Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: MSI B350 PC MATE discussion thread  (Read 27348 times)

darkhawk

• Global Moderator
« Reply #50 on: 29-April-17, 12:45:59 »

I was talking about CPU frequency only. RAM will never change frequency and does not have Q&C.
 For the RAM it's clear, we need to wait for new microcode from AMD. MSI even if they list my RAM in QVL at 3200 it's basically the older version 4.xx with Samsung ICs, not the new one 5.xx with Hynix, that I have (so basically we are talking about to different models even if Corsair say it's the "same").

What I want to get, ideally, is a way to keep CPU OC to 3.8 but also have some down clock automatically controlled function for idle situation.   Even if it will nor decrease the voltage but at least it could decrees the multiplayer and you would still save energy and heat waist.

As has been discussed all over the internet....going into OC-mode disables quite a bit on the CPU. 
If you can't at least overclock to the maximum XFR frequency of a single core for your CPU, you're basically trading single core performance for multi-core performance.
See : https://forums.anandtech.com/threads/ryzen-strictly-technical.2500572/

As far as down-clocking, I'd say this is more a software issue (Windows/Linux) than a BIOS or motherboard issue.
See :https://www.amd.com/system/files/2017-03/AMD-Ryzen-Processor-and-AMD-Ryzen-Master-Overclocking-Users-Guide.pdf
Look at page : 13

If you disable cool'n'quiet, you disable ALL ability to downclock, even through software.
When you go into OC-mode, it is possible to go to lower pstates, but only when request through software.
What does this mean? Windows needs to request those lower pstates in order for it to go into them.

dziwisz101

• SERGEANT
« Reply #51 on: 29-April-17, 14:48:11 »

So if you are asking about overclocked CPU and you want also to have it's get lower when computer is doing nothing it just like i said up up^ At least it is the way it works for me with no problem. 
1 I have enabled  C&Q, Overclocked CPU by 3950mhz with manual vcore by 1,3625v, then 
2 i have drivers installed from AMD not MSI
You enable balanced energy plan in windows, and you can see then that in CPU-z it is automaticlly slowing down frequency in IDLE mode.
There is no difference much in voltage, it my configuration it idle its about 1,35 and when cpu is loaded it jumps to 1,360/1,368(for very shot times)

BTW if somebody reading this. When I got Phenom II 965 BE since about 4-5 years I could read that if you disable the all unnecessery CPU featuers in BIOS like C&Q, virtualization etc. your OC on CPU will be more stable, or this options can destabilze you OC, I always was doing that and after oc tryed to again enable this options and i have never got any problems after that and the same applies with OC'ed Ryzen in my opinion ofcourse. So I belive that that's all the myth, and it's rather not worth to disable this option in first place.
AMD Ryzen 5 1600X@3950MHz & 1,375v
MSI B350 PC MATE
G.Skill Ripjaws V 8GB 3600@3333MHz 1.16,16,16,36 DRAM 1,35v SOC 1,0v samsung E-die
Sapphire RX 580 PULSE OC core 1405mhz +18mv, ram 2150mhz
SilentiumPC Grandis 2 XE1436
WD Red 1TB, Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500gb
Be Quiet! Pure Power 9 600W CM
SilentiumPC Aquarius X70W 3x Noctua nf-p12, 2x Fractal venturi hf-14
Razer Abyssus 2014 + Logitech Prodigy G213
Windows 10 Prof. 64bit

ildotoressTopic starter

• SERGEANT
« Reply #52 on: 29-April-17, 17:19:01 »

Thanks for the details darkhawk, that was a good and informative read (and still ongoing).

@dziwisz101
Well you are describing my exact setup that I am running now (with slight value adjustments but same options):
-CPU: 3800
-CPU Voltage: 1.250V
-NB Voltage: 1.050V
-Bost Core: Disabled
-C&Q: Enabled
What might be different is RAM in Try-it: 2933@14-16-16-36 and 1.36V, but this does not influence the CPU idling down.

Now, I only installed the AMD drivers launched two days ago that include the AMD Balanced plan. There is no more "normal" Balanced plan available.
Running it like this there is basically no change in frequency what so ever. It's glued to 3800 no matter of the load, if any.

