Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: GT73vr 6re CRASHES ANYONE???  (Read 26586 times)

warpedspacemanTopic starter

• STAFF SERGEANT
GT73vr 6re CRASHES ANYONE???
« on: 29-December-16, 20:00:51 »

HI all

As the title says, crashing is something im now very familar with its a joke, ive tried everything!! Im not asking for any advice, im just here to complain and hopefully some other people see this before buying. Heres my boring ass story, but its needed. To cut the biggining out, my son broke my cheap £500 laptop and just before i bought another cheap one, me and the misses sat back and decided to splash the cash and buy something descent for the first time ever (this being the 4th laptop nearly on the 12 year mark), so we put everything we had into this and some, im by no way mr rich man, i mean we really struggled to get the money together for this, but we done it and between this and an asus i picked this. I couldnt of been happier as this was gonna be MY (lol) toy (not the misses :D) and by the specs i was getting a super beast and something so much more powerful than anything i ever had!! I mean i came from something that had not even a 720p screen, an A6, ddr3 4gb 800mhz ram (Woop,Woop!!), some dual amd/ati graphics crap with a 1gb card and a 750gb 5k rpm rubbish hdd and i was moving up to an I7 6820hk, gtx1070 with 120hz gsync display, 32 GB  ddr4 2400mhz ram. 512 ssd and 1tb 7k rpm hdd So you could see my excitement in getting the new monster, beast, hero class, super death class star destroyer yeah? Well course you could! I was so over the moon with my new purchase i thought screw it, i just paid £2.5k i might as well pay the nearly £20 for fast delivery. At nearly 27 hours later it arrived (yes i was counting lol). My eyes lite up, i went into immediate 5 year old kid mode as i ripped the bag from around it, got rid of that first box to display that wonderful picture of my new super beast, i then took a moment as i stroked her outer box :D. I then went into surgical mode and opened the box like i was doing open heart surgery on my child (as much as someone with no open heart surgery training could do :D), gently pulled off her sleaves to guess what? You guessed it! A super beast! And it was sitting in my man child hands, i took another moment as i felt around my sexy ass laptop as my eyes turned into sausers as gods heaven rays shinned down upon her, i turned her a little to the left, a little bit two the right, turned her over to see them wonderful grills and insides to finally lift that screen up..... Ohhh yeah, i was so excited, plugged her in, powered her up, while running my fingers over her keys, feeling them exhausts up on the sides and back... "yeah thats good aint it!", i thought to myself. While still blinded by god rays i installed my first game World of Warcraft, i couldnt wait to finally have my pet run behind me rather than in front of me, no more lag from bad graphics that cant even handle WoW and coupled with my new 72mb broadband i would soon be well on my way destroying in pvp and gaining my god like powers back, finally i had a machine worthy of my skills!!! Erm or not!! After install of WoW logged in and bang crash, "ahh what the **** i thought!" Ok maybe it was just one of them things, logged in for about 3 minutes, bang another crash. I done this over and over, changing graphics settings, power settings etc, nothing helped at the time and over the next 2 weeks i was up all over the WoW forums trying every possible solution known to human kind. In the end i landed up getting a max play time of about an hour, but to be honest i think it was just luck i got that long and no solution had worked even slightly. So with all the complaints on wow forums about crashes and disconnects etc, i thought it must be WoW thing that aint working right since new expan or patch and if thats the case im unsubbed until they fix it, (by which time im pretty heart broken by not being able to play my 11 year crush on my new beast with upgraded internet from 16mb), but i thought oh well i have a beast ill finally be able to play loads of graphics intensive games! Installed steam and bought the game fallout 4 as i liked the end of world type thing and it being open world and all i thought yeah man. Well that installed fine and played fine and i was a happy boy, i thought god dam it WoW sort your shiz nit out so i can get playing again, but i was happy for the next month until....   nah i just got board, it didnt crash, but i did install Witcher 3, Deus x MD, MGS, Skyrim, Batman AK and tomb raider (Thank you for being so understanding steam) and the only one of them ones that didnt crash after 5/10 minutes was tomb raider, but it would crash after anything from 1/6 hours. Now i get fallout maybe not crashing because its not as intensive maybe as others (was playing that all maxed out settings at 55c), and on tomb raider i was playing with all settings maxed out hair works the lot, temps were 65c with custom fan curve), but the crash in tomb raider was the same as all the other crashes and please remember i was trying all these games at different graphics settings, power lvls comfort, sport, turbo etc and nothing helped. With all this happening, its safe to say ive installed windows in every conceiveable way now about 11 times, ive installed all drivers in order off msi support page, ive undated any visual cc package, ive looked into directx errors and tried any fix, ive installed in normal and safe modes over different installs, ive installed newer drivers, ive uninstalled drivers, ive checked system for errors, ive underclocked cpu, ive underclocked gpu, ive done Tdrdelay and TdrLevel reg stuff, i stopped windows updating any msi drivers, i started looking into group policy stuff (oh my days like really), ive searched and searched and searched for so many hours and now a good couple of weeks reading differnet things to do with, swap chain failed errors, device removed errors, application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware errors, display driver has stopped responding errors and then at points including the last few days ive thought i was on to something where i spent 30 hours nose to internet only to be dissapointed with all the results and the crash still happening. I paid £2.5K for this? Are you (INSERT WORDS)? This is a grand more than i paid for my sofa and i have these problems with a brand new laptop thats ment to eat Apples, predators and aliens for breakfast because its a ermmm omnivore? Really?? Ive never been so dissappointed with a laptop ever in my life, i really feel like my £500 lappie worked better...... nah not really when its working its full on beast mode, it ate tomb raider like it was nothing, but being able to play 2 out of 7 games that has to indicate a major problem. But..... and heres the but it, passes nearly every benchmark.... heaven, valley, firestrike extreme, firestrike, timespy, all pass with flying colors (search on 3d mark lappy specs and my name, you will see loads of results from me, loads scoring high) and then skydiver happens and guess what? The same crash all over again is guess what!! I can repeat nearly every time without fail by letting the demo play first before the bench, if i skip the demo and go straight to the bench it passes the test, but its that same fail as in all the games making nearly everyone of them unplayable and BTW when i was benching temps never went over 56c and at the demo bit where it crashes temps aint even 40c. I dont think in any way its to do with temps either, i turned down fans on tomb raider at one point and let temps sat at 75c for about 3 hours and it was all fine. As i said im not here to ask for help, im now going to be going through to repair, as this is a major problem, makes this useless for gaming. And for my £2.5 something better be getting fixed. Hopefully this has a good result and ill keep anyone interested up to date, when ever that happens?? MSI??

