Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 24GE 2QE: Monitor OSD buttons and speakers not working after BIOS upgrade  (Read 2474 times)

deyanpTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2

Hi,

Does anybody know if BIOS is responsible for the Monitor hardware buttons (left side of monitor, 4 buttons, Menu, brigthness up-down etc.) & for the Built-in Monitor speakers?

My story:
1) Bought MSI 24GE 2QE AIO
2) From time to time got "Warning: Fan not installed or abnormal" upon boot up. Fan is generally loud, measuring 3200 RPM in BIOS @ 63 degress Celsius CPU, but less in Windows (judging by sound) @ 42 degress Celsius CPU (idel)
3) Open ticket with Support, was advised to refresh BIOS 
4) Even though it seemed to be same version (800) I did that, by running FLASH.BAT, not the EXE
5) After successful flash & boot up no sound from builtin speakers, also monitor buttons on the left not working.
6) wiped out 5 times all drivers incl. Nahimic, Gaming Center etc, did not help

Support is advising me currently to reset Windows or RMA the device, however I'd like to know first if my time will be well-invested in Windows Reset. RMA is not that great as my wife will be missing her Christmas present for a couple of weeks :( Actually she can live with the fan warning at bootup from time to time, but not with the not working speakers ...

P.S. Does anybody know if there is a difference between "FLASH.BAT" and "AFUDOS.EXE EAE6BIMS.800"? I tried the latter and it did much less than the former, so I assume either the BIOS file I was given is corrupt or inappropriate for my PC (but is listed for 24GE 2QE on the MSI web site!!!)

deyanpTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2

FYI: Speakers & Monitor OSD buttons not working was solved by simply disconnecting the PC from power source for 30 minutes. I would have appreciated a simple instruction in a readme.txt or as part of the BIOS upgrade package, so I hope this helps someone else in the future experiencing the same problem after BIOS update.

I am monitoring now if the "Warning: Fan not found or abnormal" will appear again or (hopefully) not.

Svet

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator

the right way to flash is to use the "flash.bat",
in the other cases it can cause issues.

I am monitoring now if the "Warning: Fan not found or abnormal" will appear again or (hopefully) not.

if this message come again, enter in BIOS setup, press F9 to load bios default, ENTER,
then F10 to save and exit, ENTER
then check again how its goes.

deyanpTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2

Got again "Warning: CPU fan is not installed or abnormal", then loaded optimized BIOS defaults + saved, but then again. 

Does not happen at every boot though. I can hear the fan working, and the PC seems to be working OK.

deyanpTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2

P.S. 1 month ago I got the same error message on another brand new 24GE 2qe, which I bought from & returned to amazon.it due to extreme backlight bleed. And now I have the same error with the replacement (still with some backlight bleeding but acceptable for me) - I have the feeling that there is some general problem with this series, as I do not believe I can be so unlucky ... Maybe a future BIOS update could fix this?

deyanpTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2

Found 

https://service.msicomputer.com/msi_user/support/techfaqdetail.aspx?formid=3246

"3rd party hardware monitor utility such as HWMonitor by CPUID will show CPU Fan Speed as 0RPM and cause the CPU fan warning message when restarting, and issue is resolved when the JBAT1 jumper is used to clear the CMOS."

Maybe there is a similar issue with 24GE 2QE?

Svet

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator

don't know if this can helps, but opening your unit if its sealed can void the warrantly.
so best ask your reseller or msi here:
>>How to contact MSI.<<
Pages: [1]   Go Up