Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Spare Battery for MSI VR One  (Read 3382 times)

slaurence1Topic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
Spare Battery for MSI VR One
« on: 22-December-16, 07:32:50 »

MSI VR One spare battery. I understood that all the MSI VR One units would be shipped with a spare battery and charging unit. Just bought mine and it has neither. Where is the spare battery? Cannot even find a place to buy a spare battery let alone a spate charger unit.  I bought the unit from the information I got from your website.

Yang

• AIO Moderator
Re: Spare Battery for MSI VR One
« Reply #1 on: 27-December-16, 18:30:38 »

Suggestion:
Post this question to notebook site.

HenryW

• GENERAL OF THE ARMY
« Reply #2 on: 28-December-16, 20:13:30 »

It should have 2 batteries already installed 1 on the left side and 1 on the right side, as such that's the 2 batteries it comes with. As far as AC adapter goes you should check with where you bought it in case it may have been removed from the package there.
Z77A-GD65/BIOS 10.5, i7 2700K
CPU cooler ~ Zalman CNPS9900ALED
Corsair Vengeance Pro 1600 4x4Gb
W 7 Home Premium x64/SP1
Corsair TX650W
300GB WD VelociRaptor 3000HLHX
600GB WD VelociRaptor 6000HLHX
Lite-On CD/DVD combo burner
MSI 560 HAWK, Drv. 368.82
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium

lindstrem

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #3 on: 30-December-16, 04:00:23 »

I just got mine and i didnt even open it... thinking of sending it back.
To whole point was to hot swap batteries but there are no accessories to be found for purchase.
My biggest question is currently: Can the VR ONE be operated with 1 single battery in order to hotswap it with the second?
Cause if i have to use both batteries at the same time, then the whole thing is pointless without additional two batteries and charging.
Oh and btw charging, thats the second question, is there no charging station included? If the batteries can not be charged externally then
why am i buying this at all? Please help for i really think that i may send it back...

jeff

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #4 on: 21-January-17, 15:03:25 »

This is a real problem for us.  We need a fleet of units and are now considering a different manufacturer or even making our own out of nvidia processors just so we can solve this problem.  Using it for an hour and then charging it for two hours before the next hour of use means that we will have to have 3 units for every 1 active station and have to swap units during a session which will negatively affect the exercise - and neither of those options will fly.  We don't need it to be pretty, we just need a way to put our hands on a fresh battery, swap it and charge the old one during the session with minimal interruption when a low voltage condition is sensed.

Is there any sense beyond "soon" when replacement batteries and external chargers might be available?

slaurence1Topic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #5 on: 24-January-17, 13:30:59 »

I guess the MSI VR One isn't really worth spending the money on as they can't even be bothered to answer this thread.  I must admit, I was thinking of not buying one because of the poor feedback MSI was given for there "support" Guess I should have stuck with my thoughts rather than my feelings!

talk3012

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #6 on: 30-January-17, 10:59:36 »

Currently it seems you have to contact MSI distributors directly in order to order spare batteries and chargers

slaurence1Topic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #7 on: 24-March-17, 01:57:19 »

Well they were supposed to be released on the 15th March. Have pre ordered mine but they haven't been able to stock it yet. MSI Support had got me a price for a battery but they wanted twice as much as amazon were going to charge. So 1 battery for the price of 2 from amazon. Doesn't make sense.  I cannot find them anywhere except on Amazon.  COME ON MSI FOR GOD SAKE!

jackywang

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: 31-March-17, 00:45:44 »

Suggestion:
Post this question to notebook site.

Hi there,
MSI doesn't sell the spare batteries and charger on the eTailor.
Please contact the local distributor or click the following link to leave your info to MSI. 
>>How to contact MSI.<<
:yes:
Pages: [1]   Go Up