JUST HAVE A GOOD LONG THINK ABOUT BUYING A GT73VR ANYTHING, i wish i bought the asus now.

Hope i made someone smile at the beginning, but i really was like that when i received it :D.... curves and God rays, curves and God rays :D

johnwilliams2022

• SERGEANT
Re: GT73vr 6re CRASHES ANYONE???
« Reply #1 on: 30-December-16, 18:25:04 »

hay buddy , let me say this .

your not alone ,i have the exact same laptop , well i did until it was collected today from saveonlaptops (got a feeling they will say it works when it dont) .

ive had mine since 3rd December and tried fixing it but nope still crashes on every single game even with updated drivers .

have a look on overclockers uk forum and look for MSI owners there is a couple of us on there with same laptop and one guy is on his 3rd or 4th replacement and his new replacement is holding up at the moment .

even a MSI rep states in my email that there is a problem with mine as i get lines down the screen when it crashes

send a message to neilreid@msi.com

he may help by replying and the more people with same problems as this the better as this needs to be a recall .

look here https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18758448&page=8

I was also getting black screen at start up too . it seems  the 1080 version dont do it . also when running benchmarks it dont crash as its not using the Nvidia drivers when running benchmarks .

my crashes are endless and some were bad where the system would just shut down .

Im Killswitch73 on the overclockers forum .. im willing to take a replacement but if it does it again (if i get a replacement and dont get fobbed off) i wont be buying MSI again .

also the windows anniversary update killed the F3 factory reset and now it wont even do that .

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #2 on: 31-December-16, 13:07:34 »

Hi there chap

Thanks very much for letting me know im not the only one having these problems, this whole situation with this constant crashing and what ive done to try and sort it has been driving me crazy for weeks.
I filled out form for RMA so hopefully they will be in contact with me over the next few days. Funny though i also got mine from saveonlaptops, makes me think not only a load being faulty, but also saveonlaptops getting a complete faulty batch, i also noticed on another post someone with the same model also bought from saveonlaptops.
Dam you might find you get another broke one chap if its coming from there, i hope they got a different batch. Hopefully they have working ones and hopefully i wont get fobbed off with this either, because if they dont stress card, its proberly gonna pass their tests and if i get the same one back and nothing has been done to it, its going back straight away, i wont even leave it a day. Im not going to be mugged off on £2.5k. MSI needs to hold their hands up, because if broken laptops are passing tests before they go out, they really need to sort something, because thats some bad quility control. Gonna take a look back over on overclockers on the matter i think (cheers for the link by the way chap), Oh and i emailed neil at MSI (thanks again for that as well), for now he is on holiday, but might hear something back sometime after the 3rd. Its harsh so many people are getting broken bits of kit, but at least it brings me a bit of comfort knowing im not the only one facing so many crashes.

Keep me updated, ill keep posting back here and hopefully we end up with working machines. fingers crossed.

take care man

alexzannder

• CORPORAL
« Reply #3 on: 31-December-16, 13:24:10 »

I feel your pain, unfortunately I think I'm having the same issues with my new one. I'm personally writing down crash reports of each game, trying to find a common point, but nothing seems to be failing games just close.

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #4 on: 31-December-16, 13:36:23 »

Send it back chap, there is no fix, ive done them all i swear and thanks to johnwilliams i found out there are loads of people plagued by these constant crashes. With how many that are reporting problems MSI cant be letting this slide to much longer. The best i can ever give is to SEND THEM BACK!!

jcruizdealda

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #5 on: 01-January-17, 08:45:31 »

Hi everyone, first of all; Happy NEw year!

