Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Nahimic latest driver update  (Read 127015 times)

Fulaman

• SECOND LIEUTENANT
Re: Nahimic latest driver update
« Reply #100 on: 12-September-15, 02:01:58 »

I hate to say this, but Nahimic has been working pretty well for me (1.2.6) I can actually hear the boom from the subwoofer now. Before, I couldn't even tell if it was on. I'm not noticing any lag atm either.

Fulaman

• SECOND LIEUTENANT
« Reply #101 on: 13-September-15, 17:40:22 »

One thing I'm not fond of in regards to Nahimic is the fact that you have to start it up every single time you boot up your computer for the amplified sound to kick in. Why is that? Poor design implementation?

chc

• MAJOR
« Reply #102 on: 16-September-15, 04:21:47 »

Mind let us know what games you have been running that having stutter issue? I haven't mine to Win10 and so far so this might be crucial info to me

deNijs

• SERGEANT
« Reply #103 on: 16-September-15, 13:11:21 »

Mind let us know what games you have been running that having stutter issue? I haven't mine to Win10 and so far so this might be crucial info to me

I recently contacted Nahimic via Facebook, Since MSI doesn't do the trick , and Nahimic doesn't have any [working] contact email or such.
They are helping me and I've also referenced to this thread so see what issues people are having at the moment. 

They've told me they do not really know what this could be.

It's like a horrid static noise (You know what I mean?), a cracking sound that's taking over at any given moment, which makes it impossible to listen to any audio.
I've tried several thing but all without success, sadly.

Anything from fresh installs to other drivers that are not recommended.

it is not a hardware issue however, since without Nahimic on my system it seems to function just fine (audio).

It's real sad, because I really see what Nahimic could give me when it DOES work, and I'd love to experience that.
It's a shame.

siddhantsaini

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #104 on: 16-September-15, 13:17:17 »

I recently contacted Nahimic via Facebook, Since MSI doesn't do the trick , and Nahimic doesn't have any [working] contact email or such.
They are helping me and I've also referenced to this thread so see what issues people are having at the moment.

They've told me they do not really know what this could be.

It's like a horrid static noise (You know what I mean?), a cracking sound that's taking over at any given moment, which makes it impossible to listen to any audio.
I've tried several thing but all without success, sadly.

Anything from fresh installs to other drivers that are not recommended.

it is not a hardware issue however, since without Nahimic on my system it seems to function just fine (audio).

It's real sad, because I really see what Nahimic could give me when it DOES work, and I'd love to experience that.
It's a shame.
The audio part of my MSI is not keeping me happy either. Previously, on updating Nahimic I assumed that all the issues were fixed but recently, when I was playing some videos on high sound I could hear some cracking sound as well. This is again happening from the left speaker only. I did not hear the same on playing the same video on other laptops. 

Do let us know if you get an update from Nahimic.
MSI GE62 2QF Apache Pro-082US Microsoft Signature Edition Gaming Laptop

Fulaman

• SECOND LIEUTENANT
« Reply #105 on: 16-September-15, 13:30:32 »

1.2.6 definitely helps sound quality. 

The speakers are louder (and fuller) and you can hear the subwoofer quite well.

The best way to contact Nahimic guys is via YouTube. Post in one of their videos addressing your concern(s). Hope this helps!

deNijs

• SERGEANT
« Reply #106 on: 17-September-15, 06:09:13 »

1.2.6 definitely helps sound quality.

The speakers are louder (and fuller) and you can hear the subwoofer quite well.

The best way to contact Nahimic guys is via YouTube. Post in one of their videos addressing your concern(s). Hope this helps!

I did notice that the sound quality had become better, but I still get the audio noise.
1.2.6 is a big improvement, but sadly the noise still occurs.

