Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MSI Z170A Gaming M5  (Read 1259 times)

platinumcTopic starter

• STAFF SERGEANT
MSI Z170A Gaming M5
« on: 17-December-15, 11:27:59 »

I have saved money for several years to build myself a new gaming/streaming computer, and I went for MSI products, because my favourite colors are black, blue and dark red. And MSI's red fits my taste perfectly.
As an additional extra - dragons are my most favourite animals (even if they are mythical creatures).

So much for the decisions, that made me go for MSI, next up is the unboxing.

Since I have waited for years to build a new PC for myself, I was super excited when all my packages arrived (ordered full PC parts together, except the case, which will be arriving soon, pictures will be added of my new build after that).

The cardboard? packaging already leaves a beautiful expectation of what is to come on the inside of the package.
I really love the way this motherboard looks, the dragon heatsink, the red lines, they really match the build I have in mind.
The motherboard has all the necessary features for me - enough usb holes, with a variety of types, SLI for a future upgrade, fast DDR4 support, very beautiful and well built UEFI BIOS, giving enthusiasts like me almost completely free hands to customize and OC as needed, I especially love the CMOS clearing features, saves a lot of hassle.
The onboard audio chipset is also very impressive, even though I will be mainly using Razer Kraken 7.1 headset, I will not be getting any benefit from it.
And last but not least - I love the build quality of the motherboard - no messing around with cheap capacitors,  that you need to replace within a year or 2.

I think that covers my feelings on this topic, even if it is a short review, and does not exactly match the unboxing topic.

There is one negative thing, but it got sorted fast, so no complaints, but worth mentioning.
The first motherboard I received, was DoA - came with several bent pins, but I got that swapped for a new one without problems. The package did not seem damaged or anything, so not sure how it happened, but all is well, that ends well.

Pictures will hopefully come within a week.
i5-6600k / MSI GTX 970 / MSI Gaming M5 / Lepa Aquacooler 240 / WD 2TB HDD / Kingston V300 120gb SSD / 2x8gb G.Skill Ripjaws 3000mhz / CTG-650 80+

firdausgoalie

• Photo & Game Enthusiast
  • PRIVATE E-2
  • New MSI Owner
    • Life In And Out of The Crease
Re: MSI Z170A Gaming M5
« Reply #1 on: 17-December-15, 16:29:37 »

I recently bought the MOBO for the exact reasons. Very solid build
i7-6700K
MSI Z170A Gaming M5
COOLER MASTER Hyper 212X
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 2600MHz (2x4GB)
MSI GeForce GTX 970
FSP Aurum S 600W

platinumcTopic starter

• STAFF SERGEANT
Re: MSI Z170A Gaming M5
« Reply #2 on: 17-December-15, 17:35:56 »

You mean the build as in the mobo, or the specs on my sig?

What parts are you running on yours? I agree though, very good bang for the buck for this mobo.
i5-6600k / MSI GTX 970 / MSI Gaming M5 / Lepa Aquacooler 240 / WD 2TB HDD / Kingston V300 120gb SSD / 2x8gb G.Skill Ripjaws 3000mhz / CTG-650 80+
Pages: [1]   Go Up