Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Advanced search    

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 【MSI PRO MOD - S3】Harvester of Time by MercoMods  (Read 6598 times)

mercomodsTopic starter

• CORPORAL

Third time trying to post this, hope it works. For some reason there is no Edit or Modify button on my old thread, so i can't fix it and have to try again with a new thread. If this one works, please delete my last one.

HARVESTER OF TIME

Hello everyone! My name is Kristian Ingelstad AKA MercoMods. You might know me from my last video project and mod Trident of Neptune. 

I am back, and i have started a new mod and a video project! This time the project is called "Harvester of Time" and will be an entry in the MSI ProMod Season 3 competition. I will try to update weekly, with a lot of pictures. However, my main focus is the video which will take most of my time recording, editing, etc. I hope you enjoy! Feedback is appreciated, both positive and negative(constructive criticism). The theme for this mod is Skeleton/Death. There is a huge surprise coming... Keep your eyes open. Here is a small teaser. :)

Right now the pictures are all unedited. In a little bit, all the pictures i take will be edited, and will look a lot better.  For those wondering, the pictures are all taken on the Samsung NX1 with an 18-200mm OIS zoom lens. The video will also be recorded in native UHD (3840x2160 30fps), so everyone with an UHD screen... you're gonna love this! :)

Here are the specs!

Case: Thermaltake Core V41
Motherboard: MSI Z170 Krait Gaming
Processor: Intel i5-6600K
GPU: MSI GTX 960 2gb
RAM: 16gb (8gb x 2) G.Skill TridentZ DDR4
PSU: Thermaltake 550W 80+ Gold Semi modular
SSD: (COMING SOON!!)

Fans: Thermaltake Riing 12 white LED
CPU Block: Thermaltake Pacific W2
Radiator: Thermaltake RL240
Pump/Res: Thermaltake Pacific PR22-D5
Fittings: Thermaltake compression fittings

Here are some pictures of the parts/products BEFORE modding.

-All the parts together, except CPU and SSD which is coming soon

-The case, Thermaltake Core V41

-The fantastic Z170 Krait motherboard by MSI!

-MSI GTX 960

-G.Skill TridentZ. Looking good!

-Thermaltake 550W 80 plus gold semi modular

-All the fans! Riing 12's with white LED's

-Here are all the watercooling parts!

-All the fittings!

-Custom sleeving my own cables!

-Thanks to IceModz for the super high quality sleeving!

-RGB LED strips with remote control!

That's all for now. Sadly just a quick introduction! Some of the modding i will be doing is:
-Custom GPU Backplate (acrylic)
-Custom extensions
-PSU cover (acrylic)
-SSD cover (acrylic)
-Painting/Modding RAM
-Painting parts of the waterblock, and radiator
-Something you have never seen before... It will give you chills down your spine.
-And more!

Thanks,
Kristian Ingelstad
MercoMod

asphiax

• STAFF SERGEANT
  • Thats no moon !
Re: 【MSI PRO MOD - S3】Harvester of Time by MercoMods
« Reply #1 on: 25-October-15, 10:42:16 »

Awesome what you did there with the spine / skeleton part.
Find more of my builds on :
https://www.facebook.com/ModWithMe
https://asphiax.wordpress.com
Got a project ?? -> ASPHIAX@ModWithMe.Com

mercomodsTopic starter

• CORPORAL
« Reply #2 on: 26-October-15, 09:38:33 »

Hey! Here are some updates of what i have been doing. This sunday i painted the whole case in basic white and black just to get the base layer done. In not so long, i will start cutting up the front panel and REALLY modding this thing. This is just temporary. I also started the PSU cover, and started the GPU backplate. Both of those have a lot of work left though. I also had a glossy/shiny black paint which i did not really like.... I might switch it to matte/flat black. What do you guys think?

Front panel gitter drying up

Another angle

Another angle

Two pieces of acrylic drying up. These are for the PSU cover.

The PSU cover and bottom layer of GPU backplate drying up. Not sure if i like this glossy black or not. Looks kinda cheap to me.

Another angle

The top and bottom filters drying.

The first layer of the back side panel drying up. Forgot to take pictures of the windowed side panel, but you will see later that it is also painted

Another angle. I'm glad i have all these cardboard boxes left over hahaha

Gotta paint the expansion slots too!

Easy peasy!

Second layer of GPU backplate being cut! Finishing soon, my battery powered dremel ran out of power.

The case! I forgot to put the feet back. This is a very temporary look, and sadly i noticed after scrolling through worklogs that it is very similar to someone elses painting on the exact same case, but i can assure you that this will look nothing like it when it is done. The front will be completely opened up, looking like a prison. More pictures coming soon, when i get the rods for it. :)

Without the sidepanel and a small taste of the PSU cover

This lovely motherboard with painted RAM will go in the case.

More motherboard and RAM

Another angle

GPU backplate, first layer

Another angle

More updates coming soon! Stay updates. :)

mercomodsTopic starter

• CORPORAL

Quick update for yesterday. I finished sleeving and making the GPU backplate,

The handmade backplate! Hand cut with dremel, both layers, then spray painted. Made from acrylic.