Glad to hear it's fixed for others tho!

deNijs

• SERGEANT
« Reply #107 on: 17-September-15, 06:11:20 »

The audio part of my MSI is not keeping me happy either. Previously, on updating Nahimic I assumed that all the issues were fixed but recently, when I was playing some videos on high sound I could hear some cracking sound as well. This is again happening from the left speaker only. I did not hear the same on playing the same video on other laptops.

Do let us know if you get an update from Nahimic.
Glad to hear that I'm not the only one with this problem.

They have forwarded the issue to their own Q&A and I will soon get updated. 
I hope this gets fixed, because Nahimic 1.2.6 sounds pretty awesome when the cracking is not too much, when there's no cracking it must be great!

deNijs

• SERGEANT
« Reply #108 on: 17-September-15, 06:27:25 »

I just acquired a not yet released Realtek driver (76xx) and I'll be testing with this to see if it has any improvements.
If so, I will release it on this forum

I'll get back in half an hour and keep you guys updated.

deNijs

• SERGEANT
« Reply #109 on: 17-September-15, 08:51:45 »

Took a bit longer cause I really wanted to try everything.

Sadly, with even the latest of the latest drivers, the problem still occurs.
I have no idea what it is, and I'm extremly sad that I just had to uninstall it again.

I really, really hope for a solution coming from Nahimic within the next release.

zizimonzter

• GE72 2QD Owner
  • SERGEANT
« Reply #110 on: 19-September-15, 08:23:47 »

Yet another new version (1.2.7)
Code: [Select]
http://download.msi.com/uti_exe/nb/NahimicMSI_Setup_1.2.7_1.2.7.zip

dimitrios.matanis

• SERGEANT
« Reply #111 on: 19-September-15, 08:47:45 »

Any way we can see a change log or something regarding what's changed on the new versions?

Fulaman

• SECOND LIEUTENANT
« Reply #112 on: 19-September-15, 10:56:49 »

They need to improve how we obtain Nahimic drivers. Make annoucnements or something. This site doesn't do that. It just seems so disorganized. Most people don't know that Nahimic 1.2.7 is even out.

huijbers

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #113 on: 20-September-15, 08:04:25 »

Yet another new version (1.2.7)
Code: [Select]
http://download.msi.com/uti_exe/nb/NahimicMSI_Setup_1.2.7_1.2.7.zip
how does the sound compare to sbc2 (if there were no cracking)?

dzenisevich.aliaksei

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #114 on: 23-September-15, 14:48:45 »

Hi there,

GE62 2QF Apache Pro here.

Despite Nahimic team does improvements (unknown though) to thier app, yet is completely unstable on Windows 10.

I've performed tests on Clean Windows 10 and Clean Windows 7.

What i had:
- Clean System Environment (Both Win7 and Win10 VHDs)
- Up-to-date BIOS/EC Firmware
- MSI provided Realtek Driver:  7576
- OEM Realtek Driver: 7614 (latest available at 24.09.2015)
- Nahimic 1.2.7

Results:

Windows 7:
- Nahimic is stable, menus and system works as expected.
- Sound quality... well, its a matter of taste, i personally don't like it no matter how i tried to play with predefined settings.
   My ears feel uncomfortable no matter if  internal speakers or high-quality earphones.

Windows 10:
Windows 10 refuses to work with Nahimic.
Changing predefined presets doesnt change a thing. Sound is always the same.
When system started, open Nahimic Menu, then in tray press right button on "Speakers" and select "Playback Devices".
In my clean environment i get this picture:

h t t p ://i60.tinypic.com/2j4apuq.png (forum wont allow me posting or uploading pics)

Thats it.

On both Windows, Nahimic software crash Media Classic Player, often Youtube. Even games can start w/o sound.

You can of course install Realtek Driver only, but total absence of Sound Control via UI is not really comfortable.

For some reason, Realtek did changes in their driver (specifically sys) so you cannot have standard UI without disassembling the kernel code.

