Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Nahimic latest driver update  (Read 126017 times)

steelreaperdragon

• SERGEANT
  • Msi !!!
Re: Nahimic latest driver update
« Reply #50 on: 12-August-15, 10:32:15 »

I just downgraded my BIOS and put sound blaster back on my PC.

My Audio is back to being perfect and my sub woofer is amazing again.

This Nahimic experiment is over for me. To date Nahimc has:

• Crashed upon installation
  • Caused fatal driver issues with my windows 10 causing me to revert back to factory settings
  • Turned my 2000 euro laptop into a 10 euro tin can in sound quality
  • Kept me up for several nights trying to fix what MSI broke

To highly urge anyone who is considering buying a laptop or desktop with Nahimic to seriously reconsider. It has serious issues with windows 10 and a dismal sound quality.

Looking through the fourms I have seen several people with issues with their computer after installation of this software and have been left in the cold by MSI with no help.

What I recommend is that if you are upset and your computer was damaged in some way by the negligence of MSI, please feel free to submit a report to the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and the Federal Trade Commission Consumer Protect Department (FTC):

https://www.bbb.org/

https://www.ftc.gov/

MSI has been highly negligent in telling customers in telling them that their PC is up gradable to windows 10 -> failing to tell them that sound blaster does not work on windows 10 -> forcing the customer to update BIOS -> using BIOS to pull comparability with previous sound blaster -> only to throw down a fatally incompatible  program with windows 10 a.k.a Nahimic

Make a report. Don't Make a report. I don't care, but the option is there. I am rage quitting this software, it is a nightmare I am glad to have over.

*Drops Mic*  

thank god agent koval i am sorry for you,happy days with sound blaster :) i hope they will listen us and do properly their job....

huijbers

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #51 on: 12-August-15, 11:39:02 »

It works, all (if you don't coun't downgrading uefi, factory resetting to win8.1 and then upgrading again to win10) that was necessary was to delete exit SBC in win10 and delete  C:\Program Files (x86)\Creative\Sound Blaster Cinema 2\Sound Blaster Cinema 2\SBCinema2.exe.config

now I can't find the url anymore to SBC2, I want that zip somewhere save!!!!

budullis

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #52 on: 12-August-15, 13:54:01 »

It works, all (if you don't coun't downgrading uefi, factory resetting to win8.1 and then upgrading again to win10) that was necessary was to delete exit SBC in win10 and delete  C:\Program Files (x86)\Creative\Sound Blaster Cinema 2\Sound Blaster Cinema 2\SBCinema2.exe.config

now I can't find the url anymore to SBC2, I want that zip somewhere save!!!!
Should be this one.

AgentKoval

• SERGEANT
  • GS60 Ghost Pro 4k 2QE (4th gen)
« Reply #53 on: 12-August-15, 15:19:55 »

Here is a link to my cloud with the Sound Blaster and Realtek program files.

I will keep this link alive for a couple days and then take it down and provide files as requested if ppl need it. I also have the E16H5IMS10D for GS60 2QE 4th Generation if needed.

http://1drv.ms/1ILM1l9

Good luck folks
If I was able to help, please mark my answer as best solution :)

majorboobage

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #54 on: 13-August-15, 09:17:07 »

Just downgraded, and have question, what should i choose here?

AgentKoval

Can you please give link for latest realtek drivers for SBC2 ?

cgarcia12

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #55 on: 18-August-15, 00:28:27 »

Diver works, Nahimic control station works, the only thing that does not work now is my MIC adjustments, all I get is ECHO and feed back and I am unable to adjust the settings to make it stop, if anyone knows of a setting or way to fix this your help would be greatly appreciated.

a.ramos

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #56 on: 19-August-15, 18:23:21 »

Which BIOS version did you install? Do you have a 4th gen or 5th gen CPU? Does nahimic work for you now?

I just saw your post and decided to update my BIOS...

First of all, it broke my GRUB dual boot manager for linux... Thankfully I think I know how to fix that.

I used the version for 4th Gen that's currently on MSI website: E1781IMS.10V

After the update I uninstalled nahimic and the realtek drivers and re-installed, hoping to see the manager appearing again...

Bad news... Nothing changed. The icon is still not in the tray or control panel and the .exe's do nothing when you run them as admin or not...

I have no idea what you did differently than me... Hopefully you can help.

