Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [MSI PRO MOD - S3 (Demonstration)] Gojira by RandomDesign  (Read 4333 times)

mephiderweiseTopic starter

• SECOND LIEUTENANT

Hi everyone,

my Name is Stefan or RandomDesign.

For this MSI PRO MOD Season, I will not only be in the Jury but build a demonstration case as well.

The concept:
As many others, I like going to the cinema and watch movies. But, I also like monster movies, the good old Japanese ones. That´s why I will contribute this
project to the godfather of all monsters: Godzilla or Gojira in Japanese.

Here is a little hand drawn sketch of my ideas so far. They might change over time a little bit.

Lets have a look at the Hardware:

But first, thanks to all the Sponsors for making this event possible:

MSI, Intel, Thermaltake, Ttesports and G.Skill

Mobo: MSI Z170A Krait Gaming  
CPU: Intel i5 6600k  
GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 960
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z DDR4 8GB 2x4 2800mhz
Cooler: Thermaltake Water 3.0 Extreme S AIO kit.
PSU: Thermaltake DPS G Series M 850W
Case: Thermaltake Suppressor F51
Fan: Thermaltake Riig 12 LED White  6x
SSD: comming soon

And some more pictures:

• SECOND LIEUTENANT
Re: [MSI PRO MOD - S3 (Demonstration)] Gojira by RandomDesign
« Reply #1 on: 18-October-15, 02:13:37 »

In addition Ttesports also sponsored some nice equipment for this project:

Keyboard - Ttesports POSEIDON Z RGB
Mouse - Ttesports VENTUS X
Headset - Ttesports SHOCK 3D 7.1

mike.petereyns

• The sky is the limit !
  • STAFF SERGEANT
  • Custom your life...
    • www.PC-customs.be
« Reply #2 on: 18-October-15, 03:40:35 »

Looking forward to te result bro...Have fun !:agrees:

weistj19

• SERGEANT
  • Orange Clockwerk
    • Clockwerk Industries
« Reply #3 on: 19-October-15, 00:15:23 »

Can't wait to see this build come together! Great idea!

Please e-mail to contact for an estimate.
E-mail : James.Weist@Clockwerk.Industries
Facebook : Clockwerk Computer Modification
Twitter : @OrangeClockwerk

[font='Helvetica Neue', Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]                           [/font][/color]

• SECOND LIEUTENANT
« Reply #4 on: 24-October-15, 15:29:36 »

Now let’s start with the Gojira project.
 But first, I would like to announce another company supporting this project.
 Many thanks to the German company gosumodz for providing sleeves and some accessories!

As one of my first steps I installed all the hardware, to get an overview and to finalize my design ideas.
 At this stage I also started disassemble the case. First I removed the HDD cage and the cage for the optical drives.

Because I want to use the Thermaltake Riing fans later I removed the build in fans as well.

Then I killed some rivets to remove more parts from the inside. I also cut a big hole in the front. Later I will install a new aluminum plate there.

Gojira also approves the steps so far. I will use this figure also in the mod, will be fun I think.  

• SECOND LIEUTENANT
« Reply #5 on: 02-November-15, 03:28:40 »

After Halloween, I finally got some time to continue the work on the Gojira mod. I need some space on the inside form y little special effect and want to achieve a nice and clean look also. Therefore I bend a new aluminum cover for the PSU.

In addition I added some aluminum for the front and back as well.

I want to place three new fans between the front cover and the door. That’s why I cut off the old fan grill. Then I cut a new piece of plastic.

• SECOND LIEUTENANT
« Reply #6 on: 09-November-15, 08:23:09 »

Next update:

This time I worked on the front cover. I made myself a Template with Japanese Katagana saying Go Ji Ra. I applied them on the backside, that’s why they are mirrored at the first couple of pics. Afterwards I started Cutting them out with my scroll saw and made a little test. Later I will apply some acrylic glass on the back to achieve a nice light effect.

Then I made a hole into the aluminum cover of the PSU for the cables. In addition I prepared all the necessary holes for the rivets.

Next, I drew the outlines for the fans and also drilled all the holes. Then the round shapes were cut out. Afterwards I wrapped the aluminum sheet in black foil. May be I will change the foil one more time because I just came along some nice structured one today. But I must have a look on the effect before.