Therefore, there are couple of options left:

1. Downgrade OS (Which isnt solving the issue with Sound Quality (Why, Nahimic, why you artificially making sound worse when you turn off your "Enhancers"??)) to gain some stability.
2. Keep Realtek Driver only but get at least somewhat "real" sound and no control UI.
3. Fallback to Realtek R2.75 - the last driver that had standard Realtek UI and normal sound w/o "enhancements".  
   MPC and everything is stable as well.
   However, you will pay with Microphone having constant cracking sounds and general low quality of Mic array.
4. Cry to MSI and Nahimic and maybe they 'll do the job right. So far - no good, sorry.
5. Extreme: buy an external Audiocard of some sort, Remember Nahimic brand and keep away of laptops/PC/mobiles/TVs with that technology.

Such weird issues is NOT what you expect for 2000$ laptop.

Yet, looking forward for bugfixing and "normalization" of sound map.

david

• COLONEL
  • Software dev & media creation w/ gaming gear.
« Reply #115 on: 23-September-15, 17:25:40 »

Hi dzenisevich.aliaksei,

Excellent and thoughtful post! The only thing missing was a Win 8.1 comparison (which most users will be using if they haven't jumped prematurely to Win 10).

Audio is near and dear to me. My passion for good sound led me into the audio industry in 1979 and I've worked professionally in it for most years since both as a systems engineer, designer, operator and educator. But I avoid some discussions about sound because there is so much ignorance. It would take many hours to educate folks about some of the basics and there's way too many folks who "think" they know the subject who really don't.

On the surface, audio doesn't seem that difficult to comprehend. Musicians often begin with good hearing and an excellent sense of tone and pitch. They can intuit some of it. But when you really get down to the "science" of sound, it is amazingly complex. Just to work with the mathematics of audio requires the use of complex numbers (both the "real" and the "imaginary" components) and mathematical transforms that would normally be very advanced subjects in calculus.

For decades we (mankind) thought of sound in a two-dimensional way as a simple wave (picture waves of water crashing on a beach). Then we discovered that this is incomplete. Sound is actually more like a spring. Take a spring and stretch it so its coils have a little distance between them and view the spring from the side and you'll see the "waves" which actually describe only the amplitude of the audio waveform. Look at the spring from an angle and you see that it is really a coil that rotates from one end to the other. The truth (as best we understand it today) is that sound is a rotating energy vector whose amplitude (energy or loudness) is the diameter of the coils and whose phase is the angle of the energy vector as it rotates through space-time along the coil.

By now, most readers eyes are probably beginning to glass over. That's why companies like Nahimic produce such crappy sound---they don't understand what makes "good" sound so they unwittingly create audio problems as they attempt to massage the sound for gamers. Their fame apparently came from manipulating the amplitude, phase and arrival time of sound to help pilots in military aircraft interact efficiently with the controls and communications systems of their aircraft. Somehow they got the idea that this "know how" could be applied to gaming sound effects. I doubt the same Nahimic engineers who worked on the military systems also worked on the consumer stuff. But if they did, they have a gigantic gaping hole in their understanding of good sound for playback of surround soundtracks designed to match virtually-created visual environments. The movie industry would have been a much better place to look for this kind of expertise and Skywalker Sound, the audio division of Lucasfilm would be top of my list.

From an engineering perspective, a sound system requires high-level expertise in so many different disciplines that it is breath-taking. To engineer a high-quality sound system requires expertise in analog circuitry (especially signal gain, distortion and noise control), high-level expertise in digital circuitry (especially the principles of the Fourier Transform, filter design and the phase / time-domain problems they can generate in audio signals), and the interdisciplinary fields of electro-mechanics (speaker transducers require both high-level expertise in mechanical engineering plus electrical engineering). Some of the best sound engineers started out as physicists.

Unfortunately, the audio industry is actually fairly small in terms of size and money. The "experts" are fewer in number than you would expect and the audio industry lacks the career path and income potential of other engineering disciplines. This forces the "consumer" to hunt carefully for that expertise because there is a lot of misinformation and blatant chicanery.