I used E16HS5IMS.10F which enabled me to install- oddly enough- I wouldn't think BIOS would matter but it did.  However I do see that the volume coming from the speakers is MUCH lower than it is supposed to be.  Even at 100% its more like 60%.  If I plug in headphones its a lot better.  Normal even.  Not sure which install is right for your system though, I chose Gen 4 Haswell.  All is well on that front.  More work is needed in software dev to resolve these issues I think.  Turning off Nahimic in its panel returns sound to what it should be.  But why?  Bah whatever I'm going to shelve working on this.  As it is my system is still mostly working off the drivers MS finds to utilize hardware instead of anything tweaked/specialized from MSI.  At this point I just have a very expensive mediocre portable PC on my hands.

sanorin01

• PRIVATE E-2
  • GS70 2QE
« Reply #57 on: 21-August-15, 00:14:07 »

While still on Windows 8.1, I upgraded my BIOS and installed the 6.0.1.7503 Realtek audio drivers that were in the download page of my GS70 2QE. Then tried to install Nahimic, and got an error message saying my device drivers were obsolete.

Ok, never mind, I though maybe it wasn't compatible with Windows 8.1, so I proceeded to clean install Windows 10, and let it download and install the drivers by itself. Funnily enough, it downloaded a more updated version of the audio drivers (6.0.1.7535), which allowed me to install Nahimic without issues.

Now, I have mixed feelings about Nahimic. It does seem to have more customization options than Sound Blaster Cinema 2, but as many people have commented, it does sound much lower. I'm using the volume booster setting at 100% (6.0 dB), with the speakers volume at 50%, and it still sounds lower than before. With SBC2 I never really needed to set my speakers much higher than 40%, but now I'm lucky if I can hear anything while gaming at 80% volume.

schusr

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #58 on: 22-August-15, 17:36:38 »

Thanks, this fixed issue with RingCentral's softphone.

Although I haven't reinstalled Nahimic.

Fulaman

• SECOND LIEUTENANT
« Reply #59 on: 27-August-15, 11:32:57 »

What a scary thread. I guess it was good practice for me to delete Nahimic (unknownly) from my MSi GT80 Titan SLI-253. However, I only deleted it because I thought it was bloatware and thought that my computer came with Soundblaster Cinema 2 instead. Apparently I was wrong. Currently, my Dynaudio sound system on my MSi GT80 sounds mediocre at best. I assume that is due to the fact that it is using Realtek Audio Drivers. So I have never had a chance to see what the bass truly sounds like because from what I have seen, this sound system lacks a lot of bass. There is no low-end whatsoever. I remember in the olden days when I had a 3.1 sound system (2 speakers and 1 sub) from Logitech and it sounded great. I was expecting some similar kind of sound quality from my Dynaudio sound system on my computer.

david

• COLONEL
  • Software dev & media creation w/ gaming gear.
« Reply #60 on: 27-August-15, 16:24:48 »

What a scary thread. I guess it was good practice for me to delete Nahimic (unknownly) from my MSi GT80 Titan SLI-253. However, I only deleted it because I thought it was bloatware and thought that my computer came with Soundblaster Cinema 2 instead. Apparently I was wrong. Currently, my Dynaudio sound system on my MSi GT80 sounds mediocre at best. I assume that is due to the fact that it is using Realtek Audio Drivers. So I have never had a chance to see what the bass truly sounds like because from what I have seen, this sound system lacks a lot of bass. There is no low-end whatsoever. I remember in the olden days when I had a 3.1 sound system (2 speakers and 1 sub) from Logitech and it sounded great. I was expecting some similar kind of sound quality from my Dynaudio sound system on my computer.

Hi Fulaman,

Take heart! Your Titan is better off just the way you have it.

Your Realtek HD driver is the ONLY way your computer can get sound to your internal speakers and headphone jack. This is true regardless whether Nahimic or Sound Blaster Cinema are installed. And the Dynaudio speaker system is a good one---for a notebook, that is. The primary way that Nahimic or Sound Blaster Cinema make your Titan sound "better" is by adjusting the frequency response of the audio signal passing through the Realtek HD driver---and they do this by controlling the features built into the Realtek HD DSP chip via its driver. Nahimic and Sound Blaster Cinema are sound effects programs and that is all they do---add sound effects to the audio signal using the features already present in the Realtek HD driver. In addition to changing the frequency response, they can also add reverb and alter the phase of the audio signal---but these latter capabilities rarely improve the sonic quality.

The actual measurable audio quality of the Realtek HD driver is far superior without Nahimic and Sound Blaster Cinema.

