Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Massive crashes while gaming on MSI GT62Vr  (Read 3373 times)

douzi_rami1Topic starter

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Massive crashes while gaming on MSI GT62Vr
« on: 21-January-17, 23:44:55 »

hello,
i have bought this pc 2 months ago.. firstly, i did not bother testing it for gaming, i was just using it as a mobile workstation, last 2 weeks, i tried to test it for gaming for many games.. ( rise of tomb raider, Ryse, Doom, Gears of war 4 ... ) all of them crashed after 2-3 min of gaming sometimes even whne i launch the game.. i investigated the problem on the internet reading all articles related to it, i tried every solution... i updated all drivers to lastest on the msi website, i did a clean install of win 10, i have done DDU clean install for nvidia driver. i even downclocked the Graphic card by 200 mhz .. BUT litteraly nothing changed.. i still have the crashes nothing changed; i even tried to uninstall dragon center,Killer wifi suite, disable many windows 10 services like update, superfetch.. is there any solution i can try -_- since i m done for from this laptop, worst experience ever.. MSI support gave me some 'stupid' tragedic answers that never help to solve anything ..
thanks in advance.

pralaimi

• SERGEANT
Re: Massive crashes while gaming on MSI GT62Vr
« Reply #1 on: 22-January-17, 01:49:20 »

Maybe it is defective? Do you tried to give back to warranty to check this pc?

matej.rostocky

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #2 on: 08-February-17, 02:57:16 »

Have you checked the Windows Event Viewer? Windows Logs > Application

guiot.lucas

• SERGEANT
« Reply #3 on: 09-February-17, 01:53:48 »

You have a lot of post with this problem on GT72 or 73 with gtx1070, the only working solution for now is to flash vbios 86.04.5B.00.82 (but this disabled boost mode, clock stay at 1445MHz)

https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=280126.98

korprus

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #4 on: 11-May-17, 13:26:39 »

I flashed the 86.04.5B.00.8A vbios from the above post on my GT62VR-6RE and can confirm it has fixed all my crashes. It also does not disable boost mode like the vbios ending in 82.

Here is the link i used:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B15_BuSjR26WV0NrbldGVzhlWnc/view

street

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #5 on: 17-May-17, 21:15:31 »

I flashed the 86.04.5B.00.8A vbios from the above post on my GT62VR-6RE and can confirm it has fixed all my crashes. It also does not disable boost mode like the vbios ending in 82.

Here is the link i used:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B15_BuSjR26WV0NrbldGVzhlWnc/view

For those with chinese vbios 1650mhz, your graphics card was designed to reach 1900mhz with default boost mode.

Dont accept that solution to fix your 2000€ laptop, we need to show that we are not happy with this situation.

"The render test of GPU-Z was executed with up to 1900 MHz in the case of the GT62VR"

https://www.notebookcheck.net/MSI-GT62VR-6RE-Dominator-Pro-Notebook-Review.171215.0.html

Nvidia "only" advertises a Turbo range of 1443-1645 MHz, but the chip can reach up to 1900 MHz (GPU-Z Render test)

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Alienware-15-R3-Notebook-Review.196584.0.html

fermsilvapp

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #6 on: 10-August-17, 07:45:25 »

This bios 8A solved my problem. But it is unbelievable how msi support is failed. Within five days I opened a complaint and did not review it.  :/

elmauro_92

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #7 on: 25-August-17, 07:51:44 »

What is the process to install the Bios 8A.
I recently got an MSI GT72vr 7RD and I have problems that it does not start, it presents the problem of blue screen and it leaves in the BIOS recovery ROM Image is not loaded * ROM image update denied.
When using a usb bootable with windows 10 neither works, nor in UEFI or Legacy
What could I do?
The factory reset also does not work.

elmauro_92

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #8 on: 25-August-17, 08:06:39 »

This bios 8A solved my problem. But it is unbelievable how msi support is failed. Within five days I opened a complaint and did not review it.  :
Could you help me with the process to install this Bios ??

I recently got an MSI GT72vr 7RD and I have problems that it does not start, it presents the problem of blue screen and it leaves in the BIOS recovery ROM Image is not loaded * ROM image update denied.
Pages: [1]   Go Up