Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MSI z170 Gaming G3 continous beebps on startup  (Read 1290 times)

b52thed00rTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
MSI z170 Gaming G3 continous beebps on startup
« on: 04-January-16, 13:33:03 »

Hey MSI fans. I recently bought a MSI z170 Gaming G3 motherboard and a 6600k intel CPU for it with 16 gigs of kingstone hyperX RAM.
After i installed all the stuff into my case a TT Armor+ i booted it up.
After i press the power button and the fans start spinning a strange low noise beeping stars it beebs like 25-30 times.
The motherborad struggles to identify the GPU aswell i got a gigabyte GTX970 G1 Gaming. After i power up the PC the VGA led lights up for a while 25-40 seconds i got no video input as long as the led is on.

After all this stuff happens the beeping still  goes on i can get into the BIOS its working fine, but after i get into the newly installed windows 7 pro all my USB ports turn off. I know its only the USBs cause my old keyboard is still working fine.
another note. with my old MB the keyboard lights used to blink once after the power up  with the New MSI mb the keyboard lights light up three times which is unusual.

Any suggestions ideas what should i do ? should i RMA  it or maybe i just missed something ?
Thanks for your insight guys.
My Pc
MSI z170 gaming g3
2x8gig DDR4 kingston HyperX
gigabyte GTX970 g1 gaming
Enermax Revolutionx 730 PSU
240 SSD
1.5 tb hdd
0.5tb HDD

darkhawk

• Global Moderator
  • Yes, that is a picture of me as the Bud Knight.
Re: MSI z170 Gaming G3 continous beebps on startup
« Reply #1 on: 04-January-16, 16:28:19 »

Due to changes in USB in regards to the Z170 chipset, you need to install Windows 7 SP1 (I believe) in order to get full USB functionality. 

As far as the video card issues, all I can really say is that we've been seeing a number of compatibility issues between MSI and Gigabyte hardware (for whatever reason). I'm not sure how to go about fixing those issues.

b52thed00rTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
Re: MSI z170 Gaming G3 continous beebps on startup
« Reply #2 on: 05-January-16, 05:37:48 »

Well i turned it on today and the beeping disappeared ..  strange i have installed the usb drivers in win 7 that aint helped then i updated to win 10.
With win 10 pro 64 my USBs are working perfectly. It might be a win 7 issue.
I dont rly know what fixed the beeping but its gone, and thats good news.

The 1st startup is still slow the vga led still lights up for a while. it might be the MSI-gigabyte problem i dunno. on restart it is fast it only has problems when i power it on.

Thx for the reply if i find a fix for the GPU problem ill post it.
Until then Good games for everyone :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up