I don't understand why it behaves differently than yours.
« Last Edit: 30-April-17, 02:40:23 by ildotoress »

dziwisz101

• SERGEANT
« Reply #53 on: 29-April-17, 21:56:12 »

You know, after my experience with computers there can be 1000 possibilitis in fact :). But to exclude some of them, in my opinion you must check the basics. First I would check if this isn"t just the problem with the system, like there is maybe some program, process, antyvirus or anything, becouse there is possibilty that something is using your CPU whole the time, try to check with windows build in program the Resource Monitor if something is using CPU, or maybe task menager will be enough. Secend thing that come to my mind is that there can be some bug with for example your latest drivers, I mean I am still using the drivers I downloaded about 12/13.04.17 maybe your latest AMD drivers have some kind of bug like the latest MSI command center that freeze at startup ;).  You can try also to disable all CPU featuers in BIOS exept C&Q and multithreading. Or last thing, Which Windows version you are using? Maybe the problem is that for example you are not using 10 as me now.
BTW i have my RAM manually set for now with 1.35v, 2666mhz, 14.13.13.28 timings-smth like that, becouse as I remeber the BIOS's memory try setting has too loose timings.
MSI B350 PC MATE
G.Skill Ripjaws V 8GB 3600@3333MHz 1.16,16,16,36 DRAM 1,35v SOC 1,0v samsung E-die
Windows 10 Prof. 64bit

ildotoressTopic starter

• SERGEANT
« Reply #54 on: 30-April-17, 08:09:46 »

I am using Win 10 1703 with latest updates.
There is no load in idle, like 0.4% max.
Will need to do more investigation.

Maybe some other users can share their observations on this too.

PS. I found the orginal Win10 Balanced plan (not the AMD one) but still no change.

ildotoressTopic starter

• SERGEANT
« Reply #55 on: 30-April-17, 16:19:40 »

Hi,

I guess I figured it out partially.
The new Ryzen Balanced plan is more similar to Performance. Meaning that there is no more core parking and the minimum processor state is now 90%. Basically this prevent the CPU from going to P1 or P2 from P0 (which is full power).
What can be done is to keep this so that you avoid core parking and avoid any performance hit, but edit the minimum CPU state from 90% to what ever you like.
I used 20% and now it stays at 100x15.5=1550MHz in idle.
The voltage is stable at the value set in BIOS: 1.250V with drop of 0.010v= 1.240

Every time you use even one thread at 100% all cores will go to 100% (as there is no more core parking).

These are my current observations. Please feel free to share yours.
« Last Edit: 01-May-17, 01:06:00 by ildotoress »

luinator

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #56 on: 30-April-17, 17:48:35 »

Hi,

i also got the B350 PC MATE along with the Ryzen 5 1600, but my CPU voltage and VID seems to be way too high (1.376V at idle). I have all settings on Auto/Default, except for the memory.

When I'm using the Ryzen Balanced power plan, the VID also is set to 1.550. Is this just a reading error?

System:
AMD Ryzen 5 1600
MSI B350 PC Mate, BIOS 7A34vA3
ADATA XPG 16 GB 2400MHz @ 2993, 1.36V
Windows 10
PSU: Be Quiet! Straight Power 10 400W

Edit: With Windows Balanced power plan everything seems fine, but total power consumption is only 4 watts lower. I'll still stick to that for now.
I also noticed some buzzing noises coming out of my speakers when on the Ryzen power plan, how is that even possible? It disappears when switching to the Windows power plan.
« Last Edit: 01-May-17, 01:14:49 by luinator »

darkhawk

• Global Moderator
« Reply #57 on: 30-April-17, 18:05:06 »

I wouldn't worry about VID too much. It's basically the minimum voltage needed to make the CPU work on any (even a very very poor) motherboard, if I remember correctly.

bigbluecloud

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #58 on: 01-May-17, 05:38:31 »

Just an FYI for people keeping an eye on this discussion.

Came back from not using my PC for a few days, got the same boot loop issue again. Rolling back to BIOS version A1. Seems I spoke too soon about that issue being fixed. Pretty sure I had tested a cold startup, but I guess not.

dziwisz101

• SERGEANT
« Reply #59 on: 03-May-17, 21:07:08 »

Quick update about MSI command center 3.0.0.20. It's strange but it works just fine after PC restart, only on the same session as instalation it freeze.
MSI B350 PC MATE
Windows 10 Prof. 64bit

erolozyagci

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #60 on: 04-May-17, 10:12:25 »

I tried to up date my MB's bios with live up date app. today. After it complated the flushing, pc resetted but couldn't load the bios. I think i am in trouble now. Unplugged the bios battery and waiting for a while. I am not if this will solve the problem. İf anyone have an idea, please help. Kind Regards.

darkhawk

• Global Moderator
« Reply #61 on: 04-May-17, 10:32:35 »

Well.....

