Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.

Poll

What do you think of NAHIMIC?

It's totally RUBBISH! GIVE US BACK CREATIVE SOUND BLASTER CINEMA 2 or something better
- 22 (84.6%)
It's totally RUBBISH! I rather have REALTEK HD Audio Manager Control Panel and tweak it myself
- 2 (7.7%)
It's good and i like it
- 2 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: POLL ON NAHIMIC. Please vote and MSI LISTEN!  (Read 4151 times)

alexkiu83Topic starter

• SERGEANT

Hi all, this topic needs no introduction. the title says it all. I'm starting this poll so everyone can vote and show MSI what we really want.

ProblemSSS with NAHIMIC
1. INFERIOR and RUBBISH sound quality. Sound is TINY and muffled, over processed and compressed
2. Games and Apps DON'T WORK with NAHIMIC, even v1.2.3. For example, MPC-HC cannot play files and dont respond when nahimic is running, games crashing, etc etc
3. REALTEK HD Audio Manager control panel is MISSING with newer drivers to support rubbish NAHIMIC
4. Did i mention the sound quality is RUBBISH? guess i did not stress the point enough. it's degrading MSI branding. All the advertising messages MSI tried to convey about their superior sound quality is pointless with nahimic. Just rubbish. PERIOD.

MSI YOU HAVE GOT TO LISTEN TO USERS OR RISK LOOSING MARKET SHARE!

rhyansy

• SERGEANT

Which MSI laptop are you using for Nahimic experience? It's a software enhancing only, so if you dont like it, just revert to the normal one eh? Why all the hate?

alexkiu83Topic starter

• SERGEANT

I dont agree. it's not enhancing. It's degrading and this issue is persistent since the launch of nahimic. even after countless complains, MSI is still complacent with no progress to rectify their huge mistake.

It is not about hate, it is about what we paid for in the first place. MSI sold us Creative sound blaster cinema 2 with a working REALTEK HD AUDIO manager app, now they decided they can just remove creative, remove realtek hd audio manager control panel, and to make matters worse, replaced them with a really rubbish nahimic app. Windows 10 is out and updated drivers are required, so how do you expect users to just "revert back" to old drivers? this is NOT the way forward. Even if you decided not to use nahimic, MSI has removed support for Realtek HD audio manager control panel which basically leaves us with no choice whatsoever.

this is about getting back what we paid for and getting MSI TO LISTEN TO WHAT USERS WANT

AgentKoval

• SERGEANT
  • GS60 Ghost Pro 4k 2QE (4th gen)
Re: POLL ON NAHIMIC. Please vote and MSI LISTEN!
« Reply #3 on: 11-August-15, 01:56:14 »

Which MSI laptop are you using for Nahimic experience? It's a software enhancing only, so if you dont like it, just revert to the normal one eh? Why all the hate?
It's not as easy as reverting back to the old system. The new BIOS update turned the ability to go back to Sound Blaster impossible.

If you look in the latest nahimic driver thread in gaming notebooks, there are several people who have been trying to address the shortcomings of this software to no avail. Its a bad software and MSI had no business putting it on us in this state.
If I was able to help, please mark my answer as best solution :)

alexkiu83Topic starter

• SERGEANT
« Reply #4 on: 11-August-15, 08:03:29 »

It's not as easy as reverting back to the old system. The new BIOS update turned the ability to go back to Sound Blaster impossible.

If you look in the latest nahimic driver thread in gaming notebooks, there are several people who have been trying to address the shortcomings of this software to no avail. Its a bad software and MSI had no business putting it on us in this state.

Well said.

huijbers

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #5 on: 11-August-15, 10:20:09 »

I saw somewhere a win10 compabtible version of sb cinema 2 was released by msi but I am now on the new uefi bios and I can't seem to downgrade (cinema runs but finds no hardware).

As for the poll I don't care which software will do what I want it to do all I want is it to work be it nahimic or sbc but atm nahimic is so inferior I can't even watch youtube anymore; I just can't hear what's being said!!!!

steelreaperdragon

• SERGEANT
  • Msi !!!
« Reply #6 on: 11-August-15, 13:56:50 »

i select first one

celticgibson

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS

It's a disgrace that they would swap out a perfectly good sound solution for something that is dramatically inferior in every way and without so much as a heads up warning that they were doing this. What makes it worse is that they then decided to write an updated bios that blocks the Soundblaster app even if you manage to get a windows 10 version in the future and they didn't even provide a readme explaining this change. If this is an example of what MSI's support is like, I am regretting this purchase and will avoid them in the future.

alexkiu83Topic starter

• SERGEANT

keep it coming guys. let your voice be heard otherwise MSI will not take this issue seriously

steelreaperdragon

• SERGEANT
  • Msi !!!
« Reply #9 on: 12-August-15, 04:26:39 »

keep it coming guys. let your voice be heard otherwise MSI will not take this issue seriously

MSI not support their customers they just do sell and forget policy !!!!

