came with that laptop and the owner does not realize how much potential they have lost by the MSI switch to Nahimic....

MSI, PLEASE ANSWER MY SUPPORT TICKETS!!

I have the gs60 2qe 3k and have the previous bios E16H2IMS.10E but I didn't succeed in downgrading it, it reboots and just hangs
see also this topic: https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=259529.msg1486855#new

AgentKoval

• SERGEANT
« Reply #47 on: 12-August-15, 07:50:38 »

I just downgraded my BIOS and put sound blaster back on my PC.

My Audio is back to being perfect and my sub woofer is amazing again.

This Nahimic experiment is over for me. To date Nahimc has:

• Crashed upon installation
  • Caused fatal driver issues with my windows 10 causing me to revert back to factory settings
  • Turned my 2000 euro laptop into a 10 euro tin can in sound quality
  • Kept me up for several nights trying to fix what MSI broke

To highly urge anyone who is considering buying a laptop or desktop with Nahimic to seriously reconsider. It has serious issues with windows 10 and a dismal sound quality.

Looking through the fourms I have seen several people with issues with their computer after installation of this software and have been left in the cold by MSI with no help.

What I recommend is that if you are upset and your computer was damaged in some way by the negligence of MSI, please feel free to submit a report to the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and the Federal Trade Commission Consumer Protect Department (FTC):

https://www.bbb.org/

https://www.ftc.gov/

MSI has been highly negligent in telling customers in telling them that their PC is up gradable to windows 10 -> failing to tell them that sound blaster does not work on windows 10 -> forcing the customer to update BIOS -> using BIOS to pull comparability with previous sound blaster -> only to throw down a fatally incompatible  program with windows 10 a.k.a Nahimic

Make a report. Don't Make a report. I don't care, but the option is there. I am rage quitting this software, it is a nightmare I am glad to have over.

*Drops Mic* 

huijbers

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #48 on: 12-August-15, 07:54:15 »

how did you downgrade?

AgentKoval

• SERGEANT
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up