• SECOND LIEUTENANT
« Reply #7 on: 16-November-15, 02:47:16 »

And another update for the Godzilla Project.

This time, I modified the feet. I cut acrylic glass into a round shape so that it would fit on top of the feet perfectly. In addition, I made the holes bigger to fit the LEDs and new screws in.

Then the LEDs were equipped with cables and resistors.

For a nice illumination effect, I built an LED fader. This fader can handle two different circuits. The first circuit will manage the LEDs in the feet; the second one will be a little surprise. 

Next, I cut off the old mounting system from the front panel and glued some magnets in.

Afterwards, I covered the front with nice textured foil. Even Godzilla approves this step :D

Then the windowed panel and the top cover was covered in foil as well.  

• SECOND LIEUTENANT
« Reply #8 on: 23-November-15, 05:30:17 »

And here is my next update.
 This time I started with the second side panel. I planned to cut the silhouette of Godzilla in. Therefore I needed to remove the soundproof mat. I found a nice Godzilla picture in the internet which I used as a reference to make my stencil. Then I cut out the silhouette. I also covered this side panel with the structured foil. In addition I applied a plate from acrylic glass from the back and installed some LEDs for illumination purpose. In the picture it looks a little bit blue but in reality it is white.

As another gimmick, I found this little sound module. I saved 5 different Godzilla tracks and roars on it. The Buttons and the speaker are installed in the front part of the case. For the buttons I made myself a little mountings system and incorporated it into the front. I also changed the colors of the buttons to make them fit the overall design.

Then it was time to work on my little Godzilla figure. First, I took everything apart and cut off some of the spikes. To fit the electric in I carved two holes in the mid-section of the figure. Then new spikes were made out of acrylic glass on the scroll saw. Then I installed the LED´s and glued the new spikes into place. The light will fade in and out, alternating with the LED´s on the feet.

• SECOND LIEUTENANT
« Reply #9 on: 30-November-15, 04:09:05 »

Last week I made quite some progress. I started with building a base for Godzilla. Therefore, I cut Styrofoam sheets into shape and covered them with papier-mâché. In addition, some stones were glued already in place. Then, I covered everything with sand and painted it with different brown tones. At the end a few yellow-ish bushes.

Then I covered the SSD with foil and build a small mounting system with an illumination effect.

Next, some silver parts of the motherboard and the I/O Panel were painted black. In addition, I cut some wire mesh into shape and painted it also black to cover the fans in the front part.

Afterwards, I started to assemble the case. I used black rivets to put everything back together. As a next step, I sleeved the visible cables in black and white.

I also made a little light test.

• SECOND LIEUTENANT
« Reply #10 on: 07-December-15, 03:15:25 »

Next update on the Gojira project.
This time I started by changing the color of the small detail part of the RAM to match my overall design.

After I installed the AiO Water-cooling system, I noticed the holes in the top part. To cover them, I cut some of the original sound proof mate into shape and screwed it into place.

Then I started to build a new backplate for the GPU.  

• SECOND LIEUTENANT
« Reply #11 on: 15-December-15, 02:02:25 »

Getting really close to finish the Gojira Project.
 Now it was time for the periphery. I started with the mouse, by dissembling everything. Then I covered the hand grip with some of my structured foil. For a small detail on the top, I cut myself a stencil and sprayed on the word Gojira in Japanese Katagana.  To match my overall design I also changed the two build in red LEDs with withe ones. Afterwards, everything was put together again.

For the keyboard, I simply used more of my structured foil and attached the TTEsports logo on the back.

The headset was a bit more work. After dissembling, I spray painted the grey parts white. I did not made a clear white surface but kept a sprayed on look. The LEDs of the headset also were red so I changed them here as well. The soldering was a little tricky because they are just so tiny and I only had to change 6 of them.  As the last step, I changed the red fabric. I cut of the red one from the inside and attached a new white one. In addition the fabric on the head pad was also changed.

And now the work on the Gojira mod is basically done. I will do some more little touch ups and post some final pictures right after Christmas.

• SECOND LIEUTENANT
« Reply #12 on: 30-December-15, 04:04:34 »

Final Pics incomming.

Thanks again to all my sponsors who made this mod possible.
So shout outs to MSI, Intel, G.Skill, Thermaltake, TTesports and Gosumodz.

Pages: [1]   Go Up