Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FPS decrease to 0 or 1 every two minutes when playing  (Read 1028 times)

joseamlt86Topic starter

• PRIVATE E-2

My laptop is a MSI GP62 2QE leopard Pro, i have it since one year ago, but since one week ago it´s impossible to play any game (even games that don´t require high requirements like could be hearthstone)

When i am playing for example Total War warhammer, Civilization VI... it decrease from 30 FPS during 30 seconds to 1 or FPS 0 every two or one minute, making impossible to play.
-I tried with Windows 10 and Windows 7
-Tried different versions of drivers for graphic card.
-I noticed that temperature of CPU is 90ºC  and GPU 70º normally, when i play it increases. If i active Cooler boost feature, problem will appear a little bit later.

I think that temperature is the problem, but MSI says that it´s normal temperatures when you play, then why cooler boost helps a little bit?

gtracer465

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Re: FPS decrease to 0 or 1 every two minutes when playing
« Reply #1 on: 27-December-16, 06:58:22 »

Not sure exactly what the issue is here, but are you running on battery power? Personally, I always run my laptop off the wall because the eco mode is horrible and you can't disable it on battery power.

jeffmd

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #2 on: 27-December-16, 07:43:46 »

It does sound like your cpu side is not cooling as it should. Perhaps the thermal material used has dried and cracked. Your gpu would scale smoother as it neared its thermal barrier while the cpu would down clock immensely into a safe mode once it hits its thermal barrier.

4lberto

• MAJOR
  • I'm Captain-Alberto
« Reply #3 on: 27-December-16, 07:46:48 »

honestly , i did few factory reset in the past with my GS70 2PC . Wierd connection from my ISP and stuff .

one day , i had windows update buzz 

the other day it has wierd FPS dropping while gaming 

and again from a noobs problem that i didn't put the game inside the Nvidia 3D panel to " High performance" so i was using Intel for the gaming : /

so yeah , i was playing America's army and CS-GO alot before the first 2 reset and afer that, i was experimenting FPS drop ( NOOOuuuuuuuuuu!!! ) 

the third reset didn't help at all . so i tried to uninstall all Bluetooth/network drivers and re-installed them . that was my solution....

was it my ISP ? i could'nt tell at this time . 

i did alot to make it work. I didn't have to flash the new BIOS/VBIOS for this problem ( i did for something else ).

try all the windows update then google your FPS drop from the game provider support/forum , you might end up with more solutions.

so what you can do here is Updating with windows update first. then update or replace drivers existing with the one on your support page ( MSI.com/#model ) 

notice that Win 10's windows update does sometime overwrite/replace your drivers, you got to disable those updates .

the drivers from MSI page are the one "tested" from the compagny. It does mean that you should keep it ( Graphical drivers can be updated from GE-force experience. i did keep the old drivers for a long time before changing imo ) .
MSI GS70 Stealth i7 4720HQ 12 G /750 GB/ 128 GB SSD

GTX860M GDDR5  2GB

:lookandok:

Make me best solution ! 

Hooah !

joseamlt86Topic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #4 on: 27-December-16, 10:54:09 »

It does sound like your cpu side is not cooling as it should. Perhaps the thermal material used has dried and cracked. Your gpu would scale smoother as it neared its thermal barrier while the cpu would down clock immensely into a safe mode once it hits its thermal barrier.
That's what i think, fans are not cooling correctly or the thermal material is dried, 90º in the CPU with only firefox open is not normal i think, i will take it to the MSI center

joseamlt86Topic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #5 on: 27-December-16, 10:56:54 »

honestly , i did few factory reset in the past with my GS70 2PC . Wierd connection from my ISP and stuff .

one day , i had windows update buzz

the other day it has wierd FPS dropping while gaming

and again from a noobs problem that i didn't put the game inside the Nvidia 3D panel to " High performance" so i was using Intel for the gaming : /

so yeah , i was playing America's army and CS-GO alot before the first 2 reset and afer that, i was experimenting FPS drop ( NOOOuuuuuuuuuu!!! )

the third reset didn't help at all . so i tried to uninstall all Bluetooth/network drivers and re-installed them . that was my solution....

was it my ISP ? i could'nt tell at this time .

i did alot to make it work. I didn't have to flash the new BIOS/VBIOS for this problem ( i did for something else ).

try all the windows update then google your FPS drop from the game provider support/forum , you might end up with more solutions.

so what you can do here is Updating with windows update first. then update or replace drivers existing with the one on your support page ( MSI.com/#model )

notice that Win 10's windows update does sometime overwrite/replace your drivers, you got to disable those updates .

the drivers from MSI page are the one "tested" from the compagny. It does mean that you should keep it ( Graphical drivers can be updated from GE-force experience. i did keep the old drivers for a long time before changing imo ) .

I Tried with windows 7 also, so i think that drivers are not the problem
Pages: [1]   Go Up