Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to downgrade uefi on gs60 2qe?  (Read 1697 times)

huijbersTopic starter

• STAFF SERGEANT
How to downgrade uefi on gs60 2qe?
« on: 12-August-15, 07:21:07 »

I want to downgrade my bios to a previous version on my laptop (gs60 2qe with 4th gen intel) however when I try to flash the older bios everytime the laptop reboots and just hangs and the flash never commences. I am trying to flash from with the uefi updater from within uefi bios.

AgentKoval

• SERGEANT
  • GS60 Ghost Pro 4k 2QE (4th gen)
Re: How to downgrade uefi on gs60 2qe?
« Reply #1 on: 13-August-15, 07:31:35 »

Hey, I cant remember if you said you managed to downgrade or not.

If you still need the .10D BIOS, let me know. I have a copy.

Here is how you update BIOS:

http://www.msi.com/files/pdf/Flash_BIOS_by_UEFI_BIOS_Setup_Utility_en.pdf

If I helped, please mark as best solution :D
If I was able to help, please mark my answer as best solution :)

huijbersTopic starter

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #2 on: 13-August-15, 07:55:54 »

Hey, I cant remember if you said you managed to downgrade or not.

If you still need the .10D BIOS, let me know. I have a copy.

Here is how you update BIOS:

http://www.msi.com/files/pdf/Flash_BIOS_by_UEFI_BIOS_Setup_Utility_en.pdf

If I helped, please mark as best solution :D
yes i got it to work, i think i had previously somehow downloaded a wrong version, version E16H2IMS.10E though I was pretty sure that was the one installed :s, all other bioses were versioned something like : E16H5IMS.10X

majorboobage

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #3 on: 13-August-15, 09:07:58 »

I have GS70 and copy of my old bios E1773IMS.10D  can i downgrade?  this nahimic **** killing my sound...

Also if it possible where i can find last realtek drivers for Sound Blaster Cinema AP 2 ?

huijbersTopic starter

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #4 on: 13-August-15, 12:45:03 »

I have GS70 and copy of my old bios E1773IMS.10D  can i downgrade?  this nahimic **** killing my sound...

Also if it possible where i can find last realtek drivers for Sound Blaster Cinema AP 2 ?

Since it isn't officially supported there is no way except to try. I had to do a factory reset and reinstall win10 because of bsods (mainly some nag about kernel security but also a driver irq ), I didn't feel too much like troubleshooting too much since my laptop was factory reset recently after I rma'ed it. I suspect nahimic was the cause of those bsods but it was impossible to remove it in save mode. So uninstall nahimic and realtek drivers before you downgrade and be prepared that you might have to do a factory reset. No special drivers were needed, the only thing necessary was to delete SBC2's config file in the program directory

AgentKoval

• SERGEANT
« Reply #5 on: 13-August-15, 13:41:13 »

The link I posted earlier is an explanation of how to downgrade your BIOS. You will need to secure a copy of an older BIOS, you can try and submit a ticket for that. They have not answered my request, I have been waiting about a week, however I found my .10D file in ma backups and managed with that.

you can download the SB software here:

http://www.msi.com/support/mb/970-GAMING.html#down-utility&Win8.1%2032

I also had to do a factory reset due to Nahimic, it was a nightmare trying to get that to work. All I can recommend is doing back ups on top of backups. That is what got me through my issues. Also, become familiar with the F3 command during reboot, you might need to use it.

Don't get too caught up on the factory reset thing though, that happened cuz Nahimic NOT because the downgrade in BIOS. Only use a BIOS file that is for your motherboard, if you screw this up there is no going back as you can brick the system.

Viel Spaß!

AgentKoval

• SERGEANT
« Reply #6 on: 13-August-15, 13:45:20 »

I have GS70 and copy of my old bios E1773IMS.10D  can i downgrade?  this nahimic **** killing my sound...

I am not sure where to get the latest realtek drivers. Are they not the ones installed with SBC2?

I seem to remember SBC2 overwriting my drivers, but maybe I am confused. I have been messing with my drivers too much lately.

davidturcko

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #7 on: 14-August-15, 05:55:40 »

Hi have you BIOS for GS70 2QE 4th generation with nvidia 970M ? When yes can you share old BIOS ?
Pages: [1]   Go Up