So, what does a company like MSI do? (I seriously doubt that there are any true audio experts among their wonderful computer system engineers.) They partner with reputable experts in the field. But the problem here is that the person doing the hiring (in this case, MSI) lacks the ability to judge who the true "experts" are. They are too easily deceived by the snake oil salesmen. MSI chose well when it selected Realtek. And they chose well when they selected Dynaudio. They blew it when they selected Creative Labs and Nahimic. In place of them, they should have chosen Dolby Labs (the inventors of Dolby surround sound, including Dolby Digital).

Good sound is a chain with many links and any one bad link can ruin the sound no matter how great the rest of the links are. You can hire the greatest audio engineer in the world but allow your manufacturer to cut corners or make changes that ruin the engineer's excellent design. You can hire an idiot to "tune" the sound system and ruin it. You can hire a bunch of idiots to write software to control it and ruin the sound. It doesn't matter how great the speaker drivers are, how superb the amplifiers are, they can be made to sound bad if just one link in the audio chain is bad. And the biggest propagators of bad links are marketing folks who know nothing about a lot of stuff except how to convince you to buy something you don't need.

The last point I'd like to make is that "truth" is not always popular. This is true in almost every area of life. In other words, the majority is not always "right" or "best". There are lots of large, powerful companies who have risen to places of dominance in the computer sound industry who prove this very well. Just because you see that company X is popular and used in the majority of computers does NOT mean they really know their field well. With regard to computer sound, the most popular companies are a mishmash of good and bad. The biggest of these companies has the ability to turn out decent audio hardware but consistently turns out some of the worst audio drivers and software in the industry.

It would be nice if MSI sorted this stuff out and started providing the best sound on the planet in its gaming notebooks. Considering all the problems in this niche of the computer industry, this is actually an attainable goal. But what do you think the chances of them doing that are? Until then, my favorite way to listen to computer sound is to get it outside of the computer (usually via S/PDIF) as quickly as possible and deal with it using a good-quality external sound system made by any of many companies that do this sort of thing well.

Kind regards, David

P.S. I realize that I my post may raise more questions than it answers. All I'm trying to do is create an awareness that good sound takes great care and is rare so cherish it when you find it. Please don't ask me to explain a lot of stuff---I've already been asked to curtail my time here and providing an audio education is beyond the scope of my participation. I've received private messages from some MSI forum members asking for help with their specific situation and these messages are deleted as soon as they are received---I regret that I cannot serve as anyone's personal sound guru (except my wife). The best I can offer is to occasionally respond when something looks interesting.
GT80 2QE Titan SLI-001 • i7-4720HQ • 32 GB DRAM • 2 x GTX 980M in SLI • 16 GB VRAM (8 GB/GPU) • 2 x 512 GB Micron M600 M.2 SSDs in mirrored Recovery array • 2 x 128 Toshiba M.2 SSDs in mirrored RAID-1 • 2 TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD • MiniPro RAID V2 external case w/ 2 x 2 TB Seagate ST2000LM003 HD in RAID-1 for local backup • 40" Philips 4K UHD BDM4065UC monitor • Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum RGB external keyboard • Logitech G903 Lightspeed wireless mouse w/ Powerplay charging mousepad • Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit • Adobe Master Collection CS6

Fulaman

• SECOND LIEUTENANT
« Reply #116 on: 23-September-15, 22:01:39 »

Hi dzenisevich.aliaksei,

Excellent and thoughtful post! The only thing missing was a Win 8.1 comparison (which most users will be using if they haven't jumped prematurely to Win 10).

Audio is near and dear to me. My passion for good sound led me into the audio industry in 1979 and I've worked professionally in it for most years since both as a systems engineer, designer, operator and educator. But I avoid some discussions about sound because there is so much ignorance. It would take many hours to educate folks about some of the basics and there's way too many folks who "think" they know the subject who really don't.

