Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Realtek HD Audio with MSI 970 Gaming Motherboard Rear Panel Speaker in Greyed  (Read 4201 times)

josterTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2

The red jack for rear speaker output does not light up on the graphic or show that anything is attached when I plug my known good speakers in. Same for other known good speakers. They are physically plugged into the red jack on the physical real panel as they should be. The auto detect is checked, but no detection occurs. To be able to use the rear speakers, I have to uncheck the box  that disables the rear speakers when the front jack is occupied (this box is accessed by clicking on the little wrench icon). Under this setup, the front 2 jacks are lit up in the graphic, but the rear jack is not. Both front and real audio jacks are active and produce sound. Very goofy. Prior to all this, I could swear the graphic used to show the rear jack lit up and it would detect the speakers when inserted in the real physical hole. What can I do? Thanks.

plutomate

• MAJOR GENERAL

What is your Realtek driver version & OS?

joster

• PRIVATE E-2

Thanks for your response. OS=Win 10. Realtek Driver = V 6.0.1.7634.  Device Mgr also shows AMD HD Audio Driver V10.0.0.2.

plutomate

• MAJOR GENERAL

The latest realtek driver on MSI website is 6.0.1.7730, u wanna give it a try?
https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/970-GAMING.html#down-driver&Win10 64

joster

• PRIVATE E-2

Did so, but no dice. I had also tried this earlier. Also, my existing driver was the latest. 6.0.1.7634. Something goofy, though. When I unzipped the download from the link you gave, there was no mention of Win 10 64. Just XP, Win 7, Vista, etc, etc. Even though the description specified Win 10. No way to know which exe to execute. So I tried one in Win 7 folder, it installed OK, but then after installation kept referring to it as Vista 64. And, it didn't work...no sound. It wouldn't load on start up. So I deleted it and reinstalled the one on my driver disk which is 6.0.1.7634 which is pegged in the MSI downloads for the 970 board as the latest already. Back to zero. I do appreciate your help. Any more thoughts? Thanks.

plutomate

• MAJOR GENERAL

I think the one in Win7 folder > setup would work on Win10 as well. Is it a new OS installation or a migration from another platform?Are you using AMD VGA card with HDMI connected to the motherboard? Just wondering if this could be some kinda conflict btn realtek and amd driver:think:

joster

• PRIVATE E-2

I did use the setup in the Win7 folder.
This was a new installation of Win 10 on an all new PC with the MSI 970 Mobo.
The Realtek did work OK at first, but I didn't notice exactly when it started to act as it does now. I originally had an older, simpler GPU from AMD. That was the one I had when I built the PC initially a few weeks ago.
It may have created the problem when I installed a new GPU a week or so ago, which is Asus Strix 4GB AMD R7 370. Might be something in all that, but I wouldn't think a new GPU would impact Audio. What do you think?
Thanks again for the help.

xmad

• MSI HQ Red Rockets Team Member
  • GENERAL OF THE ARMY
  • Salisbury MD

Is this device enabled in windows sound?
Right click the speaker on the bottom right >playback devices> make sure speakers are the default device.
Make sure to select a "best" answer once your issue has been resolved!
Mainboard: X79A-GD65 (8D)
CPU: I7-3930K
Setting: 4.5Ghz enhanced turbo w/ speed step functioning.
Memory: Corsair Dominator 2133 CL:9  1.5v 4x4gb
Setting: 2400 CL:10
VGA: 2 x GTX 780Ti Gaming 3G (SLI)
No Overclock other than default
PSU: Corsair AX1200i 12v: 100.1 Amps
SSD: Corsair GS 256GB
Corsair Link
Cooling: Corsair H100I

joster

• PRIVATE E-2

I've attached a print of the audio screen. The speakers don't even show up. That's been the issue all along. However, they DO show up in Realtek app as described in my original post. Appreciate the help if you have any suggestions. Thanks.

joster

• PRIVATE E-2

Forgot to add the screenprint. Here it is.

xmad

• MSI HQ Red Rockets Team Member
  • GENERAL OF THE ARMY
  • Salisbury MD

Anything below? I see there is room to scroll down.

Anything in device manager?

Drivers here:
https://us.msi.com/Motherboard/support/970-GAMING.html#down-driver&Win10 64

Might be worth clearing the CMOS for giggles and updating to the latest bios if you haven't already. Latest full release is M4

Edit: Digital out put is disabled right?
Edit2: I just switched to a computer running win 10 and realtek HD audio, going to see if I can replicate.
Make sure to select a "best" answer once your issue has been resolved!
Mainboard: X79A-GD65 (8D)
CPU: I7-3930K
Setting: 4.5Ghz enhanced turbo w/ speed step functioning.
Memory: Corsair Dominator 2133 CL:9  1.5v 4x4gb
Setting: 2400 CL:10
VGA: 2 x GTX 780Ti Gaming 3G (SLI)
No Overclock other than default
PSU: Corsair AX1200i 12v: 100.1 Amps
SSD: Corsair GS 256GB
Corsair Link
Cooling: Corsair H100I

plutomate

• MAJOR GENERAL

as you describe this happens after you upgrade ur GPU, did you update your VGA driver along with it? can you try to roll back to the old VGA driver  version and see if it fixes the problem? also, which headset/speaker u use for front & rear audio jack? and as xmad suggested, the lower part of the playback device list :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up