I bought a msi GT72VR 6re Dominator Pro Tobii with gtx 1070 and have the same issue when playing games (Total War: Warhammer, and End of world Vermintine for now) at the first 2 minits.

It crash like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6potoNZbRt0

In comentary, the owner says it´s the GPU overheated, (but i think is a poor optimization problem related with the GPU and the 120hz monitor).

OF course, next week i send it back, but I have solved the problem, and this work for me:

1º. Go to Nvidia Control Pannel: Change resolution to 60hz (customize it). If you cannot, first of all you need to go to 3D configuration and turn of Dinamic Super Resolution).

2º Next, limit your FPS for games (I use Nvidia Inspector and select the game i want to limit FPS). I put it in 59,7 fps.

Thats all, I dont need to change G Sync, this is activate and this works for me.

Of course this is NOT a permanent solution, i want a fix because a 2k Euros laptop can not afford to have issues like this.

I hope you find this useful.

Best regards from Spain, and sorry for my bad english!

alexzannder

• CORPORAL
« Reply #6 on: 01-January-17, 12:49:33 »

Thanks for the post, unfortunately, my crashes are nothing like in the video, and I do not have the 120MHz screen. My crashes are more of just the games closing for no apparent reason. I also can see from the monitors on my phone and computer, that  the GPU is not over heating (staying at a steady 70*C under load). I could be wrong, but I might have narrowed my down to the HDD, since the games on my SSD don't seem to crash.

thanks for your input,  Hope your comment will help others!

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #7 on: 01-January-17, 13:29:50 »

hey there guys

Happy new year to all :)

Sorry you are experiencing problems also, unfortunately ive tried what you suggested before and it had no effect :( There isnt much i havent done to try and sort the problem, i really do believe something on this is broke or at least not working/performing how it should.

Alexzannder, for me it doesnt matter what drive i install a game on, same crashes all the time :(

hatandclogs41

• FIRST LIEUTENANT
« Reply #8 on: 02-January-17, 00:14:13 »

Has anyone performed a Clean Reinstall of Windows 10, Drivers and Applications?

You can Download Windows 10 directly from Microsoft for free, and you don't need to enter a Product Key as it's Embedded in the BIOS.

Windows 10 Download Link.

https://www.microsoft.com/software-download/windows10ISO

And use Diskpart from Windows Setup to Zero Fill Format the HDD, giving you a Clean HDD to Reinstall Windows 10 onto.

It's worth a shot folks.

alexzannder

• CORPORAL
« Reply #9 on: 02-January-17, 11:01:26 »

Has anyone performed a Clean Reinstall of Windows 10, Drivers and Applications?

You can Download Windows 10 directly from Microsoft for free, and you don't need to enter a Product Key as it's Embedded in the BIOS.

Windows 10 Download Link.

https://www.microsoft.com/software-download/windows10ISO

And use Diskpart from Windows Setup to Zero Fill Format the HDD, giving you a Clean HDD to Reinstall Windows 10 onto.

It's worth a shot folks.

Thanks for the advice, I've done reinstall of apps and drivers with no luck, not doing a complete clean install through Microsoft's website just because I have had some horror stories doing that.

As stupid as it may sound, my games seem to run fine (or at least better) when I run my fan over boost. Now, this seems weird to me because its not acting like the GPU is overheating, since games will just close with no typical issue with GPU over heating. I also find this strange because my monitor says that under load my GPU will only get to a max of 70-72*C (without fan boost on), which last I knew, was not bad for under load temps. Could the monitor be reading out the wrong temps?

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #10 on: 02-January-17, 13:22:33 »

hi there hatandclogs

Yeah thanks for the advice, i wont be doing any more reinstalls now though, just got my RMA number. I did do an install also with microsoft usb creation tool with no help, plus you must remember ive had this problem since day one when it came out of the box. But due to fallout 4 working (actually if i think about it that also did crash, but that was like tombraider, anything from 1/6 hours and all other games i mentioned would crash anything from seconds to 10 minutes)(modified bit i forgot to put here) i had forgot about the problem and didnt think i had a problem until i started installing other games to discover they were unplayable and resulting in hard restarts nearly every time. I even reinstalled before aniversary update and i can confirm that update had nothing to do with my problem, just like any g force experience, shadow play, xbox stuff, firewall and antivirus (windows and norton), any windows updates, sound drivers etc, administrator rights, nvidia (msi nvidia driver or off nvidia site), steam, battlenet (and even more i cant remember) had nothing to do with it either, i wish it was as simple as that id be quite happy then. But hey got that RMA number now so hopefully something gets fixed.

johnwilliams2022

• SERGEANT
« Reply #11 on: 02-January-17, 22:31:42 »

hi there hatandclogs

Yeah thanks for the advice, i wont be doing any more reinstalls now though, just got my RMA number. I did do an install also with microsoft usb creation tool with no help, plus you must remember ive had this problem since day one when it came out of the box. But due to fallout 4 working (actually if i think about it that also did crash, but that was like tombraider, anything from 1/6 hours and all other games i mentioned would crash anything from seconds to 10 minutes)(modified bit i forgot to put here) i had forgot about the problem and didnt think i had a problem until i started installing other games to discover they were unplayable and resulting in hard restarts nearly every time. I even reinstalled before aniversary update and i can confirm that update had nothing to do with my problem, just like any g force experience, shadow play, xbox stuff, firewall and antivirus (windows and norton), any windows updates, sound drivers etc, administrator rights, nvidia (msi nvidia driver or off nvidia site), steam, battlenet (and even more i cant remember) had nothing to do with it either, i wish it was as simple as that id be quite happy then. But hey got that RMA number now so hopefully something gets fixed.