On the surface, audio doesn't seem that difficult to comprehend. Musicians often begin with good hearing and an excellent sense of tone and pitch. They can intuit some of it. But when you really get down to the "science" of sound, it is amazingly complex. Just to work with the mathematics of audio requires the use of complex numbers (both the "real" and the "imaginary" components) and mathematical transforms that would normally be very advanced subjects in calculus.

For decades we (mankind) thought of sound in a two-dimensional way as a simple wave (picture waves of water crashing on a beach). Then we discovered that this is incomplete. Sound is actually more like a spring. Take a spring and stretch it so its coils have a little distance between them and view the spring from the side and you'll see the "waves" which actually describe only the amplitude of the audio waveform. Look at the spring from an angle and you see that it is really a coil that rotates from one end to the other. The truth (as best we understand it today) is that sound is a rotating energy vector whose amplitude (energy or loudness) is the diameter of the coils and whose phase is the angle of the energy vector as it rotates through space-time along the coil.

By now, most readers eyes are probably beginning to glass over. That's why companies like Nahimic produce such crappy sound---they don't understand what makes "good" sound so they unwittingly create audio problems as they attempt to massage the sound for gamers. Their fame apparently came from manipulating the amplitude, phase and arrival time of sound to help pilots in military aircraft interact efficiently with the controls and communications systems of their aircraft. Somehow they got the idea that this "know how" could be applied to gaming sound effects. I doubt the same Nahimic engineers who worked on the military systems also worked on the consumer stuff. But if they did, they have a gigantic gaping hole in their understanding of good sound for playback of surround soundtracks designed to match virtually-created visual environments. The movie industry would have been a much better place to look for this kind of expertise and Skywalker Sound, the audio division of Lucasfilm would be top of my list.

From an engineering perspective, a sound system requires high-level expertise in so many different disciplines that it is breath-taking. To engineer a high-quality sound system requires expertise in analog circuitry (especially signal gain, distortion and noise control), high-level expertise in digital circuitry (especially the principles of the Fourier Transform, filter design and the phase / time-domain problems they can generate in audio signals), and the interdisciplinary fields of electro-mechanics (speaker transducers require both high-level expertise in mechanical engineering plus electrical engineering). Some of the best sound engineers started out as physicists.

Unfortunately, the audio industry is actually fairly small in terms of size and money. The "experts" are fewer in number than you would expect and the audio industry lacks the career path and income potential of other engineering disciplines. This forces the "consumer" to hunt carefully for that expertise because there is a lot of misinformation and blatant chicanery.

So, what does a company like MSI do? (I seriously doubt that there are any true audio experts among their wonderful computer system engineers.) They partner with reputable experts in the field. But the problem here is that the person doing the hiring (in this case, MSI) lacks the ability to judge who the true "experts" are. They are too easily deceived by the snake oil salesmen. MSI chose well when it selected Realtek. And they chose well when they selected Dynaudio. They blew it when they selected Creative Labs and Nahimic. In place of them, they should have chosen Dolby Labs (the inventors of Dolby surround sound, including Dolby Digital).

Good sound is a chain with many links and any one bad link can ruin the sound no matter how great the rest of the links are. You can hire the greatest audio engineer in the world but allow your manufacturer to cut corners or make changes that ruin the engineer's excellent design. You can hire an idiot to "tune" the sound system and ruin it. You can hire a bunch of idiots to write software to control it and ruin the sound. It doesn't matter how great the speaker drivers are, how superb the amplifiers are, they can be made to sound bad if just one link in the audio chain is bad. And the biggest propagators of bad links are marketing folks who know nothing about a lot of stuff except how to convince you to buy something you don't need.

The last point I'd like to make is that "truth" is not always popular. This is true in almost every area of life. In other words, the majority is not always "right" or "best". There are lots of large, powerful companies who have risen to places of dominance in the computer sound industry who prove this very well. Just because you see that company X is popular and used in the majority of computers does NOT mean they really know their field well. With regard to computer sound, the most popular companies are a mishmash of good and bad. The biggest of these companies has the ability to turn out decent audio hardware but consistently turns out some of the worst audio drivers and software in the industry.

