Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The new WS60 6QI/6QH come with NVMe M.2 SSD by PCIe Gen3 X4 High Speed Storage  (Read 3181 times)

DragoonyangTopic starter

• Notebook Moderator

Intel led the industry in creation of a new Non-Volatile Memory Express (NVMe) storage interface standard. NVMe overcomes SAS/SATA SSD performance limitations by optimizing hardware and software to take full advantage of NVM SSD technology.
NVMe significantly improves both random and sequential performance over SATA-based drives by reducing latency, enabling high levels of parallelism, and streamlining the storage command set.

The new MSI mobile workstation WS60 6QI and WS60 6QH series using 6th Generation Intel™ Core® i7 processors comes with SATA and PCIe storage combo interface design.The single M.2 SSD slot in the WS60 6QI and WS60 6QH are compatible with SATA and PCIe interfaces, providing diverse features to users .
The picture below shows a 2280 M.2 SSD, and it conform to the single-sided M.2 specifications.The M.2 SSD by combining four lanes of PCIe 3.0 with state-ofthe-art NVMe interface.

Get the most advanced storage technology before everyone else with the latest PCI-E Gen 3.0x4 bandwidth utilizing NVMe technology on single M.2 SSD. Harness the full performance potential of the Gen 3.0 SSD through the optimization of the hardware and software outputting extreme read speeds up to 2200MB/s, 5x faster than SATA3 SSD's.
Successfully decreases the waiting time and increases the work efficiency! Engineers and designers who work on programs and large files are opened much faster.

ace8888

• SERGEANT

Effeciency is so important for game developer or any designers!
thanks MSI for recommending so great products!
grit is the important ingredient to be success.

nikolic9

• PRIVATE E-2

Hi

I posted yesterday about MSI WE72 7RJ M.2 SSD performance issue. According to this post as well as MSI's official info M.2 should be way faster than SATA SSD. Not in my case - on the contrary the new SATA SSD (Samsung 860 EVO) is way faster than pre-existing M.2 SSD (Samsund as well).

Any ideas how to fix this or what am I missing?
Pages: [1]   Go Up