Let me know how you get on with your RMA as both our machines came from same place and they have no more stock of the same machine and im not going to accept a send off repair to MSI just to have it back 5 weeks later unfixed !!!.. i will get finance cancelled and then re-order when new machines are announced next week.  i also don't think they are restocking the same laptop as when i google the laptop and go on savceonlaptops it says Currently Not Available.

sportkung

• CAPTAIN
« Reply #12 on: 03-January-17, 02:57:22 »

Hi Guys,

Could you help check the GPU frequency with these crashes?

I saw people mentioned that maximum of GTX1070 Boost Clock is 1645MHz.

jean-phillipe.andergassen

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #13 on: 03-January-17, 12:37:31 »

Another Point of view. in the german end user Forum we faced the same issue and found out that this occurs to the vbios of the 1070.

some of the GT72 User has crashes while playing games with black Screen and fall back to the Desktop.
Some of the Laptops has vbios 86.04.31.00.0D
we test my vbios version 86.04.2B.00.14 on a gt73vr and the issue was solved. maybe this will help you guys.
another user gets a new Mainboard.

hopefully this will help to solve the issue, when it is Needed i can provide the vbios i uploaded it to my OneDrive.

cheers,
jp

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #14 on: 03-January-17, 17:25:49 »

hi there guys

johnwilliams2022 man i wish i was lucky enough to be able to send back to saveonlaptops, i am concerned its going to be gone for weeks and nothing has been repaired, but who knows maybe they do  fix something (fingers crossed), ill keep you updated.

sportkung yeah ive had it crash under different loads etc and had the same happen when i downclocked the card. I had noticed the clock (no matter what power profile except turbo) was 1911mhz and 1999 in turbo, so i downclocked card so it wasnt going above 1645mhz and still had the crashes.

And besides if these cards cant handle that, then MSI really need to not clock them so hard!, because when people pay good money for a sweet piece of kit thats advertised at being overclocked etc they should make sure the system is full on stable in every way before going out, otherwise i feel thats pure false advertising and i want my money back. I mean thats like getting a lamborgini and putting a moddified bettle engine inside it and still calling it a lamborgini, it aint no lamborgini. I purchased this laptop because of its components and overclocked or not i expect them components to work as advertised, i didnt pay for these problems and i certainly dont expect to downclock anything what so ever at this price, i want it running at full on power even if i was playing sonic the hedgehog i except 9999 frames a second, you get me people? Point is i wanna be at max settings etc when im in games its why i bought it.

jean-phillipe.andergassen thats very interesting, that might be something i need to look into when i get my baby back if the problem persists. Hopefully something gets fixed though.

Will keep updated, take care guys

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #15 on: 03-January-17, 18:13:57 »

Hi again

jean-phillipe.andergassen just checked what vbios i have, seems i already have 86.4.2b.0.14 :(

Oh and i just need to ring UPS later today to arrange pick up for machine and it should be on its way by the end of the week hopefully. Oooo imma be bored, its just not the same doing things on a z5 compact :(

Will keep posted

johnwilliams2022

• SERGEANT
« Reply #16 on: 03-January-17, 18:29:42 »

Hi again

jean-phillipe.andergassen just checked what vbios i have, seems i already have 86.4.2b.0.14 :(

Oh and i just need to ring UPS later today to arrange pick up for machine and it should be on its way by the end of the week hopefully. Oooo imma be bored, its just not the same doing things on a z5 compact :(

Will keep posted

They arranged mine to be picked up by DPD and it was picked up on 30th but heard nothing yet . cant even track it with the collection receipt i have . 

I was within the 30 day DOA when i reported it to them . 

They dont fix the laptops they told me this in email and they just replace or refund if its in the 30 day window or they send back to MSI and can take 5 weeks if its past the 30 day DOA. dont expect it to be fixed if it goes back to MSI and you may get it back with bezels coming away from the screen like i read someones post on notebookreview.com and he was from the US and had to pay 60 dollors shipping poor sod .

to be fair though there is a lot of happy people with it on the Notebookreview forum , but it also seems the problems are in  the UK machines .

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #17 on: 03-January-17, 18:49:03 »

Oh god johnwilliams2022 now you have me worried its gonna come back with bezels off screen etc, my beast looks brand new, imma taking photos of it i think.