It would be nice if MSI sorted this stuff out and started providing the best sound on the planet in its gaming notebooks. Considering all the problems in this niche of the computer industry, this is actually an attainable goal. But what do you think the chances of them doing that are? Until then, my favorite way to listen to computer sound is to get it outside of the computer (usually via S/PDIF) as quickly as possible and deal with it using a good-quality external sound system made by any of many companies that do this sort of thing well.

Kind regards, David

P.S. I realize that I my post may raise more questions than it answers. All I'm trying to do is create an awareness that good sound takes great care and is rare so cherish it when you find it. Please don't ask me to explain a lot of stuff---I've already been asked to curtail my time here and providing an audio education is beyond the scope of my participation. I've received private messages from some MSI forum members asking for help with their specific situation and these messages are deleted as soon as they are received---I regret that I cannot serve as anyone's personal sound guru (except my wife). The best I can offer is to occasionally respond when something looks interesting.
Hello David, I know that you are an audiophile, but the difference in sound quality and sound pressure level are like night and day with Nahimic in Windows 10 (it works for me on the GT80 Titan on Windows 10). After the update to 1.2.6/1.2.7, I can definitely hear the subwoofer in action in games, in movies, and just in general everything sounds so much clearer and vibrant and no longer "Tinny". It sounds like a real Dynaudio sound system. 

The only issue I have in regards to Nahimic is that in order to experience the sound quality you have to open up the Nahimic application prior to opening up any other application for amplified and improved sound. If you don't, Nahimic won't work. Nahimic must be opened every time for it to work. You can't close the application once you have modified the settings because the application won't work once it's closed. 

I hope this helps. Please let me know if anything else is needed.

deNijs

• SERGEANT
« Reply #117 on: 24-September-15, 03:30:14 »

Hello everyone!

I seem to have lots of troubles with Nahimic, but I'm glad to say I'm getting some great support from Nahimic, via their facebook page.
They have tried to help me in anyway possible right now.. 

Here's an update on my issues and I have some latest [stable but not officially released] drivers for you guys. 

Nahimic has been working for me, but I have been having trouble with the audio when Nahimic is installed. 
The reason behind this is unknown, but it's like static noise when Nahimic is installed on my system. 
(No, it does not have to do with the Microphone, believe me.. I've checked).

Recently I've been finding the latest of the latest realtek drivers that are not officially released yet, I've been receiving this via a good friend of mine who
has contacts within Realtek, to make sure that my drivers are optimal. 

I do not experience any problems without Nahimic whatsoever, it is not the "Realtek Popping sound" issue, so it is definitely a Nahimic issue.

But now problems have became even stranger, 
I've uninstalled Nahimic and re-installed it several times, and trying to install Nahimic again it gives me an error that I have to reboot the system in order to "rollback the software", the support (Q&A of Nahimic) has been updated but not yet has answered. 

So I decided to take things into my own hands for now.
I'm glad to say I've successful have received unlocked drivers which allow me to change the following settings : 

Not only for my internal speakers, but also for my headphones, Digital audio (S/PDIF). 

Here by I'm sharing the latest driver via my own Google Drive, please do not download 100 times from it as it may exceed limits.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8yRO9baSoEKc1IyQ3R6UEpjaWs/view?usp=sharing 

The driver version is 7.0.1.7622 .

How I received to unlock these settings?
After you've installed the 7.0.1.7622 driver from Realtek, go to your driver via Volume icon in your task bar > playback devices > select "Speakers" > Properties > General tab (auto selected) > Controller information > Propeties > here you see a new Window popping up, over here click "Change settings" (UAC icon next to it), .. Now here's where it went funny.