If you don't like the "sound" then you can manually change it, yourself, by directly controlling the driver using the Realtek HD Audio Manager. You have some of the same tools available to you as Nahimic and Sound Blaster Cinema. Run the Realtek HD Audio Manager. Click on the "Speakers" tab. Select the "Sound Effects" tab below. Find the graphic EQ icon at the top of the lower section and click it to expose the 10-band graphic equalizer. Boost your bass here. Change the frequency response until it sounds the way you want. Voila! You're in control! If you want voices to stand out during a game, boost the mid frequencies. You can even save presets so you can quickly change EQ settings in the future. There is also a convenient "Loudness Equalization" option and a variety of reverb options.

The quality you can achieve with the Realtek HD driver and its Audio Manager is far superior to Nahimic and Sound Blaster Cinema because its fidelity is higher (less distortion). What you don't get is the ability to create a distorted and fake surround sound effect. And the sad thing is that the Realtek HD DSP chip on the motherboard is hardcoded to do Dolby Digital Live (DDL)---the best surround sound emulator available from the folks that invented modern surround sound. But MSI did not license it for the Titan so the software does not expose the feature. (Note: MSI did apparently license it for the GT70 Dominator and you'll see it listed in the "Audio Features" section of the Tech Specs.) Some users---though no Titan users that I am aware of---have hacked their Realtek HD driver to enable DDL.

Kind regards, David
GT80 2QE Titan SLI-001 • i7-4720HQ • 32 GB DRAM • 2 x GTX 980M in SLI • 16 GB VRAM (8 GB/GPU) • 2 x 512 GB Micron M600 M.2 SSDs in mirrored Recovery array • 2 x 128 Toshiba M.2 SSDs in mirrored RAID-1 • 2 TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD • MiniPro RAID V2 external case w/ 2 x 2 TB Seagate ST2000LM003 HD in RAID-1 for local backup • 40" Philips 4K UHD BDM4065UC monitor • Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum RGB external keyboard • Logitech G903 Lightspeed wireless mouse w/ Powerplay charging mousepad • Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit • Adobe Master Collection CS6

Fulaman

• SECOND LIEUTENANT
« Reply #61 on: 27-August-15, 16:34:50 »

Hi Fulaman,

Your Realtek HD driver is the ONLY way your computer can get sound to your internal speakers and headphone jack. This is true regardless whether Nahimic or Sound Blaster Cinema are installed. And the Dynaudio speaker system is a good one---for a notebook, that is. The primary way that Nahimic or Sound Blaster Cinema make your Titan sound "better" is by adjusting the frequency response of the audio signal passing through the Realtek HD driver---and they do this by controlling the features built into the Realtek HD DSP chip via its driver. Nahimic and Sound Blaster Cinema are sound effects programs and that is all they do---add sound effects to the audio signal using the features already present in the Realtek HD driver. In addition to changing the frequency response, they can also add reverb and alter the phase of the audio signal---but these latter capabilities rarely improve the sonic quality.

The actual measurable audio quality of the Realtek HD driver is far superior without Nahimic and Sound Blaster Cinema.

If you don't like the "sound" then you can manually change it, yourself, by directly controlling the driver using the Realtek HD Audio Manager. You have some of the same tools available to you as Nahimic and Sound Blaster Cinema. Run the Realtek HD Audio Manager. Click on the "Speakers" tab. Select the "Sound Effects" tab below. Find the graphic EQ icon at the top of the lower section and click it to expose the 10-band graphic equalizer. Boost your bass here. Change the frequency response until it sounds the way you want. Voila! You're in control! If you want voices to stand out during a game, boost the mid frequencies. You can even save presets so you can quickly change EQ settings in the future. There is also a convenient "Loudness Equalization" option and a variety of reverb options.

The quality you can achieve with the Realtek HD driver and its Audio Manager is far superior to Nahimic and Sound Blaster Cinema because its fidelity is higher (less distortion). What you don't get is the ability to create a distorted and fake surround sound effect. And the sad thing is that the Realtek HD DSP chip on the motherboard is hardcoded to do Dolby Digital Live (DDL)---the best surround sound emulator available from the folks that invented modern surround sound. But MSI did not license it for the Titan so the software does not expose the feature. (Note: MSI did apparently license it for the GT70 Dominator and you'll see it listed in the "Audio Features" section of the Tech Specs.) Some users---though no Titan users that I am aware of---have hacked their Realtek HD driver to enable DDL.

