Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MSI X99A Gaming Pro Carbon not detecting Samsung 850 Pro SSD  (Read 588 times)

glenagrahamTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2

Hey All

Long time fan, first time owner and poster

Recently (a few days ago) purchased and built a new PC. based on i7 processor and MSI X99A mainboard

The problem is I have 3 hard drives out of my old system which are completely undetectable. Aside from the possibility that all three hard drives are dead (which is a real possibility), I'm wondering if there might be anything I'm missing or had a complete brain blank on ....

Setup as follows
- Windows 10
- Intel i7 6850K
- MSI X99A Gaming Pro Carbon Mainboard
- Samsung 960 Pro M.2 SSD
- GeForce GTX 670 (waiting for the MSI 1080TI Gaming x to be released :) )
- G.Skill RipJawsV DDR4 2133 8GB x 2

Once setup of Windows was complete, I went to connect my SATA hard drives from the old system and none of them were detected in the bios
- Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD
- 2TB and 3TB Western Digital (?) Drives (I think, I'll check when I get home)

I've tried this under both AHCI and IDE protocols (the two disk drives are a little long in the tooth) but still no dice

Last system died a horrible PSU related death and the MB was bricked as a result (dual bios both corrupted). Afraid that it might have taken my harddrives with it but wondering if anyone has some good troubleshooting tips

plutomate

• MAJOR GENERAL

the hdd should be detected under system status (bios) regardless of which sata mode you have, dead sata cable? dead hdd? forget to plug sata power cable? nothing else i can think of:think:

Svet

• T9246ED
  • Administrator

yes bad PSU can kill the HDD(s)

check and examine them physically for any burn signs,
also try to smell for any burn signs

- 2TB and 3TB Western Digital (?) Drives (I think, I'll check when I get home)

can you feel [hear or touch gently to catch its vibrations from rotations] if they are spinning?
if they didnt even spin, they are gone for sure
Pages: [1]   Go Up