Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: extreme Left and Right of the spacebar key cannot register properly  (Read 4100 times)

boonkiatkoo78Topic starter

• CORPORAL

HI All,

I recently got a MSI GS63 gaming laptop, and i realise that the extreme left and right of the spacebar key cannot register the key stroke, unless I hit the key very hard.

I was wondering what can I do to fix this? Seems to be the steelseries keyboard that is not properly designed. If I hit the spacebar key in the center area... there is not problem.

Advice anyone?

Regards,
Michael

• CORPORAL

HI All,

I recently got a MSI GS63 gaming laptop, and i realise that the extreme left and right of the spacebar key cannot register the key stroke, unless I hit the key very hard.

I was wondering what can I do to fix this? Seems to be the steelseries keyboard that is not properly designed. If I hit the spacebar key in the center area... there is not problem.

Advice anyone?

Regards,
Michael

I found this link to the same issue I have...

It seems this is a very common issue. I went ahead with the fit found on page link

https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=267543.msg1530175#msg1530175

I popped the spacebar key and pasted a piece of paper with transparent tape. The paper is cut to the dimensions shown in the picture, and i folded the paper once to give it some thickness. *Make sure the tape dont block any of the small clips that will clip to the metal arms.*

Make sure you dont force it too hard, the parts dont feel very solid.

But after i pop back the key, you should hear the clicks that the metal arms is clipped back to the key itself.

I have to say... After the "operation",

NOW my spacebar key WORKS prefectly through out the length of the key...

sportkung

• CAPTAIN

Hi boonkiatkoo78,

Could you help point the no response area of spacebar with a picture or a short video?

• CORPORAL

Hi boonkiatkoo78,

Could you help point the no response area of spacebar with a picture or a short video?

Hi Sportkung,

I cannot upload any video since everything is working PREFECTLY now.... but I have attached a picture with where the position of the spacebar key is not registering or I need to hit very hit and far down.

I am glad that it is working now... This is a good laptop... I didnt want to return it just because of the spacebar key issue. MSI should have 2 - 3 key button inputs rather than just 1 in the center.

Regards,
MIchael

digitalfreaknyc

• PRIVATE E-2

I found this link to the same issue I have...

It seems this is a very common issue. I went ahead with the fit found on page link

https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=267543.msg1530175#msg1530175

I popped the spacebar key and pasted a piece of paper with transparent tape. The paper is cut to the dimensions shown in the picture, and i folded the paper once to give it some thickness. *Make sure the tape dont block any of the small clips that will clip to the metal arms.*

Make sure you dont force it too hard, the parts dont feel very solid.

But after i pop back the key, you should hear the clicks that the metal arms is clipped back to the key itself.

I have to say... After the "operation",

NOW my spacebar key WORKS prefectly through out the length of the key...

Is there a video on how, specifically, to do this?  I'm going out of my mind and I don't want to break the keyboard popping the key up.
Pages: [1]   Go Up