Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Advanced search    

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: cooling fan ALWAYS on  (Read 1910 times)

slamthedeckTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
cooling fan ALWAYS on
« on: 04-February-17, 01:04:38 »

Be gentle, this is my first post....
I have an older GP60 with a i7-4700MQ and an nVidia GT 740M. The fan is always on, and blowing loudly. I've done virus scans, I've disabled all but absolute necessary startup programs.
So a couple questions:
What temp should my CPU be running at?
Is there a maintenance manual somewhere?
Is this normal and I'm worried over nothing, or is there a bug of some kind?
Any help would be awesome.

Nidhoggr

• LIEUTENANT COLONEL
Re: cooling fan ALWAYS on
« Reply #1 on: 04-February-17, 12:34:41 »

Idle temps
Load temps?

Sayrus

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #2 on: 04-February-17, 16:14:36 »

I have been trying a lot of MSI laptops. Recently I had the exact same problem with a laptop that had fan on whereas the temperature was only around 30 Celsius. So I looked around and found a tool called Fan Profile Applier/Editor by Pherein. This software is available on the french msi forum so here is the link if you want to translate the thread (the soft itself is in English: https://forum-fr.msi.com/index.php?topic=3453.0).

I do think this is the normal behaviour on the laptops, especially gaming notebooks but if you know you are not going to overheat it then you may want to modify the default profile. The profile reset itself on reboot so you don't have to worry about any mistakes!

yu.chen.yang

• SERGEANT
« Reply #3 on: 06-February-17, 13:50:30 »

I have been trying a lot of MSI laptops. Recently I had the exact same problem with a laptop that had fan on whereas the temperature was only around 30 Celsius. So I looked around and found a tool called Fan Profile Applier/Editor by Pherein. This software is available on the french msi forum so here is the link if you want to translate the thread (the soft itself is in English: https://forum-fr.msi.com/index.php?topic=3453.0).

I do think this is the normal behaviour on the laptops, especially gaming notebooks but if you know you are not going to overheat it then you may want to modify the default profile. The profile reset itself on reboot so you don't have to worry about any mistakes!

Thank you for sharing this, I have the GL62 6QF and this didn't work for me :(

Sayrus

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #4 on: 06-February-17, 16:00:36 »

Thank you for sharing this, I have the GL62 6QF and this didn't work for me :(
You should try MSI Afterburner or SpeedFan to see if you can control your fan on yours, if you can then I should be able to create you a profile to manage your fans.

yu.chen.yang

• SERGEANT
« Reply #5 on: 06-February-17, 17:09:30 »

You should try MSI Afterburner or SpeedFan to see if you can control your fan on yours, if you can then I should be able to create you a profile to manage your fans.

Tried both, don't think I can control the fans. Thank you though :)

zipper

• MAJOR
« Reply #6 on: 07-February-17, 03:03:35 »

They two never worked with laptops. But have you tried Silent Option or Dragon Center (not Gaming) ? Dragon Center happens to work with my old GT70 0NE.

yu.chen.yang

• SERGEANT
« Reply #7 on: 07-February-17, 13:02:46 »

They two never worked with laptops. But have you tried Silent Option or Dragon Center (not Gaming) ? Dragon Center happens to work with my old GT70 0NE.

I did tried both, but both didn't work. They do work in specific ways, I can turn my fan to full boost or turn off the fan which it will turn back on until CPU hits 50 degree and turn off when its cool down. Nothing in between.
Pages: [1]   Go Up