Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]   Go Down

Author Topic: AMD Ryzen memory support  (Read 268317 times)

darkhawk

• Global Moderator
  • Yes, that is a picture of me as the Bud Knight.
Re: AMD Ryzen memory support
« Reply #850 on: 30-April-20, 13:07:22 »

Hi All

thought i have a quick ask here before the RMA process.

I have an X570 Gaming plus and Ryzen 5 3600. 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 3200.

Sytem will only post with one module in B2. I've tried every bios available cleared the CMOS several times and also tried a friends Corsair Vengeance LPX 2133MHz with the same results. Only boot with one module in B2.

Is there anything i'm missing here?

Memory problems like this are pretty easy, but time consuming, to figure out.

1. CPU
2. CPU socket
3. Motherboard
4. memory socket
5. memory

If you're sure each stick of memory is good, then you can eliminate #5.
For #4, check the sockets with a magnifying glass to ensure that the 'finger' or pins aren't bent out of shape.
For #1, just check to ensure the CPU is OK underneath.
For #2, check to ensure the socket is OK. Most likely it is, since it's an actual socket and not pins (like an LGA socket).
For #3, it's basically if nothing else is wrong, that's probably the problem.

matakov

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #851 on: 14-May-20, 16:13:59 »

Hi guys!

I have a problem! Did not read all pages in this thread, because is long. Sorry!
The problem is slow memory write (G.Skill FlareX 2x8GB 3200 CL14) on MSI Gaming Edge WIFI. Memory is overclocked to 3600MHz. Please see the pictures:

Want to ask, why write speed is so slow? Read is double! What can I do?
Thanks! :)

matakov

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #852 on: 15-May-20, 05:45:18 »

You can see that older CPU's 1800X and 2700X have a much faster transfer. Hope somebody from MSI staff to help!

Nichrome

• Global Moderator
« Reply #853 on: 16-May-20, 16:48:09 »

Hi

You can see that older CPU's 1800X and 2700X have a much faster transfer. Hope somebody from MSI staff to help!
Remove OC from memory, and see how it behaves at 2133MHz.
As well as try setting it to 3200MHz as that's what the CPU supports.
Mind that higher frequencies does not always give better performance.
I only take responsibility for what I say, not for what you understand.  Any posts are my own views!

Errors are red, My screen is blue .I think I deleted, System32.
99% of issues would be solved if people would read the manual first.

capitan.harlook

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #854 on: 01-June-20, 03:10:05 »

Good morning, forgive me the bad English.
I have an MSI MEG X570 UNIFY, on which I have installed this RAM memory kit "G.skill F4-3600C16D-16GTZNC". I cannot start the PC if I activate the A-XMP setting in the BIOS. The settings proposed by the A-XMP profile correspond to those declared by G.skill (3600Mhz cl16 19-19-39) but the UNIFY gives me the debug code number 92 and the POST stops like this.
The slots used are a2 and b2, the processor is an X3900 and the BIOS is the latest official, that of April 2020.
Do you have any idea how to solve, do I make mistakes?
Thanks.

Chevalier Cheval

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #855 on: 02-June-20, 08:40:22 »

Hello,
I have a MSI B350 gaming plus with an AMD Ryzen 5 2600 and 32GB of RAM (GSkill Aegis 2x16Gb (f4-3000c16d-16gisb)).
I'm planning to buy another set of this RAM to have 64GB for some virtualization works.
Will this configuration worl without any problem (4x16GB sticks) ? I will NOT do any OC of any kind so the RAM can work at 2133 MHz (default parameters I have at the moment) but i would like to be sure my system will be stable.
Have a nice day

variableresults

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #856 on: 16-June-20, 23:49:29 »

Good morning, forgive me the bad English.
I have an MSI MEG X570 UNIFY, on which I have installed this RAM memory kit "G.skill F4-3600C16D-16GTZNC". I cannot start the PC if I activate the A-XMP setting in the BIOS. The settings proposed by the A-XMP profile correspond to those declared by G.skill (3600Mhz cl16 19-19-39) but the UNIFY gives me the debug code number 92 and the POST stops like this.
The slots used are a2 and b2, the processor is an X3900 and the BIOS is the latest official, that of April 2020.
Do you have any idea how to solve, do I make mistakes?
Thanks.

I tried a very similar SKU from G.Skill with the same timings on my X570 MEG ACE and it works fine with XMP in the BIOS (I used the 32GB dual rank kit, which should actually be less stable than 8GB single rank DIMMs).

What I would check is the voltage; when I switched from the CL16 ram to the CL14 Samsung B-die today, XMP set the correct speed and timing, but totally undervolted the RAM based on G.Skill's spec on their website. For your RAM it should be 1.35V, per G.skill. When I installed my CL14 32GB 3600mhz kit today it wouldn't boot until I found the auto setting had the voltage below G.Skill's posted 1.45V. Once I set it correctly I was able to boot no problem, and I even have it OCed to 3733 with an FCLK at 1867 for 1:1.

If fixing the DDR voltage doesn't work, set the ram speed to 2133mhz with the same timings and see if it boots. It's entirely possible you got a bad kit, but generally my experience with G.skill has been pretty positive, and I would point the fingers at the BIOS first. I do know my experience with the CL16 kit is that the SK.Hynix chips are a little more flaky than Samsung, but that's par for the course. I've run both a 3200mhz and 3600mhz dual-rank kits and both leave little room for overclocking; G.Skill bins these to the very edge of what they're capable of, which means everything has to be set properly for XMP to boot and be stable.

You can also try bumping the SOC voltage by .1V, but I would do that as a last resort as it shouldn't be necessary for the XMP profile to work.

In general I've found the "auto" settings to be a bit odd on these boards (this isn't isolated to MSI as almost all the X570 manufacturers totally mess up the stock voltages). Either it drastically overvolts (in the case of the CPU) or undervolts the DRAM (despite the XMP profile clearly stating what it should be). Check out the JayzTwoCents X570 overclocking video on YouTube for more details, albeit on an ASUS board.

variableresults

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #857 on: 20-June-20, 17:50:06 »

FYI for MEG ACE owners, avoid 1.92Beta at all costs if you overclock, at least with Samsung B-die. I tried 1.92Beta on my MEG ACE with a 3900x and F4-3600C14Q-32GTZNB RAM. Where I was stable at 3733 with 1867 FCLK on 1.8, I now can't get anything past the XMP profile settings even after rolling back to 1.8 (and 1.92 wasn't even stable with XMP). 

Avoid 1.92 Beta at all costs if you care about memory OC. It seems to have actually made memory compatibility worse, and I've seen another report on Overclockers.net other than myself stating that it's borked even after rolling back to 1.8. That is not cool.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]   Go Up