Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The MSI X Gaming RX 480 8GB  (Read 743 times)

khalid.arkan2003Topic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
The MSI X Gaming RX 480 8GB
« on: 10-April-17, 19:55:32 »

The 8GB RX 480 is just a beast of a mid range graphics card. It can handle anything I throw at it, including GTA 5, Crysis 3, and Battlefield 1. I bought my RX 480 from a store called NCIX, and that store had some sort of thing going on with the RX 480 where you can get DOOM (2016) for free. Now, the real question. This or the GTX 1060? Well, since the RX 480 is usually faster when checked in benchmarks, has better support for DX 12 games, and has 2 more GB of VRAM (better futureproofing), I decided to go with the RX 480. Now I went with the MSI one specifically because: 1. It looked the coolest :P // 2: Better heat circulation // 3: Gotta get those RGB lights // 4: Best price to performance ratio I've seen so far when comparing this graphics card. Not to mention, but I got it for around $100 cheaper as it was on sale. Now, let's talk how it performs in games. So far, I've only played about 10 games, but here are the results on average (note that I'm using an i5 6600k and 8GB Kingston HyperX Fury RAM too):
DOOM: 120 FPS average on ultra settings
Rocket League: Well over 200 when uncapped, but I leave it at 144
PayDay 2: 150 FPS ish, drops down to 110 when too much starts going on.
Minecraft: 6 FPS (haha, just kidding)
Euro Truck Simulator 2: 144 FPS capped, I can't seem to find a way to let it go any higher than that, still need to try to find a way to get it higher than how much it already is
Just to let you dudes know, all of the benchmarks recorded before where all done on ultra (or max) settings) depending on the game. I will get Mafia 3 soon (MSI rewards boy) and I'll keep you guys updated on how the game runs, as I heard that it has crappy optimization when it comes to gaming on PC, but they should've released patches beforehand. I guess I'll just wait and see.
Thank you very much for reading what I have to say about the MSI X Gaming RX 480 8GB, and I hope to write more of these once I get the chance to pick up some new graphics cards.
Pages: [1]   Go Up