Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WT72 for Linux ??  (Read 1144 times)

cjgunzelTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
WT72 for Linux ??
« on: 04-February-16, 18:40:02 »

I'm shopping for a new laptop -- one I can use and recommend to others.  I like the specs on the WT72 series.  Has anybody tried to load a current distribution of Linux on one with any success?  All the basic bits & pieces are manufactured by big supporters of Linux but I'm not sure on the lesser bits.

Thanks.

D.L.

• FIRST LIEUTENANT
Re: WT72 for Linux ??
« Reply #1 on: 01-March-16, 20:56:36 »

I'm shopping for a new laptop -- one I can use and recommend to others.  I like the specs on the WT72 series.  Has anybody tried to load a current distribution of Linux on one with any success?  All the basic bits & pieces are manufactured by big supporters of Linux but I'm not sure on the lesser bits.

Thanks.

WT72 is officially supported Windows system, and there is few or none discussions when I searched for running Linux on WT72. You can try to run Linux system on WT72, but MSI might not guarantee there is no problems.

cjgunzelTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
Re: WT72 for Linux ??
« Reply #2 on: 20-March-16, 19:18:45 »

I'm aware there is nothing on the internet.  The reason I asked here is because I'm not going to buy a $5,000 USD boat anchor!  Unless somebody can at least run a "live" version of SUSE on one I won't be buying from MSI.  Dell is getting interesting lately....
Pages: [1]   Go Up