Kind regards, David

David, I very much enjoyed your post! It was comical and informative at the same time. Well, Nahimic will definitely not be making a return ROFL. So I imagine that I could tune the bass to respond in the 35hz - Highest low-end frequency range (that is hopefully for the subwoofer). I agree that the sound system is pretty decent (I mean the mids and highs) I hardly ever have it up at half volume. Just a quick question btw since you also have a GT80. Do you ever experience microstutters in games?

david

• COLONEL
« Reply #62 on: 27-August-15, 16:54:43 »

... Just a quick question btw since you also have a GT80. Do you ever experience microstutters in games?

No. But I haven't done much gaming yet---I'm snowed with work right now. I have noticed some "stuttering" with video but that was through a browser (Firefox) and a 70 MB/s internet connection via ethernet. I doubt it had anything to do with the Titan, itself. Also, I may be one of the only folks running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit on their Titan. So any comparisons to my Titan will be apples to oranges. ;D

Kind regards, David
GT80 2QE Titan SLI-001 • i7-4720HQ • 32 GB DRAM • 2 x GTX 980M in SLI • 16 GB VRAM (8 GB/GPU) • 2 x 512 GB Micron M600 M.2 SSDs in mirrored Recovery array • 2 x 128 Toshiba M.2 SSDs in mirrored RAID-1 • 2 TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD • MiniPro RAID V2 external case w/ 2 x 2 TB Seagate ST2000LM003 HD in RAID-1 for local backup • 40" Philips 4K UHD BDM4065UC monitor • Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum RGB external keyboard • Logitech G903 Lightspeed wireless mouse w/ Powerplay charging mousepad • Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit • Adobe Master Collection CS6

Fulaman

• SECOND LIEUTENANT
« Reply #63 on: 27-August-15, 20:24:53 »

No. But I haven't done much gaming yet---I'm snowed with work right now. I have noticed some "stuttering" with video but that was through a browser (Firefox) and a 70 MB/s internet connection via ethernet. I doubt it had anything to do with the Titan, itself. Also, I may be one of the only folks running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit on their Titan. So any comparisons to my Titan will be apples to oranges. ;D

Kind regards, David
Yah the stuttering video is more to do with Firefox than anything else. For videos, I use Chrome only lol.

Fulaman

• SECOND LIEUTENANT
« Reply #64 on: 29-August-15, 16:51:14 »

So I was stupid, I went ahead and installed Nahimic back on my computer because of the demonstration video they have on YouTube. But boy, did it sound nothing like the video. The sound is less vibrant than with no audio enhancements. 

I uninstalled it immediately and I'm still hearing softer sounds. BTW, what do you guys think of:

http://us.creative.com/p/sound-blaster/sound-blasteraxx-control-panel

For those of us who can't get access to Sound Blaster Cinema 2.

david

• COLONEL
« Reply #65 on: 29-August-15, 21:21:46 »

... BTW, what do you guys think of:

http://us.creative.com/p/sound-blaster/sound-blasteraxx-control-panel

For those of us who can't get access to Sound Blaster Cinema 2.

Hi Fulaman,

If I understand correctly, the Sound BlasterAxx Control Panel software only controls Creative Sound BlasterAxx hardware. See the hardware requirements here: http://www.soundblaster.com/products/sound-blasteraxx-specs.aspx

As far as I know, the Titan does not have a Sound BlasterAxx processor on its motherboard. Rather, it has a Realtek HD processor. Creative's Sound Blaster Cinema software was written to work with Realtek HD processors. But the Sound BlasterAxx is not (as far as I can tell).

If you want to try third-party sound effects or sound control software, it needs to be compatible with your hardware (the audio DSP chip on your notebook's motherboard) and/or its driver. For most MSI gaming notebooks, the hardware will be a Realtek HD chip (I don't remember the exact chip model numbers used by MSI---but it would be helpful to know.)

There is another solution and I'm surprised that more notebook owners don't use it. If you don't like the sound processor or software in your notebook and you're only interested in driving headphones or external speakers, then bypass the built-in sound entirely and get an external audio device. If you like Creative's software then buy one of their products---they make lots of audio devices that will plug into your notebook's USB port. Some will also interface with your Titan's digital S/PDIF port as well. Then you can get your audio device drivers and software directly from Creative and forget MSI for your audio.

Personally, I dislike Creative Lab's drivers and software. In my experience, their stuff is poorly designed, poorly written and generates way too much distortion. The fact that the Nahimic sound effects software is worse-sounding than Sound Blaster Cinema 2, is really bad. The one consumer sound device company that I trust is Turtle Beach. The company was founded by musicians who know good sound and their audio devices almost always outperformed the competition by a wide margin. Today they mostly make gaming headsets---but they still have a few audio devices. For example, their DSS2 Dolby Digital audio device is good for generating a decent pseudo surround sound image with plain stereo headphones (it connects to a digital S/PDIF port for audio and a USB port for power). And if you only need stereo sound, their USB-based Amigo II and Micro II are very economical.