Just ran skydiver benchmark incase that vbios mysterously appeared on laptop and its some how fixed. It ran the demo after 2 crashes, but now it says score invalid, its not picking up no system info atall now and a not so good score of 30299.

I really want to love this machine but i have no clue whats going on with this now

johnwilliams2022

• SERGEANT
« Reply #18 on: 03-January-17, 21:11:00 »

Oh god johnwilliams2022 now you have me worried its gonna come back with bezels off screen etc, my beast looks brand new, imma taking photos of it i think.

Just ran skydiver benchmark incase that vbios mysterously appeared on laptop and its some how fixed. It ran the demo after 2 crashes, but now it says score invalid, its not picking up no system info atall now and a not so good score of 30299.

I really want to love this machine but i have no clue whats going on with this now

Take lots of photos and try and time stamp them , I time stamped mine with a pic of the sky sports news date and time as that can't be faked in any way and held up the laptop to the tv and took a few pics .

Pretyy sure though they should of arranged a collection with you .

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #19 on: 04-January-17, 14:11:25 »

Good idea with the photos and sky chap imma be doing that shortly i think. UPS Picks lappie up at 9am tomorrow. Where it then goes to poland? POLAND? I tell ya that better be the place they decide to hand out brand new ones from lol.
I really dont want to see this coming back with nothing done to it. Ooo had that wonderful message today, "Your pc had ran into problem and had to be restarted" message, (lovely blue screen with a sad smiley face is an understatement i swear!) so another thing that made me happy today....NOT!
Along with some factory installed programs, the only other programs i have on this is ccleaner, steam, 3d mark and valley since last clean install. So i would love to know what caused that, absolutely great! I swear it was the lappie kicking me one more time before it gets picked up tomorrow.
Im more than fingers crossed now on a fix, ive literally had enough of this pain in my ass now. Honestly this is the worst experience with an electric item in my life.

johnwilliams2022

• SERGEANT
« Reply #20 on: 04-January-17, 14:44:19 »

Good idea with the photos and sky chap imma be doing that shortly i think. UPS Picks lappie up at 9am tomorrow. Where it then goes to poland? POLAND? I tell ya that better be the place they decide to hand out brand new ones from lol.
I really dont want to see this coming back with nothing done to it. Ooo had that wonderful message today, "Your pc had ran into problem and had to be restarted" message, (lovely blue screen with a sad smiley face is an understatement i swear!) so another thing that made me happy today....NOT!
Along with some factory installed programs, the only other programs i have on this is ccleaner, steam, 3d mark and valley since last clean install. So i would love to know what caused that, absolutely great! I swear it was the lappie kicking me one more time before it gets picked up tomorrow.
Im more than fingers crossed now on a fix, ive literally had enough of this pain in my ass now. Honestly this is the worst experience with an electric item in my life.

Poland ? That's MSI service center mate . That's nothing to do with Saveonlaptops . They must of arranged it to be collected as it's over 30 days old . You won't be getting a new system it will be fixed and updated with either new motherboard or GPU or both .msi don't give out new laptops that's for sure . You wot see that now for about 3-5 weeks and you will get dodgy emails saying that they have fixed hard drives or , they have fixed the loose pokamon inside her screen hahahha , I'm being Serious though they will fix something that's not broke and break something else . Good luck with that as I wouldn't stand for that and would phone the retailer and ask why it's being sent to MSI .also there is an msi service center in U.K. So god knows why it's being sent to Poland .

johnwilliams2022

• SERGEANT
« Reply #21 on: 04-January-17, 14:46:14 »

I've still not heard from retailer yet if mine had arrived and will phone them tomorrow as I'm not accepting mine to be fixed and want either a direct replacement or refund .

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #22 on: 04-January-17, 15:05:33 »

Yeah ive had my lappie since september chap (been trying to sort this out for months) but god knows why its going poland i filled out uk rma form. Im really concerned something is gonna get screwed up even more now, i literally have no confidence in MSI. Yeah id straight up get my money back if i was within 30 days. /SIGH.

seapahn

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #23 on: 04-January-17, 17:38:11 »

Hi everyone, first of all; Happy NEw year!

I bought a msi GT72VR 6re Dominator Pro Tobii with gtx 1070 and have the same issue when playing games (Total War: Warhammer, and End of world Vermintine for now) at the first 2 minits.

It crash like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6potoNZbRt0

Thanks for posting the video!  That's exactly the crash I get. I only play Rocket League so wasn't sure if it happens in other games.   Mine is pretty stock GT73VR with gtx 1070 running with 120fps @120hz.   Temps are below 60 degrees. Sometimes this doesn't happen for hours. Sometimes it happens within the first hour of playing and then it'll happen every few minutes.

Whenever this happens, the following shows up in the windows event viewer logs (administrative events) as a Warning:

"Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered."

