Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.

Poll

E-Competitors

Yes I am already involved.
- 0 (0%)
Yes, I have been looking to get involved but havent found a way in.
- 1 (100%)
Yes I'm interested but don't know if I have what it takes.
- 0 (0%)
No, I just game for fun.
- 0 (0%)
No, E-sports is dumb in my opinion, and have no interest in getting involved.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Voting closed: 25-July-16, 20:36:25

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Vet CAL League Gamer, Starting Team documenting Return Join Me  (Read 1762 times)

james.yuengerTopic starter

• IrishVirus
  • PRIVATE E-2
  • IrishVirus
    • blog.viral-solutions.com

From 2002-2007, I was a sponsered gamer playing in the Cyber Athletic Leagues. It was a different world, fans where other gamers as the ability to broadcast matches was severely limited during that period. Software to record entire matches wasn't as easily accessible, and games where limited to MODs of CS: Won, CS:1.6, Steam (during the last few years, and it was only related directly to valve products), and then Warcraft 3 and it's related Mods Tank wars, Tower Defense, Original DOTA, etc.

We where initially 4 friends from high school, then some people from our college, and a few we happened to meet gaming. We where a true team playing for hours daily to practice, and matches where setup by CAL.

Then life happens, and this is a message to all young competitive gamers, you graduate college, get a career, start a family, and game but competitive gaming is rarely an option because you cannot dedicate to specific times, and required amounts of practice. We still played often in the background of all the games coming out. Still craving the competition but limited. Life organizes itself and you have a decision to return or not.
I decided to return, but upon my return from the journey beginning to end, I wanted to document it. Success or failure I wanted to share the journey of returning. 

First step is getting a team started, hopefully with some fellow veterans and some gamers who just want to join something bigger. I will provide a site for us, where we will share our matches, and our journey to competition level gaming. Making not just a core team, but team members that hope to reach competitive gaming but need to practice more before going big. We will search for sponsors, and since I am a big fan of MSI I plan on using this forum to basically repost our blog. We will do video and editorial reviews on new products we get, from unboxing and initial thoughts all the way to our thoughts after a break in period of use.

If your interested in joining this team please message me through this forum, send me an email james@viral-solutions.com with your gaming resume: First name, Gamer tag, Age, general location, Games you are heavily involved in and what talents or skillsets you have as a gamer, also what areas you are lacking in game, also if there are any skills out of game you have that can be beneficial let me know. (Web design, Graphic designers, developers, etc.)

I am located in Minnesota so members in the Midwest, USA would be great, but really with the right planning we can make it work for any US gamer.

So if you want to become part of this journey, shoot for going big, and have thick enough skin to document our successful moments along with our failures, then again email me:
james@viral-solutions.com
Or
Respond on here, or visit and message me on https://www.facebook.com/ViralSolutionsComputing

Lets make this happen. And look forward to anyone showing interest.
Team Founder: Viral-WolfPack
A mobile DJ, Cyber Security & Homeland security Student, Provide Business to Business Tech Advising, Volunteer Providing Tech Education

Sun Tzu Quotes:
-The highest form of generalship is to defeat the enemy’s plans; the next best is to keep the enemy’s forces divided; the next best is to attack the enemy’s army in the field; and the worst policy is to besiege walled cities.

-He who can modify his tactics in relation to his opponent, and thereby succeed in winning, may be called a heaven-born captain.

-A general is skillful in attack whose opponent does not know what to defend; and he is skillful in defense whose opponent does not know what to attack.

guitarist

• SECOND LIEUTENANT

MSI always sponsors the team with great potential and the great performance of MSI gaming product also help professional players win the battles....
my gears for rock n roll ..................... :)

Jackson RR3 with Seymour Duncan pickup / WRMG with EMG pickup
Ibanez JS1000 / JEM / S1XXV Yellow 
Gibson Les Paul Tradition Pro II / Les Paul Studio in black
Fender HSS with EMG pickup and Floyd Rose tremelo / American Standard 1995
Effects: DIGITECH RP500 / BOSS GT-6 / BOSS BR-80 / YAMAHA GW50
Amps: Marshall G30RCD AMP / Fender Princeton 65W AMP / Dynaudio sound system
Audio Technica UHF guitar wireless system

james.yuengerTopic starter

• IrishVirus
  • PRIVATE E-2
  • IrishVirus
    • blog.viral-solutions.com

MSI always sponsors the team with great potential and the great performance of MSI gaming product also help professional players win the battles....

I couldn't agree more, and that was my hope in finding those looking to get into the competitive side or get back into, my best resource for finding those players would be in the MSI forum. Logically, finding a group of great gamers, or gamers with great potential, is naturally going to be located in the forums of the company that develops products for the ultimate gaming experience. Basically if you are trying to find wild polar bears go to the artic, it would be foolish to spend all my time searching Miami, or Ibiza. But if one was found in such a location it would be an interesting day!

I logically placed my mentality that going on the forums of a company that produces the most elite gaming equipment, and peripherals would put me in an environment to locate the highest potential of gamers. Even if no one responds, it was worth the post.
Team Founder: Viral-WolfPack
A mobile DJ, Cyber Security & Homeland security Student, Provide Business to Business Tech Advising, Volunteer Providing Tech Education

Sun Tzu Quotes:
-The highest form of generalship is to defeat the enemy’s plans; the next best is to keep the enemy’s forces divided; the next best is to attack the enemy’s army in the field; and the worst policy is to besiege walled cities.

-He who can modify his tactics in relation to his opponent, and thereby succeed in winning, may be called a heaven-born captain.

-A general is skillful in attack whose opponent does not know what to defend; and he is skillful in defense whose opponent does not know what to attack.
Pages: [1]   Go Up