Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MSI Cubi Does not Boot from SSD  (Read 5355 times)

krishant007Topic starter

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
MSI Cubi Does not Boot from SSD
« on: 23-January-16, 04:11:20 »

I have tried installing WIndows 8 on my cubi. The installation process works fine, but when I restart my PC, for some reason, the Cubi only boots into BIOS and does not boot into the OS. I am not sure whats causing this, has anyone else experienced the same issue (where the cubi only boots into BIOS but refuses to boot into the OS (from Sata).

Yang

• AIO Moderator
« Reply #1 on: 25-January-16, 00:46:31 »

Please check what BIOS version is used.
BIOSv1xx is for Win7 OS.
BIOSv8xx is for Win8.1/Win10 OS.

Please also check SSD has detected or not in main screen after it into BIOS.

If BIOS version is v1xx, please flash BIOS to v8xx and re-install Win8.1 OS again.

krishant007Topic starter

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #2 on: 29-January-16, 19:10:45 »

Bios is v8.5. I have flashed the version from the website. 

I have managed to get windows installed on mSata and the computer boots from it just fine. I checked bios and the 2.5 in ssd is not detected in the bios. It leads me to think that the sata port might be fault.

courtens

• CORPORAL
« Reply #3 on: 31-January-16, 17:34:06 »

Can you boot into Windows?

My BIOS can't find my mSATA drive after a reboot (restart) --- but strangely finds the drive just fine after a complete shutdown, and a manual pushing the power button.

This is not normal behavior, and I am wondering it I am the only one having this problem. This is a link to my post: https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=265841.0

Yang

• AIO Moderator
« Reply #4 on: 01-February-16, 05:18:28 »

Please also check it in BIOS setup:
Boot / UEFI Hard Disk Drive BBS Priorities / Boot option to "Windows Boot Manager".

courtens

• CORPORAL
« Reply #5 on: 05-February-16, 14:32:55 »

I am having the exact same problem you are describing. Restart ends up in BIOS. This is really bad if you are using the cubi as a server and do not want it to hang after a automatic reboot. Simply put, unacceptable. What model do you have?  I wonder if a later model (the N series) has the same problem. I am still awaiting an answer from tech support about this, but they are slow and not very helpful.

thedondada

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #6 on: 10-February-16, 04:32:23 »

If you installed Windows 8+ or 10 and then reboot and it doesnt boot its probably because the boot order is not set, or you have some of the options in bios wrong.  For me, I installed windows 10 and I made sure that the windows 8 options was  selected.  Make sure secure boot wasnt selected.  and then when I go to the boot order area, it shows mine as a uefi boot drive which is how I installed it.  It makes it boot in seconds.  If you still have the media, try making a bootable thumb drive and boot / install windows 8 or 10 that way then leave it uefi boot mode which is what that windows 8 option in bios is.

driftlabinc

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #7 on: 07-March-16, 19:53:35 »

Just to let everyone know it is completely possible to boot solely from a SATA SSD. No matter what anybody tells you it will boot from either Sata or M.SATA. Just be cautious about the ram you purchase for your build (You need 1.35V SO-DIMM)

Check here (add www. here)msi.com/product/desktop/support/Cubi.html#support_avl (I picked the Cruical 4G)

Successfully booting Windows 7 64bit from SATA SSD.

I hope I can help some people with this post because I lost a bunch of hair over this!

datum9

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #8 on: 13-November-18, 19:23:09 »

My GT80 SLI does not even see the 2.5"  SATA III Samsung 850 in the BIOS boot options.. How can I make it visible in BIOS?

I cloned to it via Macrium Reflect and then used bcdedit / bcdboot to configure it for booting.
MSI Titan GT80S SLI

Yang

• AIO Moderator
« Reply #9 on: 06-December-18, 02:14:02 »

MSI GT80 is NOTEBOOK production and please post it to NOTEBOOK sheet.
Pages: [1]   Go Up