Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MSI X2 Nightblade issue and questions  (Read 3224 times)

daniellevesqueTopic starter

• CORPORAL

Hey, I have an MSI Nightblade X2 and im finding the support website to be very lacking. hoping people out there can explain?

1, there is no bios downloads or updates available?
2. I have an issue where error code 1 comes up every time i login to windows, i try to open a support ticket but service.msicomputer.com times out everytime using their own website for support?
3. Intel driver updates continually claims no updates ive had this system for 2 months highly unlikely no chipset updates? seems odd but may be nothing
4. Drivers section has had no updates since 2015? does MSI not continue to support their product after release? or there an underground website i should be using to keep track of new updates? 

thanks,

darkhawk

• Global Moderator
Re: MSI X2 Nightblade issue and questions
« Reply #1 on: 10-April-16, 16:14:56 »

How do I put this.....

Updates aren't always all that good. As someone who's been using computers for a quarter century now....it isn't important to stay up to date on all drivers or BIOS's.

Here's what I recommend most users to do....

1. Don't bother updating unless you run into a problem and the driver or BIOS will resolve the issue you are seeing.
2. Don't expect MSI to keep the most up to date drivers available under each system. The time required to keep all drivers for each product up to date as well as thoroughly test them is immense. No one does this. The keep the released drivers available, but rarely do they get updated unless an issue arises.
3. The main driver I would keep updated if anything, is your graphics driver. You can get those from NVidia or AMD if you need them, or Intel if you're using the integrated GPU.

The reason I don't recommend updating is simply because not every driver update will help you. Many times it will cause issues and why mess with a working system? You're better off only updating when you encounter a problem. Trust me on this. :)
Name            Motherboard                                CPU                                              RAM                             GPU                                            
System 1MSI GS73VR-6RFIntel i7 6700HQ16GB DDR4MSI GTX1060 6GB
ServerMSI X370 SLI PlusAMD Ryzen 5 1500X16GB DDR4MSI GTX 1070Ti Armor OC
System 3MSI Z390 GodlikeIntel i9 9900K32GB DDR4 @ 3600 MHz MSI RTX 2070 Gaming Z 8GB

Yang

• AIO Moderator
« Reply #2 on: 10-April-16, 21:15:04 »

What OS is you used?
Did you have updated OS?

It is released with some utility version.

ralf.willimayer

• SERGEANT
« Reply #3 on: 11-April-16, 00:40:49 »

Me too have a question about drivers. Can I install the lastest Killer drivers from the Killer Website? Or do I have to use the drivers from the MSI Support site? I am asking this because there were released a lot of drivers between the MSI and the offical current Driver. There were also a lot of bugfixes for the Killer System. Thats the reason why I am asking for.

daniellevesqueTopic starter

• CORPORAL
« Reply #4 on: 11-April-16, 02:15:01 »

Windows 10 64bit

darkhawk

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: 11-April-16, 04:52:24 »

Me too have a question about drivers. Can I install the lastest Killer drivers from the Killer Website? Or do I have to use the drivers from the MSI Support site? I am asking this because there were released a lot of drivers between the MSI and the offical current Driver. There were also a lot of bugfixes for the Killer System. Thats the reason why I am asking for.

You will most likely be OK using the latest drivers from Qualcomm/Killer Networks website.
Name            Motherboard                                CPU                                              RAM                             GPU                                            
System 3MSI Z390 GodlikeIntel i9 9900K32GB DDR4 @ 3600 MHz MSI RTX 2070 Gaming Z 8GB

ralf.willimayer

• SERGEANT

Hi, I have seen that there are 2 different Wifi-Drivers on the Support Homepage for the X2. Wifi/Lan Drivers from Killer and wifi Drivers from Intel. Am I right that in my system there are a Killer 1535 and a Killer E2400 device build in? So what for I do need the other drivers?

Yang

• AIO Moderator
« Reply #7 on: 14-April-16, 01:42:05 »

Please provide Serial Number for this system and then will be try to check it.
Serial number on the back cover and on the box.
It is SOP how to check it as below link:
http://www.msi.com/page/warranty

ralf.willimayer

• SERGEANT
« Reply #8 on: 14-April-16, 07:27:35 »

I have sent you my serial number

Yang

• AIO Moderator

darkhawk

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: 14-April-16, 19:54:48 »

Fixed Yang's link so it points to the 64 bit version....
Pages: [1]   Go Up