Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: MSI Win 7 Smart tool [especially for Z1xx Series]  (Read 301650 times)

kilgque

• PRIVATE E-2
Re: MSI Win 7 Smart tool [especially for Z1xx Series]
« Reply #50 on: 12-July-18, 08:18:44 »

I was trying to load Windows 7 to a new Samsung 970 pro with no luck it even hosed the old install of windows 7 on a different drive how it was doing that idk,but I recovered it and took it out of the system the next try which didn't work.

It seemed windows was loading alright until it had to reboot to finish the set-up,then i got the blue screen,this happened a few times.
My problem was windows needed the driver especially for the 970 pro which I tried using a usb with the exe on it and it would never take it.I installed the Samsung 970 pro nvme driver on the old hard drive and went to the program files folder where it installed to and there was the set up information,copied contents of the folder to the usb key and still used the smart tool to install windows 7.
 When it got to the screen where you can load drivers for the new drive i pointed it to the samsung nvme driver and it worked..but when it was all done installing windows I had no dvd drive show up no usb would show,it seemed like when i added the nvme driver during the install it must have stopped the usb drivers from slipstreaming with the smart tool install.
  I was able to use the motherboard set up disk and install the usb and achi drivers,then I could install the new drivers from the other usb key i had made.

To sum it up and possibly help someone else that is pulling their hair out over this.Use the specific driver for your particular drive and add the usb drivers as well during the install,the ones that the smart tool loaded or didn't load, did not work. The smart tool still loaded windows just fine but it would be nice if you could use different drivers when creating the smart tool usb key.

angellopezramon

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #51 on: 30-July-18, 18:49:38 »

I own a MSI GE73 Raider RGB 8RE and I have Windows 10 RS4 installed. Right now I'm trying to install Windows 7 Professional with no luck. I created a booteable USB with MSI Win 7 Smart Tool from my Windows 7 (single version) Professional SP1 ISO image but I always get the CD/DVD drivers required message no matter what changes I did in Boot menu. I'm really sick of trying. Is there a tutorial? Someone has resolved this issue in a laptop like mine? Thanks

diamondpumpkin1

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #52 on: 05-October-18, 17:58:44 »

I recently tried installing Win7 on my system but it gives this BSOD just after loading the installation files (part way into the Win7 animation). I've posted a thread on Tomshardware to see if anyone else can help me.

rbleroy91

• GENERAL
  • RBL_FR
« Reply #53 on: 05-October-18, 18:16:30 »

Hello,
AMD has stopped support for Windows 7 since its Raven Ridge CPU (for instance, see >>Here<<). For your Pinnacle Ridge model, see >>AMD Ryzen™ 7 2700X Drivers & Support<<.
Sorry
:hat tip:
MSI X99A XPower Gaming Titanium (Bios 1.62)  –  Windows 7/10 (1903) Pro x64  –  i7-6850K + BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 + Corsair Vengeance LPX Series DDR4 3466MHz 4x16Go + MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G + SSD Samsung, 1x 850 PRO 512GB (SATA) [Boot+OS drive] & 1x 970 PRO 1TB (NVMe) + HD SATAIII Seagate Barracuda, 7x 1TB & 1x 3TB + LG BR R/W + BeQuiet! Dark Power Pro 11 1000W 80PLUS Platinum +  BeQuiet! Dark Base Pro 900 + HyperX Alloy Elite keyboard + HyperX Pulsefire FPS mouse

euphrates_one

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #54 on: 27-November-18, 07:10:44 »

If you're desperately obsessed with having Win7 as your OS and you wasted a lot of time with failing MSI Smart Tools, DISM GUI, various USB tools etc. I've a method for you.

What did I do? Yeah, I've failed with them all firstly, but I didn't gave up. First, I installed Win10 to my hdd. Then I installed Win7 over Win10 to my ssd. It perfectly works. Now it's time to find the drivers. If you find your wlan or ethernet driver primarily, you can find other drivers from internet on Win7 easily. Or just install Iobit driver boost and it detects, downloads and installs all of your drivers. Since your USB ports won't work on Win7 yet, you've to copy wlan/ethernet driver to your hdd over Win10. Do not format the partition which you've installed Win10 before you install all your Win7 drivers. 

After you are complete, you can format the partition which Win10 installed and rename the partitions (I hope so, haven't gone so far).

Unfortunately, I couldn't use Win7 (thanks to the perfect support of Intel), there is no Win7 driver for my chipset. Now it's my time to give up if I won't junk my cherry new notebook. At least you can try your luck.

ted.jenson1090

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #55 on: 07-April-19, 05:32:00 »

thanks for posting. i had some issues and all of them are solved by your replies. 
thankyou all..
<!--td {border: 1px solid #ccc;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;}-->https://www.techwhoop.com/download-cisco-anyconnect/

swest

• CORPORAL
« Reply #56 on: 05-August-19, 14:16:26 »

Greetings,

What is the purpose/point of MSI Smart Tool?  I'm on an X399 Gaming Pro Carbon AC, and I believed that it would only run Windows 10.  The MSI Smart Tool appears to create Windows 7 media (?), is that right?

I'm lost.  Could someone clear this up for me?  Also, I was just in the Live Update utility, and I wanted it to download/install the latest MSI Smart Tool - v1.0.0.42.  Even though I was running v1.0.0.41, it told me that my utilities were up-to-date.  What's up with that?

Anyway, this is confusing... which is becoming the norm.

Thanks,

- s.west

rbleroy91

• GENERAL
  • RBL_FR
« Reply #57 on: 05-August-19, 16:50:26 »

What is the purpose/point of MSI Smart Tool?  I'm on an X399 Gaming Pro Carbon AC, and I believed that it would only run Windows 10.  The MSI Smart Tool appears to create Windows 7 media (?), is that right?
I'm lost.  Could someone clear this up for me?
It adds the USB3.0 and NVMe drivers to an USB pen with Windows 7 installer. Then, this pen can be used to install Windows 7 even using an USB30 port and even if the OS drive is NVMe.
Also, I was just in the Live Update utility, and I wanted it to download/install the latest MSI Smart Tool - v1.0.0.42.  Even though I was running v1.0.0.41, it told me that my utilities were up-to-date.  What's up with that?
About Liveupdate, ask here: >>Live Update issues? See here<<.
Have a good day,
:hat tip:
MSI X99A XPower Gaming Titanium (Bios 1.62)  –  Windows 7/10 (1903) Pro x64  –  i7-6850K + BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 + Corsair Vengeance LPX Series DDR4 3466MHz 4x16Go + MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G + SSD Samsung, 1x 850 PRO 512GB (SATA) [Boot+OS drive] & 1x 970 PRO 1TB (NVMe) + HD SATAIII Seagate Barracuda, 7x 1TB & 1x 3TB + LG BR R/W + BeQuiet! Dark Power Pro 11 1000W 80PLUS Platinum +  BeQuiet! Dark Base Pro 900 + HyperX Alloy Elite keyboard + HyperX Pulsefire FPS mouse
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up