Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WT60 Startup Issue on battery.  (Read 1304 times)

joshua.edward.postonTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
WT60 Startup Issue on battery.
« on: 26-November-16, 21:49:15 »

Hi. I got my hands on a used MSI WT60 with the 3K screen.  I added some missing hardware and ran it thru it's paces. Battery, CPU, RAM, GPU. Everything tested fine. I then updated the BIOS and now can't start the laptop on battery. However it will resume from sleep just fine on battery. On battery the laptop does post and it gets to the windows login screen but then suddenly loses power. I can't recall what BIOS I had but I don't want to go back to that BIOS because Unreal engine 4 did not like it. As soon as I log in I can unplug the laptop and it will stay powered for 4 hours on battery.  I would like to solve the issue without breaking compatibility with the software I like to use. 

PS. The BIOS can use more info about the computer and options to change. (Like adding a logo to replace the MSI one during post).
Marked as best answer by joshua.edward.poston on 03-December-16, 06:12:43

runningman

• CAPTAIN
Re: WT60 Startup Issue on battery.
« Reply #1 on: 28-November-16, 19:54:32 »

Hi, 
Do you mean you upgrade hardware key parts by yourself, what device did you upgrade?
Maybe some of your key parts have compatibility problem with laptop and caused the problem.

It is better to flash BIOS again, if you have upgrade BIOS to latest version, you should also update EC firmware to latest version.
https://www.msi.com/Workstation/support/WT60-2OK-3K-IPS-Edition.html#down-firmware&Win8.1 64

And after the update, shut down system, unplug AC adapter and battery, leave it for 5 minutes to reset EC setting.
Then power ON system later to check the stability.

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #2 on: 30-November-16, 14:11:00 »

I will try the battery trick. Yes, I did replace the missing hardware my self. I Added 2 64GB msata ssd, a 32 GB msata ssd aand a 1 TD HDD. I made no other hardware modification.  Oh. And I have a BIOS dump in the attachments.

Edit: I just tried the battery trick and it did not work. Same issue.

Edit 2: Updating the EC worked. Now I feel stupid. Can you fix that also.

runningman

• CAPTAIN
« Reply #3 on: 02-December-16, 02:51:55 »

Hi, which issue still exists?

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #4 on: 02-December-16, 14:24:07 »

No issue still exist. I was making a joke. It all works great now. :]
Pages: [1]   Go Up