SAiLO

• SECOND LIEUTENANT
« Reply #24 on: 05-January-17, 06:03:56 »

Sounds like a bad unit. Can you still return it? If not you should raise an RMA with MSI.
GT73VR 6RF TITAN PRO 
SOLD: GT72S 6QF DRAGON G 29TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION - i7-6820HK, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 512GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 8GB GTX 980 
SOLD: GT72 2QE i7-4710, 32GB DDR3 RAM, 512 GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 8GB GTX 980M

alexzannder

• CORPORAL
« Reply #25 on: 05-January-17, 10:20:58 »

This may sound like a stupid fix, but for me it worked. I noticed that when I had my fan boost on, my games would crash less/ if at all (although I felt this was weird, since my loaded temp with default fan was only 70*c for my gpu and less than that for my CPU). On default the max the GPU fan was going on was 59% when temperature was in the yellow and no increases after that, I readjusted the curve so that on the hottest point I could change (yellow) the fan was running 80-90%, which still gives me some room for my fan boost button if need, I also turned up CPU fan slightly, but not nearly as much. My next step is to contact MSI and see if the computer censor is off and the card is actually over heating and not stating at 70*C like it says it is. keep y'all posted

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #26 on: 05-January-17, 14:24:58 »

Hi guys

Alexannder mmm cards actually over heating, maybe, ya never know chap? My custom curve at 55c on gpu was @ 3600rpm, so fans going quite fast. But I must say you do get familiar with the temps coming out the sides. And with mine I was getting crashes at less than 40c as my lowest temps, so I'm not sure that was my problem, plus nearly always my custom fan curve would be running as I like to keep things at a nice temp.

Well machine went off today at 11am for its wonderful voyage to Poland. Let's see what happens, says it will be gone for 3 weeks, I'm not sure about that one though.

Hopefully I hear something in the next week/week and a half so I can have an idea of what's going on with it.

Will keep updated.

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #27 on: 11-January-17, 09:25:52 »

Update

Machine arrived at msi warehouse in Poland today, still don't know why Poland, but oh well. They say it will be checked in, in the next 24 hours. Going fast at the moment, feels like im hanging in suspence now, interested to find out what was wrong with it.

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #28 on: 17-January-17, 05:38:35 »

Update

I asked msi about repairs that happened before laptop arrived at the door, this is copy and paste of what they said...

Dear Customer,
We help you update  VGA card and test OK, than, Please help to confirm the unit.

So by that they just reinstalled drivers I take it? The same thing I done with DDU 50 plus times over 11 plus installs in safe mode etc? This better be some joke. So MSI used their magic hands to install nvidia drivers and it has stopped all my crashes I'm receiving in every single game huh? Very highly doubt it!!

You know I picked msi because I thought they were the best and I really do think that, but as my first purchase of MSI anything (also happening to be the most expensive electric product I've ever purchased I'm my life), I thought some how spending so much money got me some sweet service also, I think I'm in [INSERT WORD] KOO, COO land or something?!?!?! What the [INSERT WORD]!!

Don't get me wrong, the laptop flew to Poland like it had a rocket strapped to it, it got their fast, really fast and it seems to be coming back fast also (should get machine today/tomorrow). But I'm really, really hoping something other than 'update VGA' has happened. Otherwise the problem will still be their!!

When I get the machine back, I place money on it, that if installing drivers is all they done, I'll repeat the crash within minutes of downloading 3d mark and then again after I download Wow.

I really don't know what else to say.... I'm so gutted right now..... I guess I just need to test it when it gets here and prey something else has actually happened... So gutted...
/SIGH! And so not impressed!!

guiot.lucas

• SERGEANT
« Reply #29 on: 17-January-17, 06:19:57 »

Same for me... Crash with GTA V, The Division, Just Cause 3, The Witcher 3, Dying Light, BF1.
But I find a solution 2 days ago to play witout crashes, I launch "nvidia profile inspector" with all the settings by default before (important), and I check the game I want to play in the list, and click "apply change", without any modifications (just put max fps to 60.7). 
No more crashes after in all my games (but I feel that the gpu have less power).
Tell me if that work for you.

kirkov_alex

• SERGEANT
« Reply #30 on: 17-January-17, 07:28:52 »

Problem is not only for GT73VR. i have GT72VR with GTX1070.
had that problem with Division, Warhammer: End Times, Killing Floor 2, Battlefields and Wolfenstein.
Sent it to Service center.

resetup of drivers won't fix it. In my situation - 100%. there are problems with VRAM. i found it in msinfo32.
Change of Videocard can help. if new videocard won't have the same problem.

seapahn

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #31 on: 21-January-17, 02:50:10 »

Conclusion of my GT73VR nvidia (1070) crashes:  It went back to MSI support and after a bunch of testing, they reflashed the VBIOS (according to the tech's report).  It doesn't look like they ever opened it up so whatever they did, seems to have been firmware/bios.   I've had it up and running for a good 6 hours today after getting it back and so far, no crashes.

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #32 on: 21-January-17, 07:15:07 »

Update

Well got machine back yesterday, been testing straight for bare hours now and I think I need to eat my words a little bit, just a little bit though as there is bad that comes with all this.

Machine is not crashing atall now, it seems they have updated vbios like they did with  Seapahn's. On mine though I think they might of opened it up, as I see a new sticker over the old one, so maybe?