There's only one reason that you must stick with your notebook's built-in audio device---if you need to use the built-in speakers of your notebook.

It's a shame that so many MSI notebook owners are having audio trouble because the Realtek HD DSP chip in most MSI gaming notebooks is quite good. And the high-end models like the GT80 Titan have excellent discrete amplifiers for the headphones, left and right stereo channels and subwoofer channel. The problem, as is often the case, is with driver and software support.

No matter what solution you seek, if you have made the jump to Win 10, you are probably going to have trouble for a while. Many audio devices do not yet have compatible drivers and software. It is patently stupid to make an early jump to a new OS version and expect to find all the needed drivers ready and waiting. When, in the history of the PC industry, have they ever been debugged, ready and waiting for the new OS? Those who expect quick support are either ignorant of the software development process and the complexities involved or have no understanding of the computer industry. If you truly need good sound, then you need to return to a version of Windows that has been around long enough for these complex audio drivers and software to have been written AND DEBUGGED!!! Even the operating system, itself, needs to be debugged after its official release before all of these things work right---that's just the way it is.

Regards, David

huijbers

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #66 on: 31-August-15, 01:04:29 »

If you own a Razer product you get Razer surround pro for free. Razor Surround Pro is actually a pretty decent solution, far better than Nahimic. I haven't tested it much but it is LOUD and sound is pretty clear.

a.ramos

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #67 on: 31-August-15, 19:42:05 »

I would love to do this but the reason I changed was because after Windows 10 the Creative software wasn't available anymore.  So bizarre that it behaves this way- headset = normal functionality.  Internal speakers= horrid functionality.

And no drivers or other software released for our systems in Windows 10?  What are people waiting for?  Can we please have some support?  Just got this in February of 2015, don't tell me MSI dropped support for it already??

dimitrios.matanis

• SERGEANT
« Reply #68 on: 01-September-15, 02:25:55 »

Hi Fulaman,

Kind regards, David

This is all good... *IF* you have a Realtek HD Audio Manager.

This program does not run on my GT72 with the realtek drivers from this thread. I contacted MSI about it and they said that the newest Realtek drivers do not use this software. It exists as an .exe but I can't run it.

There's also no "Enhancement" tab for my speakers properties. This means I can't use the "Loudness Equalization" feature which produces a big volume boost.

This is pretty bad and I am shocked nobody from MSI is actually posting here anymore...

david

• COLONEL
« Reply #69 on: 01-September-15, 05:17:56 »

This is all good... *IF* you have a Realtek HD Audio Manager.

This program does not run on my GT72 with the realtek drivers from this thread. I contacted MSI about it and they said that the newest Realtek drivers do not use this software. It exists as an .exe but I can't run it.

There's also no "Enhancement" tab for my speakers properties. This means I can't use the "Loudness Equalization" feature which produces a big volume boost.

This is pretty bad and I am shocked nobody from MSI is actually posting here anymore...

Hi dimitrios.matanis,

In that case, maybe you need to roll back to an earlier Realtek HD driver. I'm using version 6.0.1.7368 from Jan-2015. MSI still lists it as the "current" driver for GT80 Titans with 4th-gen (Haswell) i7 CPUs. It predates Nahimic and the reason it is still available is because MSI is not (yet) supporting Nahimic on Titans with 4th-gen i7 CPUs (Titans with 5th-gen i7 CPUs are getting all the new stuff right now).

If your version of the Realtek HD driver included the Realtek HD Audio Manager, it's possible that the Audio Manager is installed but just not visible. The executable file is "RAVCpl64.exe" and it should be located at: C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\.

Why would it not be visible? Some of the Realtek HD features are hidden when a third-party sound effects program is installed. For example, none of Realtek's "Sound Effects" are available to the user when Creative's Sound Blaster Cinema 2 is installed. The third-party software interjects itself in place of these features in the Realtek HD software.

Therefore, if you have Sound Blaster Cinema or Nahimic installed, you won't see all of the native Realtek HD features. Sound Blaster Cinema and Nahimic must be uninstalled first. And your system BIOS may also have an effect on which features are available. If you've updated your BIOS to a more recent (Nahimic-compatible) version, it might limit the audio features available directly from the Realtek HD software.