As I've said many times to many people....the MSI Live Update app is great in theory, but somewhat poorly executed. 
I don't trust any app to automatically update my BIOS on any system. Rarely do I find that they work well.
So here's my recommendation. You'll probably have to either send the board in for an RMA or flash it with an SPI programmer of some kind. I won't get into detail about the SPI programmer, simply because it's long-winded and I'm going to assume you won't have the technical expertise to do it.
If you want to RMA the board, see : >>How to contact MSI.<<

The other part of this is I would uninstall MSI Live Update. Realistically, you're not going to be updating most of the drivers often. Once it 'works', I'd leave it alone until it doesn't work for whatever reason. The only driver that really ever needs to get updated is your GPU driver. And most gamers are pretty used to updating that manually (or through their included updaters) at this point. The GPU is basically the only critical driver that you should need to update.

As far as BIOS? MFlash is much safer, and we provide BETA BIOS's here via the beta bios thread for AM4 platforms.

ildotoressTopic starter

• SERGEANT
« Reply #62 on: 04-May-17, 11:28:20 »

If your BIOS flash failed you can attempt to recover it if you know the previous version that was on your system (right before you went through the process that failed).
You will need to format a USB stick to FAT32, copy on it that "prior working" BIOS and boot the PC with it. It should give you a recover message.
I don;t have direct hands on experience as it did not occur to me, but you can google around and find multiple threads on this.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, one update on my Power plan settings.
After installing HWinfo I found out that the frequency scaling is not on all cores tied together, as I assumed wrongly based on CPU-Z observation. In fact the core that is working will go to full speed but this core is not bound, meaning that the core that goes to full speed jumps around randomly from core to core.
I guess that is the way it was designed to work...

I do have a new issue now:  My Post is defaulting to my TV connected by HDMI instead of my monitor connected to DVI.
Why is this? It's completely illogical. Only monitors have DVI, not TVs. TVs are in general on HDMI. It should be by default to DVI is DVI is connected and active.
Does anyone know how I could change this? (I don't want to unplug the HDMI cable each time I need to go into BIOS as it's absurd)

darkhawk

• Global Moderator
« Reply #63 on: 04-May-17, 13:16:26 »

Usually it's a function of the GPU and how it's setup to initialize the ports on the card.
I believe that normally DP > HDMI > DVI > VGA, but I'm not 100% certain on that order.

You could try disconnecting the HDMI, booting with just the DVI once or twice, then connecting the HDMI and seeing if that helps resolve the issue.

ildotoressTopic starter

• SERGEANT
« Reply #64 on: 04-May-17, 13:36:08 »

I already did that. No success, every time I connect the HDMI it goes to the TV.

The funny thing is that the Video card is also MSI, a GTX 1060 Armor OCV1. :)
And it did not do this until I changed the MB. I had it for several months prior to this, and used it with the exact same connections and previous MB: Gigabyte 970. 
So it's the new MSI MB that triggered this behavior not the Vcard.

PS. it should default to DP->DVI->HDMI->VGA. DVI is only for monitors and it doesn't exist on TVs, HDMI is for TVs so it should be lower in the priority.

erolozyagci

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #65 on: 05-May-17, 11:24:42 »

Well.....

As I've said many times to many people....the MSI Live Update app is great in theory, but somewhat poorly executed.
I don't trust any app to automatically update my BIOS on any system. Rarely do I find that they work well.
So here's my recommendation. You'll probably have to either send the board in for an RMA or flash it with an SPI programmer of some kind. I won't get into detail about the SPI programmer, simply because it's long-winded and I'm going to assume you won't have the technical expertise to do it.
If you want to RMA the board, see : >>How to contact MSI.<<

The other part of this is I would uninstall MSI Live Update. Realistically, you're not going to be updating most of the drivers often. Once it 'works', I'd leave it alone until it doesn't work for whatever reason. The only driver that really ever needs to get updated is your GPU driver. And most gamers are pretty used to updating that manually (or through their included updaters) at this point. The GPU is basically the only critical driver that you should need to update.

As far as BIOS? MFlash is much safer, and we provide BETA BIOS's here via the beta bios thread for AM4 platforms.
Thanks for your answer.Well,learning something new everyday.You are complately right about MFlash and MSI Live Update App.I have deleted my bios and had to take it to the service.There,They installed the last version bios vs flash disk.I don't know how they did it but it's ok now.

darkhawk

• Global Moderator
« Reply #66 on: 05-May-17, 11:44:13 »

Thanks for your answer.Well,learning something new everyday.You are complately right about MFlash and MSI Live Update App.I have deleted my bios and had to take it to the service.There,They installed the last version bios vs flash disk.I don't know how they did it but it's ok now.