From the start when I've installed Windows 10 on my laptop, I've had realtek drivers intalled, but installing this 7.0.1.7622 driver, I've clicked "Rollback" and it got back on Microsoft drivers, which allowed me to do these changes.
I swear, I did not have these installed before, so the rollback is not because I've had these installed before, Honestly.

Someone told me it might be a "Back up driver" that came with the Realtek package, for if the audio driver fails.

I hope you guys can use this and I hope to have helped in any way possible.

If you guys wish I can keep updating the Google drive link to the newest drivers as soon as they come available for me, (Only stable releases, no beta/alpha builds).

Kindest regards.
Siem

deNijs

• SERGEANT
« Reply #118 on: 24-September-15, 03:33:39 »

Hello David, I know that you are an audiophile, but the difference in sound quality and sound pressure level are like night and day with Nahimic in Windows 10 (it works for me on the GT80 Titan on Windows 10). After the update to 1.2.6/1.2.7, I can definitely hear the subwoofer in action in games, in movies, and just in general everything sounds so much clearer and vibrant and no longer "Tinny". It sounds like a real Dynaudio sound system.

The only issue I have in regards to Nahimic is that in order to experience the sound quality you have to open up the Nahimic application prior to opening up any other application for amplified and improved sound. If you don't, Nahimic won't work. Nahimic must be opened every time for it to work. You can't close the application once you have modified the settings because the application won't work once it's closed.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if anything else is needed.

Hello Fulaman, 

Could you please check your audio driver versions for us and report back?
If it would work like this for everyone, I'd be happy enough to install Nahimic on my system.

Kindest regards

msiTechNBTopic starter

• Notebook Moderator
« Reply #119 on: 24-September-15, 19:13:42 »

Dear MSI fans,

We have release Nahimic version 1.2.7 as well as Realtek Audio driver version 6.0.1.7592. Please visit our website or download it from link below. Kindly be noticed that you need to remove former Nahimic/Audio drive before installing the latest version.

http://download.msi.com/uti_exe/nb/Nahimic_1.2.7%20and%20audio_6.0.1.7592.zip

Fulaman

• SECOND LIEUTENANT
« Reply #120 on: 24-September-15, 20:09:17 »

Hello Fulaman,

Could you please check your audio driver versions for us and report back?
If it would work like this for everyone, I'd be happy enough to install Nahimic on my system.

Kindest regards
Sure, with pleasure, the audio driver version is as follows:

Also:

Let me know if you need anything else thanks!

Fulaman

• SECOND LIEUTENANT
« Reply #121 on: 24-September-15, 20:10:35 »

Dear MSI fans,

We have release Nahimic version 1.2.7 as well as Realtek Audio driver version 6.0.1.7592. Please visit our website or download it from link below. Kindly be noticed that you need to remove former Nahimic/Audio drive before installing the latest version.

http://download.msi.com/uti_exe/nb/Nahimic_1.2.7%20and%20audio_6.0.1.7592.zip
Hello, is there anyway to improve the organization of getting and listing drivers? Thanks!

dzenisevich.aliaksei

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #122 on: 25-September-15, 00:02:49 »

Dear MSI fans,

Would you kindly provide changelog as well?

halflife16

• CORPORAL
« Reply #123 on: 25-September-15, 11:33:51 »

Hey guys, so is nahimic finally as  equal or better than sbc2?

Fulaman

• SECOND LIEUTENANT
« Reply #124 on: 25-September-15, 11:35:46 »

I have never heard SBC2 in action before, but from what i can tell you, Nahimic 1.2.6 and 1.2.7 make the sound system sound like a real Dynaudio system. It sounds very good.

deNijs

• SERGEANT
« Reply #125 on: 26-September-15, 02:48:28 »

Sure, with pleasure, the audio driver version is as follows:

[ ERROR: SPECIFIED ATTACHMENT MISSING ]

Also:

[ ERROR: SPECIFIED ATTACHMENT MISSING ]

Let me know if you need anything else thanks!

thank you very much!

deNijs

• SERGEANT
« Reply #126 on: 26-September-15, 02:49:40 »

When working correctly, Nahimic 1.2.7 is really a huge improvement, during music playback, gaming or movies, it is wonderful once it works.