I've tested with 3d mark and am no longer getting the crash in skydiver or either of the 2 games I've installed, World of Warcraft and the witcher 3 (two of the games that were crashing within minutes). YAY!

But....
In comfort and sport mode there is no boost clock whatsoever! Max clock in them modes are 1445mhz (no boost clock speed) and it stays at 1445mhz even in turbo mode. The only way of getting the full 1645mhz is by moving the slider fully to the right in the oc part of turbo mode!

SO I REPEAT, CLOCKS STAY AT AND GO NO HIGHER THAN 1445mhz COMPORT, SPORT AND TURBO, 1645mhz ONLY IN TURBO MODE WITH SLIDER PLUS 200mhz TO ACHIEVE FULL CLOCK SPEED!

Ok and now on to the not so happy parts of all this. 😠😬😠

Knock on the door, Machine turned up, YAY! No not no [INSERT WORD] YAY! Where as when I first got machine (in September) I was like all carefull, carefull doctor stylie with it when opening. Woooo....... completely different scenario here! I popped it on my sofa, straight away noticed through the plastic and through the box a hole (size of a penny), which fitted my index finger, oh [INSERT WORD!!!]. I tell ya I ripped the black plastic off so fast it turned back into crude oil. I then noticed the top corner of the box was crushed [INSERT WORD], so I quickly opened it to see if there was any damage, to which there wasn't any caused by whatever caused the hole in the box in the first place (lucky /sigh of relief!!!). So good yeah? No not [INSERT WORD] good! To my complete shock I noticed the whole bottom front of the machine all bowed downwards and all the front clips unclipped from chassis, which was most likely due to the drop that some [INSERT WORDS] :censored:  done!!!!. But with a bit of brute force it clipped back in which was another massive sigh of relief. I then turned it upside down where I then noticed the centre back air intake grill caked in dust. I would of never have thought in a million years that this prestigious company would allow such filthy conditions! It was that bad the only ways of explaning it is it was either in a really, really dusty/dirty area/place or it went to a wood yard to be tested! Honestly it was that bad!

SO to the conditions in which my laptop was tested and UPS dropping it, I PRAY THAT IT NEVER HAS TO GO OFF FOR REPAIRS TO MSI POLAND AGAIN. I'd hope other repair centres have better conditions! This one, this time definitely didn't!

Now I love my machine I really do, it's a beast and I'm over the moon that it doesn't crash anymore. But with everything that has happened from buying an expensive system and having problems with said expensive system, from me not getting a system now that I payed for (as over clocking was a big selling point for me on cpu and gpu), to the conditions in which system was tested and it being dropped by some SUPER [INSERT WORD] SPECIAL PERSON in whatever part of handling, I've learnt two things from all this.....

First I will never by a new out model of any machine for at least a year after its been released, in hope of any problems being ironed out.

Second I can honestly say I'll never buy MSI ever again.

P.S Others have different experiences, and some don't, for me it has been nothing but bad and I mean no disrespect to MSI fans, but this is the first and last £2.5k I spend with them. Asus for me next Time!

Take care all

ratto.michel

• SERGEANT
« Reply #33 on: 21-January-17, 11:23:28 »

Conclusion of my GT73VR nvidia (1070) crashes:  It went back to MSI support and after a bunch of testing, they reflashed the VBIOS (according to the tech's report).  It doesn't look like they ever opened it up so whatever they did, seems to have been firmware/bios.   I've had it up and running for a good 6 hours today after getting it back and so far, no crashes.

Ok, what your current vbios version and what is your max core clock now? I think they just flashed an older one.

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #34 on: 22-January-17, 01:01:01 »

Yet another update

If it couldnt get any worse, i switched to intel grahics earlier when i had it on battery (where ive also noticed a blue bleed on the left side and bottom of laptop, :censored: GREAT!!), later i switched back to dedicated gpu, guess what? A :censored: black screen nothing on it whatsoever!!! NOTHING!!!!!!!!! I THEN SPENT THE NEXT 3 :censored: HOURS PUSHING THE GPU SWITCH BUTTON AND CLICKING THE MOUSE TRYING TO FIND THE OK BOX JUST TO GET BACK TO INTEL GRAPHICS!!!!! RARRRRRR!! When i switched graphics ALL display was gone, couldnt see anything complete black (not ever back lit black!!), literally screen is completely off, hdmi not putting no signal through either, NOTHING JUST DEAD SCREEN ON DEDICATED GPU!!!!

I am so :censored: off you would not beleive. They sold me a :censored: machine, they tryed cheating me by just downclocking card with vbios, when infact something has been and is :censored: broke and they still just done their thing and palmed it off to me. Well done for taking me for a mug, no more.

You can :censored: give me a new machine or my £2.5k back. 

oh and give me some actual :censored: help rather than some robot :censored: crap

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #35 on: 22-January-17, 04:46:00 »

Update

Just heard a loud pop sound from laptop, think graphics card just blew, now under device manager with 'show hidden devices ticked' the card is not there any more!