I don't if know your GT72 has the same Realtek HD DSP chip and hardware audio ins and outs as my GT80. I've examined my Titan's motherboard and the Realtek HD chip is not visible (most of the motherboard is hidden behind the various components inside the notebook). And the Titan has only two outputs (a headphone jack and a digital S/PDIF jack) and one input (mic). But, if the Realtek HD chips in the GT72 and GT80 are the same model, and both notebooks have the same ins and outs, and your GT72 system BIOS is compatible, then you could try installing the 6.0.1.7368 Realtek HD audio driver for the Titan on your notebook. It's available here: http://www.msi.com/support/nb/GT80-2QE-Titan-SLI-4.html#down-driver&Win8.1%2064 (it's listed simply as the "Audio" driver and it's available for both Win 8.1 and Win 7).

Kind regards, David

dimitrios.matanis

• SERGEANT
« Reply #70 on: 01-September-15, 05:20:58 »

Thank you David. I'll try to give this a shot when I get some time.

zizimonzter

• GE72 2QD Owner
  • SERGEANT
« Reply #71 on: 02-September-15, 03:42:28 »

Newest Version of Nahimic (1.2.6)
Code: [Select]
http://download.msi.com/uti_exe/nb/NahimicMSI_Setup_1.2.6_1.2.6.zip

Fulaman

• SECOND LIEUTENANT
« Reply #72 on: 02-September-15, 17:02:25 »

Any improvements? or is it the same old same old nonsense that we keep getting?

hydromx

• SECOND LIEUTENANT
  • What did you do!?
« Reply #73 on: 02-September-15, 18:11:33 »

If you own a Razer product you get Razer surround pro for free. Razor Surround Pro is actually a pretty decent solution, far better than Nahimic. I haven't tested it much but it is LOUD and sound is pretty clear.
Thank you hujibers!

I have a Razor Oriochi mouse that I had registered. Downloaded the Razor Surround Sound and it also installed Synapse.  When it was done I had Razor Surround Sound Pro. A $20 program for FREE!!
A lot better than Nahimic.
MSI GE70 2QE APACHE PRO
i7 4720HQ -- 12GB DDR3L / 1TB HDD
GTX960M GDDR5 2GB

Guild Wars 2 / Diablo III / Minecraft

Fulaman

• SECOND LIEUTENANT
« Reply #74 on: 03-September-15, 10:57:03 »

Without Nahimic the Dynaudio Sound system sounds really good on certain videos like this for example:

http://www.geforce.com/games-applications/pc-games/battlefield-hardline/videos

If you watch the trailer, you should hear some of the bass and thumping noises.

dimitrios.matanis

• SERGEANT
« Reply #75 on: 04-September-15, 08:38:53 »

What I don't understand is that even without Nahimic installed, the "Enchancements" tab is missing from the speaker options... As well as the Realtek HD Manager of course....

deNijs

• SERGEANT
« Reply #76 on: 06-September-15, 09:13:34 »

deNijs

• SERGEANT
« Reply #77 on: 06-September-15, 09:15:33 »

Any improvements? or is it the same old same old nonsense that we keep getting?

Am I the only one thinking how unprofessional it is that the updates are released via a forum post that you have to specifically look for? 

Besides that

The installation says the audio driver is obsolete while I run the latest audio driver found on the product page.. 
Nahimic is terrible. 

Jesus christ MSI.

siddhantsaini

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #78 on: 06-September-15, 16:36:05 »

MSI GE62-2QF

Getting the error related to the driver being obsolete. I've already tried to uninstalling the old version and re-installing Nahimic. 
Tried, removing Realtek drivers and re-installing first by downloading it from the MSI site and then from the Realtek site. Getting the same results while installing Nahimic 1.2.6
MSI GE62 2QF Apache Pro-082US Microsoft Signature Edition Gaming Laptop

celticgibson

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #79 on: 06-September-15, 16:41:15 »

I think that MSI must be asleep at the wheel. This Nahimic software is bad. I tried to install 1.2.6 and I got the same error. Rubbish support for such an expensive laptop.

Fulaman

• SECOND LIEUTENANT
« Reply #80 on: 06-September-15, 23:34:26 »

Am I the only one thinking how unprofessional it is that the updates are released via a forum post that you have to specifically look for?

Besides that

The installation says the audio driver is obsolete while I run the latest audio driver found on the product page..
Nahimic is terrible.

Jesus christ MSI.
I'm getting that same exact error that my audio driver is obsolete as well.