AgentKoval

• SERGEANT
  • GS60 Ghost Pro 4k 2QE (4th gen)

Guys, it does not help to attack MSI support. It clearly will take a while for things to get worked out and some of it is out of MSI hands when it comes to drivers.

I am as frustrated as anyone asks my pc crashed last night because nahimic and I had to go back to 8.1.

What MSI can do, is allow us to go back to previous BIOS ans put sound blaster in the utility section for those who do not have asnsccess to it anymore.

They can also stop telling customers that it is okay to upgrade to windows 10 when they don't even have certified drivers from Microsoft yet.

MSI in the regard is acting grossly negligent and practicing deceptive marketing tactics. Several other manufacturers have urged their customers to wait while MSI says "full steam ahead, be dames with driver fate errors".

In any case, make sure you back up your stuff before you mess around with drivers for nahimic. As I said. They crashed my windows 10 and had tow factory reset last night. BEWARE!
If I was able to help, please mark my answer as best solution :)

budullis

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #11 on: 12-August-15, 06:15:27 »

The only thing I find good in Nahimic is the reverb, other than that I couldn't say I even hear any enhancements.

alexkiu83Topic starter

• SERGEANT

i agree, attacking does not help, but voting does. so guys, cast your votes and let MSI decide whether they should rectify their mistakes or risk loosing customers forever.

huijbers

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #13 on: 12-August-15, 10:19:43 »

I really hope nahimic atm is just buggy but I just managed to downgrade my bios and back to win8.1, what a difference it makes

steelreaperdragon

• SERGEANT
  • Msi !!!
« Reply #14 on: 12-August-15, 10:28:56 »

sorry guys but i ask a question long time ago when first prewiev released from Windows about drivers.they say we will working etc... i hoped msi will ready for this situation and i am disappointed for this.thats all. i hoped so much my best brand and i am feel betrayed sort of but now i understand software making is hard job but soundblaster cinema not that hard doesnt it?

huijbers

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #15 on: 12-August-15, 10:32:09 »

sorry guys but i ask a question long time ago when first prewiev released from Windows about drivers.they say we will working etc... i hoped msi will ready for this situation and i am disappointed for this.thats all. i hoped so much my best brand and i am feel betrayed sort of but now i understand software making is hard job but soundblaster cinema not that hard doesnt it?
oddly enough the view tech reviews/impressions of nahimic are very good

tokphys

• SECOND LIEUTENANT
« Reply #16 on: 12-August-15, 10:46:44 »

I have GE72 2QF and had Nahimic from the beginning, nothing to compare with. :shocked:

celticgibson

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #17 on: 12-August-15, 10:51:16 »

There is a perfectly good working version of SC2 on the MSI motherboard section and it's for Windows 10. Why won't they let us use that version? I have it installed and it runs but because of the BIOS update, it can't see the audio device.

http://  www.msi.com  /  support / mb /970-GAMING.html#down-utility&Win10 64

So why won't they let us use that?

huijbers

• STAFF SERGEANT

I finally managed to downgrade my bios, had to do a Factory reset, now upgrading to win10, will try to het sbc to work

celticgibson

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #19 on: 12-August-15, 11:14:56 »

How did you manage to downgrade, if you don't mind me asking?

huijbers

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #20 on: 12-August-15, 11:49:50 »

How did you manage to downgrade, if you don't mind me asking?
The same way as upgrading, only the second latest uefi bios refused to flash, the one before that this. SBC2 now is working on win10

celticgibson

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #21 on: 12-August-15, 12:56:00 »

Is there a link to this BIOS? I went to the support site and there is only the new one...

huijbers

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #22 on: 12-August-15, 12:58:06 »

Is there a link to this BIOS? I went to the support site and there is only the new one...
I had a copy of the old one, I hope someone still has one for your laptop

celticgibson

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #23 on: 12-August-15, 13:08:31 »

Can you give me the version number of the file? Oops it's okay. I just realised you may have a different laptop model.

huijbers

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #24 on: 12-August-15, 13:33:26 »

Can you give me the version number of the file? Oops it's okay. I just realised you may have a different laptop model.
I had an old version, maybe you can google if you know the version number of your previous bios, I could find some site which had newer ones than the one I had installed but I am not going to update

alexkiu83Topic starter

• SERGEANT

We need more support on this matter so for those who have not voted, please do so.
Pages: [1]   Go Up