TO ANYONE HAVING AUDIO ISSUES/STUTTER/NOISE/POPPING SOUNDS PLEASE REFER TO MY LATEST THREAD : IT MAY BE A NETWORK DRIVER LATENCY ISSUE
CAUSING YOUR SYSTEM TO MALFUNCTION: https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=261401.0

protossgen

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #127 on: 26-September-15, 08:35:26 »

Any chance the older GE70 Apache Pro 2PE will receive a BIOS update that will support Nahimic??  Right now, with windows 10, my subwoofer does not work at all.  I was able to get Sound Blaster Cinema to install and the latest Realtek drivers, but still only have stereo listed under configure for my speakers.  If there is a workaround to get 2.1 enabled, any advice would be appreciated.

Fulaman

• SECOND LIEUTENANT
« Reply #128 on: 26-September-15, 09:44:25 »

Any chance the older GE70 Apache Pro 2PE will receive a BIOS update that will support Nahimic??  Right now, with windows 10, my subwoofer does not work at all.  I was able to get Sound Blaster Cinema to install and the latest Realtek drivers, but still only have stereo listed under configure for my speakers.  If there is a workaround to get 2.1 enabled, any advice would be appreciated.

It is meant to always show stereo because despite it being classified as a 4.1 or 2.1 system, the subwoofer doesn't operate on its own channel. You just have to amplify the base virtually via Nahimic or SBC2, and turn the Bass up all the way to maximum. All the lower frequencies will be automatically picked up on the subwoofer.

protossgen

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #129 on: 26-September-15, 16:19:58 »

Fulaman, thank you for the information.  I tried SBC2 once before, and it would not install.  Is SBC2 supposed to work with my machine?  I can only seem to get regular Sound Blaster Cinema to work.

deNijs

• SERGEANT
« Reply #130 on: 27-September-15, 09:25:30 »

To anyone experiencing sound problems such as :
Static noise, sound popping, cracking or anything a like

There is a problem with your Network Card (Wifi) most likely
please check my thread
https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=261401.0

Fulaman

• SECOND LIEUTENANT
« Reply #131 on: 27-September-15, 21:46:13 »

Fulaman, thank you for the information.  I tried SBC2 once before, and it would not install.  Is SBC2 supposed to work with my machine?  I can only seem to get regular Sound Blaster Cinema to work.
Do you have a Broadwell or Haswell machine? On 5th Gen machines, SBC2 will most likely not work.

galloween44

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #132 on: 28-September-15, 02:48:32 »

:D

jsecondi

• CORPORAL
« Reply #133 on: 01-October-15, 05:11:09 »

There's a new BiOS (10H) for the GS60 2QE out today... Any changes in audio functionality this time? I was miffed last time when a BIOS update broke the audio system with 10F (ending SB Cinema compatibility with no warning or explanation.)

protossgen

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #134 on: 01-October-15, 17:54:55 »

Do you have a Broadwell or Haswell machine? On 5th Gen machines, SBC2 will most likely not work.

I have a 4th gen I7.  I don't even know where to download a working version of SBC2.

chc

• MAJOR
« Reply #135 on: 02-October-15, 00:25:38 »

I have a 4th gen I7.  I don't even know where to download a working version of SBC2.
If you had updated BIOS then probably you cant use SBC. If not, then follow this FAQ and check page 3.

http://www.msi.com/pic/faq/10016371@2015-0826-0529-363383@faq_0000000001796_en.pdf

msiTechNBTopic starter

• Notebook Moderator
« Reply #136 on: 02-October-15, 03:06:49 »

A topic has been created for teaching everyone how to Identify whether their notebooks are compatible with Nahimic or not.

Please check the topic link below:
https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=261600.msg1499264#msg1499264
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up