Fulaman

• SECOND LIEUTENANT
« Reply #81 on: 06-September-15, 23:34:56 »

MSI GE62-2QF

Getting the error related to the driver being obsolete. I've already tried to uninstalling the old version and re-installing Nahimic.
Tried, removing Realtek drivers and re-installing first by downloading it from the MSI site and then from the Realtek site. Getting the same results while installing Nahimic 1.2.6
I'm also getting that exact same error as well.

chc

• MAJOR
« Reply #82 on: 06-September-15, 23:48:04 »

I remembered that when 1.2.2 was released, it has the same error and to fix it you need new audio driver. I found MSI released 1.2.6 for their skylake platform, so maybe you can try to download its latest version.
http://www.msi.com/support/nb/GT72S-6QE-Dominator-Pro-G.html#down-driver

Fulaman

• SECOND LIEUTENANT
« Reply #83 on: 07-September-15, 00:02:37 »

I personally have a GT80 Titan on Broadwell. It's funny how they release their skylake processors like a month after releasing broadwell. Ridiculous!

zizimonzter

• GE72 2QD Owner
  • SERGEANT
« Reply #84 on: 07-September-15, 05:44:20 »

just like chc said please update your audio driver
here's the new one 6.0.1.7576
http://download.msi.com/nb_drivers/ad/7576_PG433_Win10_Win8.1_Win8_Win7_WHQL_6.0.1.7576.zip
I personally have a GT80 Titan on Broadwell. It's funny how they release their skylake processors like a month after releasing broadwell. Ridiculous!

Well, it's not their fault. Intel is the one releasing two generation in short time. By the way Broadwell is Tick and Skylake is Tock.

Fulaman

• SECOND LIEUTENANT
« Reply #85 on: 07-September-15, 11:02:36 »

just like chc said please update your audio driver
here's the new one 6.0.1.7576
http://download.msi.com/nb_drivers/ad/7576_PG433_Win10_Win8.1_Win8_Win7_WHQL_6.0.1.7576.zip
Well, it's not their fault. Intel is the one releasing two generation in short time. By the way Broadwell is Tick and Skylake is Tock.
One has DDR4 and the other has DDR3. How much of a significant difference that makes I'll have to research it.

Fulaman

• SECOND LIEUTENANT
« Reply #86 on: 07-September-15, 11:08:55 »

I'm unable to download that driver, nothing comes up for 6.0.1.7576

siddhantsaini

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #87 on: 07-September-15, 16:21:49 »

Realtek HD Audio 6.0.1.7576 from http://download.msi.com/nb_drivers/ad/7576_PG433_Win10_Win8.1_Win8_Win7_WHQL_6.0.1.7576.zip helped in installing Nahimic 1.2.6 http://download.msi.com/uti_exe/nb/NahimicMSI_Setup_1.2.6_1.2.6.zip

Steps followed: 
1. Uninstall Nahimic.
2. Install Realtek HD Audio Drives. 
3. Reboot
4. Install Nahimic. 

Thank you CHC! :)

Fulaman

• SECOND LIEUTENANT
« Reply #88 on: 07-September-15, 17:29:52 »

Realtek HD Audio 6.0.1.7576 from http://download.msi.com/nb_drivers/ad/7576_PG433_Win10_Win8.1_Win8_Win7_WHQL_6.0.1.7576.zip helped in installing Nahimic 1.2.6 http://download.msi.com/uti_exe/nb/NahimicMSI_Setup_1.2.6_1.2.6.zip .

Steps followed:
1. Uninstall Nahimic.
3. Reboot
4. Install Nahimic.

Do you notice a sound quality difference with Nahimic?

Fulaman

• SECOND LIEUTENANT
« Reply #89 on: 07-September-15, 17:38:13 »

Realtek HD Audio 6.0.1.7576 from http://download.msi.com/nb_drivers/ad/7576_PG433_Win10_Win8.1_Win8_Win7_WHQL_6.0.1.7576.zip helped in installing Nahimic 1.2.6 http://download.msi.com/uti_exe/nb/NahimicMSI_Setup_1.2.6_1.2.6.zip .

Steps followed:
1. Uninstall Nahimic.
3. Reboot
4. Install Nahimic.

That sound realtek driver from http://download.msi.com/nb_drivers/ad/7576_PG433_Win10_Win8.1_Win8_Win7_WHQL_6.0.1.7576.zip still isn't working. It's as if the file is empty. Am I the only one this is happening for?