Another angle!

The 24pin cable for the build! Even though it is braided to make it look awesome, it still works exactly like a normal cable. I really liked the design of this one! Very different from normal extensions.

From another angle!

If i pull the two layers apart, i can make it look even beefier. I like the looks of this one, but i fear that it might take too much attention from the main part of the mod... Which will be revealed soon.

Really really like this one.... Makes it look kind of chaotic, but still clean. Make it something more and something different than normal motherboard extensions.

What do you guys think? Does the extension look better wide or thin?

flowerflowerrabbit

• SERGEANT
« Reply #4 on: 27-October-15, 22:51:59 »

i am fond of the black & white wave. :cheesy:

mercomodsTopic starter

• CORPORAL
« Reply #5 on: 29-October-15, 05:29:48 »

The spine! It will be used to watercool the computer. The vertebraes will be wrapped around the watercooling tubing as shown in the next pictures.

Here you see the tubing and skull. Skull is painted white now. :)

Another angle

Closeup of the spine with the tubing visible underneath. You will see a little bit of the fluid flowing inside. :)

The skull, spine and a pocket watch. The name "Harvester of Time" needs something to represent time.

Sorry for the low quality of this picture! It was taken on my phone.  The reservoir/Pump combo, i will hide the pump with a skull. Looks creepy, fits the theme, and hides the ugly pump! However, the skull i am using might need to be changed. This one might be too small when i have the mounting hardware on.

mercomodsTopic starter

• CORPORAL

Hey everyone! Sorry for the lack of updates lately. I have been to Las Vegas with a friend (it was awesome!) but i am back now. Here are a lot of updates from some of the work i have done lately. Enjoy!

Here's the skull that i will be wrapping around the pump in the pump/res combo. This is before i painted it white. Holes that are cut are one for the reservoir, and the sidehole is for the tubing to go out of. 

Another angle! Really liked this picture.

The spine which will be the tubing in the build

Another angle!

This is how the individual 3D printed vertebraes look. 

Another angle

There's a lot of them.

A lot.

Here are the Thermaltake Riing 12 fans before modding!

Stuff before painting! 

Spine drying up after a layer of white. It had kind of a brownish white color before painting which i did not like.

A lot of stuff were drying here! Not so visible, but a part of the bay cover is drying in the black box.

Fan blades after drying! Had to use some acrylic for background because the white background and fan blades didnt go too well on the picture...

Fans after painting!

Loving the new look of the Riing 12 fans.

The skull after painting! Fits more to the theme now.

PSU cover and bay cover!

Another angle of the PSU cover

Painted fans screwed on to the painted radiator with the painted screws!

Another angle!

Yet another angle!

Psu cover and bay cover in the case.

Another angle with PSU and bay cover!

Yet another angle!

Aaand another one!

Even though i have to take everything back out again because i am going to cut up the front, i quickly added a few things to give you guys an idea of how the inside will look. I added the rad and fans in this one :)

Another angle with fans and radiator

Here's where the skull and reservoir will be in the mod!

Another angle

Yet another angle. We love angles!

Basically the same but more zoomed in

The MSI dragon knows its place!

"Hello there guys! Welcome to my mod!"-MSI dragon

This is where i want to place the SSD when i start continue modding.

Big update! See you soon :)

mercomodsTopic starter

• CORPORAL
« Reply #7 on: 16-November-15, 06:35:59 »

Hello everyone,

Sorry for the long wait, as i am a full time student at the moment, it does not leave a lot of time for modding! However, quite a big update here. Harvester of Time will be done in a few days!

The MSI logo and skull for the front of the case. Thanks to Richard Surroz for providing this for free! Even shipping.

Another angle!

Sorry for the messy background! This is how the front of the case looked before cutting any of the acrylic rods.

Logo and acrylic rods together!

The acrylic rods!

The acrylic rods after cutting and bending!

Another angle

Decided to put a pocket watch in a skeleton hand right under the PSU cover to resemble time. The mod is called "Harvester of Time", so i thought this was fitting :)

This is how the front looks after i bent the acrylic rods and put the skull behind it. It is supposed to look like a prison that someone broke out of.

The bends looking cool, hehe

This is how the components look inside the pc with fans installed, gpu installed, and the sleeved cables too.

Another angle of the front, while components are installed. Looking good!

Showing more of the front itself.

Another angle, more from the top.

Another angle from about the middle. The most neutral one, i guess!

Didnt really like this picture... I still havent added the case feet back again, so everything kinda looks weird. However, this is how it currently looks! Adding the skeleton spine tubing very soon and filling the system. :)

Thanks! Will finish it this week. I am very happy with the outcome so far. What do you guys think?

mercomodsTopic starter

• CORPORAL

Hello everyone! The mod is FINISHED. Here's some pictures of the final mod, and more coming soon.

This project has been amazing. I love the outcome, and i am very happy with the mod. More pictures of the PC in the dark is coming soon. Thanks everyone!

waqasberet

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #9 on: 27-December-15, 01:48:49 »

nice and clean build
Pages: [1]   Go Up