Yep as i thought MSI patch something up, send it back to customer, where it then gains screen bleeding and bang goes the graphics card. Man i :censored: love this company LOL NOT!!!
 Is there anyway of actually being able to talk to one of these [INSERT LOADS OF WORDS HERE] at MSI? Or is the customer service really this bad?

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #36 on: 22-January-17, 10:26:54 »

Hi guys, just want to say sorry to anyone that has read this post of mine recently , I've been a bit angry. But after everything that has happened, I'm literally shocked,  at my so called repair, the condition it was returned and then that pop happening, gpu is no longer shown as of today, really disappointed with MSI.

Sorry for the hate though, I'm sure it's gonna get worse :(

simcity1227

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #37 on: 22-January-17, 16:52:20 »

This is a common problem of the first batch of GT73VR with GTX1070, also happened to my unit just received it few days ago. Is there anyone fixed the issue? I think the first batch of the GTX1070 is a fault batch.  As far as I know  the only way to solve this problem is to replace the old GTX1070 revision 1.0 to the second batch GTX1070 revision 1.2. Except this, I still think it's a good machine. I've already contacted the MSI, see what will happen next.

kirkov_alex

• SERGEANT
« Reply #38 on: 22-January-17, 17:18:27 »

This is a common problem of the first batch of GT73VR with GTX1070, also happened to my unit just received it few days ago. Is there anyone fixed the issue? I think the first batch of the GTX1070 is a fault batch.  As far as I know  the only way to solve this problem is to replace the old GTX1070 revision 1.0 to the second batch GTX1070 revision 1.2. Except this, I still think it's a good machine. I've already contacted the MSI, see what will happen next.

As far as i test it - problem in power limit. Game is failed, when power is becoming 1V or a bit higher.

simcity1227

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #39 on: 22-January-17, 17:23:21 »

As far as i test it - problem in power limit. Game is failed, when power is becoming 1V or a bit higher.
Yes, I saw some mentioned that, but we cannot do anything unless replacing a new card right?

kirkov_alex

• SERGEANT
« Reply #40 on: 22-January-17, 19:57:27 »

Well. part of fixes. If your game is failing with "Application was stopped" - set in your Dragon center Turbo mode for Shift. 
That mode resolve my problem with crash of Thief 2014. Power is not higher than 0.8V, FPS is stable 75 and temperature is not more than 60 C.

Problems with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_RESET is still present

simcity1227

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #41 on: 22-January-17, 21:02:18 »

Well. part of fixes. If your game is failing with "Application was stopped" - set in your Dragon center Turbo mode for Shift.
That mode resolve my problem with crash of Thief 2014. Power is not higher than 0.8V, FPS is stable 75 and temperature is not more than 60 C.

Problems with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_RESET is still present
Have your tried to contact MSI? They should do something, we aren't paying that much for an fault card.

kirkov_alex

• SERGEANT
« Reply #42 on: 22-January-17, 21:26:31 »

Have your tried to contact MSI? They should do something, we aren't paying that much for an fault card.
i got only standart answers like "try to revert driver", "try to reflush vbios", "try to underclock memory", "try to revert to factory settings". nothing special, that could help

seapahn

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #43 on: 23-January-17, 04:09:40 »

Ok, what your current vbios version and what is your max core clock now? I think they just flashed an older one.

VBIOS version 86.04.5B.00.82
graphics clock 1442 Mhz according to nvidia control panel
According to dragon center, gpu core clock is 139 Mhz

The file msi flashed was: 1W0V_N17E-G2_86.04.5B.00.82_GSYNC_FMAX_2885MHz.rom dated 12/13/2016

Not sure where I can check max core clock.

douzi_rami1

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #44 on: 24-January-17, 02:02:33 »

seaphn can u send me the bios file that MSI gave u ??!

tapa-rasa

• SERGEANT
« Reply #45 on: 25-January-17, 02:23:27 »

seaphn can u send me the bios file that MSI gave u ??!

I need it badly too) Plz
Большому дракону - большая торпеда

kirkov_alex

• SERGEANT
« Reply #46 on: 25-January-17, 04:32:37 »

Yesterday i tried to setup new version of NVidia driver.
I'm not sure, but seems that DXGI error is fixed, Battlefront and Warhammer End times did not crash. Problem with KF2 is fixed too.
Thief 2014 is crashing.
micro stutterings are present too.
Today will finish testing of behavior with that driver.

tapa-rasa

• SERGEANT
« Reply #47 on: 25-January-17, 05:29:14 »

Yesterday i tried to setup new version of NVidia driver.
I'm not sure, but seems that DXGI error is fixed, Battlefront and Warhammer End times did not crash. Problem with KF2 is fixed too.
Thief 2014 is crashing.
micro stutterings are present too.
Today will finish testing of behavior with that driver.

For my MSI it didnt help. Same problems. What VBIOS do you have?

kirkov_alex

• SERGEANT
« Reply #48 on: 25-January-17, 05:49:42 »

The only, that is present on msi-page for my laptop.

tapa-rasa

• SERGEANT
« Reply #49 on: 25-January-17, 06:00:41 »

I mean VBIOS not BIOS)
For Videocard, not for motherboard.
 There is no such on official support/download page.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up