IceDreamer

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #90 on: 07-September-15, 19:47:26 »

So this silly thing has messed my system around long enough, and I've had enough of the crap. Can anyone point to/upload a pre-10v BIOS so I can roll back, please? Since MSI don't have a page with an update history...

siddhantsaini

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #91 on: 07-September-15, 20:26:28 »

Do you notice a sound quality difference with Nahimic?

Fulaman,
I was able to download it as soon as I clicked it and the installation completed without any issues. You might want to work with a different browser to download it. 
Yes, I have noticed a difference in the audio quality. It has improved.

Fulaman

• SECOND LIEUTENANT
« Reply #92 on: 09-September-15, 00:19:05 »

Fulaman,
I was able to download it as soon as I clicked it and the installation completed without any issues. You might want to work with a different browser to download it.
Yes, I have noticed a difference in the audio quality. It has improved.
I don't know what's up with Windows for me but it must be a Firewall related issue. I was able to install it on a Virtual Machine on the same physical machine.

Talentless

• SECOND LIEUTENANT
« Reply #93 on: 09-September-15, 06:54:36 »

updated to Windows 10, uninstalled Windows 8 Nahimic software, installed Windows 10 Realtek drivers.  Tested Windows 10 Nahimic - worked fine, but the sound quality is much better without Nahimic.  Same goes for Razer Surround... sound is just more pure without either program.
MSI GT73VR 6RF Titan Pro 201 | Intel Skylake-H i7-6820HK CPU 2.7GHz | Nvidia GTX 1080 8GB VRAM with G-Sync GPU | 120hz IPS Panel | 64GB DDR4-2400 RAM | Super RAID 4 1TB SSD (PCIE Gen3 x4) NVMe [512GB *2] + 1TB (SATA) 7200RPM | 3k mb/s read/write | 6352 Time Spy, 14656 Fire Strike 1.1.

deNijs

• SERGEANT
« Reply #94 on: 11-September-15, 02:57:04 »

Going to install it now and see if the new nahimic improved anything or yet again will make the quality of the sound worse... 
I'll keep you guys updated

deNijs

• SERGEANT
« Reply #95 on: 11-September-15, 03:20:07 »

Just did the driver update and installed nahimic again, seems better than the older version (1.2.3 i used last), but make sure to turn reverb off else you have audio stutter... 

(Only tested with music at the moment, will test with movies and gaming in a second)

dimitrios.matanis

• SERGEANT
« Reply #96 on: 11-September-15, 03:22:43 »

Just did the driver update and installed nahimic again, seems better than the older version (1.2.3 i used last), but make sure to turn reverb off else you have audio stutter...

(Only tested with music at the moment, will test with movies and gaming in a second)

Hello.

Just a few questions. Which driver did you install? Do you have a realtek hd audio manager icon in your tray?

deNijs

• SERGEANT
« Reply #97 on: 11-September-15, 05:09:40 »

Hello.

Just a few questions. Which driver did you install? Do you have a realtek hd audio manager icon in your tray?

This one (check the posts above: https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=258601.msg1493723#msg1493723)

Sadly Nahimic yet again causes trouble. When gaming it makes all the audio unbearable, stutter and causes video playback lag, lag in games.
Had to uninstall it before it would stop :censored: my system.. Disabling it with the ''On/Off" - button, did not work. 

Talentless

• SECOND LIEUTENANT
« Reply #98 on: 11-September-15, 05:37:40 »

This one (check the posts above: https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=258601.msg1493723#msg1493723)

Sadly Nahimic yet again causes trouble. When gaming it makes all the audio unbearable, stutter and causes video playback lag, lag in games.
Had to uninstall it before it would stop :censored: my system.. Disabling it with the ''On/Off" - button, did not work.
Better off without it :)
MSI GT73VR 6RF Titan Pro 201 | Intel Skylake-H i7-6820HK CPU 2.7GHz | Nvidia GTX 1080 8GB VRAM with G-Sync GPU | 120hz IPS Panel | 64GB DDR4-2400 RAM | Super RAID 4 1TB SSD (PCIE Gen3 x4) NVMe [512GB *2] + 1TB (SATA) 7200RPM | 3k mb/s read/write | 6352 Time Spy, 14656 Fire Strike 1.1.

deNijs

• SERGEANT
« Reply #99 on: 11-September-15, 09:11:23 »

Better off without it :)

Exactly. But its a shame, really wished the features they say my laptop has would be included... 
I mean, Nahimic has a nice idea behind it, it's a shame it doesn't work.

I do wonder what causes these issues..
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up