Good! Glad you got it sorted out.....

I personally really hate the MSI Live Update utility. You really have no idea how many times we get users coming in here going "I use MSI Live Update and it updated the bios and now my computer won't start...."
I wish they would remove the option to flash the BIOS through it, it would help solve about 50% of the problems with have with the program.
And, in all honesty, usually there is almost no reason to do a BIOS update unless it's on a non-mature product (like the new X370/B350/A320 series). But even then I would leave that up to the user.

ildotoressTopic starter

• SERGEANT
« Reply #67 on: 06-May-17, 06:12:56 »

One intersting thing I've observed the last two days: there was a process running when system in idle named MsiDDRsomethingsomething. This was in fact producing a load of abot 9%. I could close it but it would reappear.
After searching a bit around it did occur to others in the past. First solution recommanded was to uninstall MSI CommandCenter so I did.
Will monitor to see if it appears any more.

dziwisz101

• SERGEANT
« Reply #68 on: 08-May-17, 19:39:49 »

Hello again
Maybe somebody of you has informations if MSI is going to release any more BIOS updates to this board? Or how do you think? I recently checked that it's true that NB Voltage is indeed the SOC voltage on MSI motherboards, but still after tuning the all voltages and timings, no luck with my RAM to go above 2667MHz :(
MSI B350 PC MATE
Windows 10 Prof. 64bit

darkhawk

• Global Moderator
« Reply #69 on: 08-May-17, 19:51:32 »

See : https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=283344.0
It has BETA bios and release BIOS links.

ildotoressTopic starter

• SERGEANT
« Reply #70 on: 09-May-17, 04:20:41 »

I already did that. No success, every time I connect the HDMI it goes to the TV.

The funny thing is that the Video card is also MSI, a GTX 1060 Armor OCV1. :)
And it did not do this until I changed the MB. I had it for several months prior to this, and used it with the exact same connections and previous MB: Gigabyte 970.
So it's the new MSI MB that triggered this behavior not the Vcard.
So I got an answer from MSI support that is basically of no help... they replied to put both monitor and Tv in miroring in Nvidia control pannel.
Which is basically stupid, as I need them in extended mode as I've used them for the last 10 years.
Is there any other way to get some real support from MSI so I can see the POST on my monitor?!?
« Last Edit: 09-May-17, 13:16:07 by ildotoress »

ildotoressTopic starter

• SERGEANT
« Reply #71 on: 10-May-17, 17:19:36 »

I've tried everything I found on the web:
- deleting the registry keys for the existing monitors (did struggle a bit with the rights and was only able to do it with 3rd party application);
- unplugging the TV, uninstalling drivers, cleaning any files left from drivers, installing back drivers only with monitor connected and then adding the TV
- playing around in NVCP and Windows display settings
But nothing worked, every time I connect the TV it becomes POST device.

This is really frustrating, and can be easily fixed by MSI... starting to get really disappointed by this company.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LE: Found the problem aster searching the web for several hours: It's the Windows WHQL option in the Uefi. I put it to Disabled and like by magic now the POST display is again my monitor and not the TV.
As I have installed Win 10 with GPT and in Uefi mode this is not an issue for me so I can keep it as is. I was also not using secure bot, so no problem that it got disabled as it's a sub-setup.

This is something MSI should have known and offered through support... but hey, at this rate we will get better than them anyway :))
« Last Edit: 11-May-17, 01:38:02 by ildotoress »

darkhawk

• Global Moderator
« Reply #72 on: 10-May-17, 18:39:58 »

I've tried everything I found on the web:
- deleting the registry keys for the existing monitors (did struggle a bit with the rights and was only able to do it with 3rd party application);
- unplugging the TV, uninstalling drivers, cleaning any files left from drivers, installing back drivers only with monitor connected and then adding the TV
- playing around in NVCP and Windows display settings
But nothing worked, every time I connect the TV it becomes POST device.

This is really frustrating, and can be easily fixed by MSI with a custom BIOS for the VGA but they don't want to reply to my open case... starting to get really disappointed by this company.

And it's a fairly common problem. A quick google search confirms that.....

Most OEM's don't provide a custom BIOS tailored to what you want. In fact, as far as I'm aware there's only 1 that will even consider doing that at this time.

Playing around with Windows settings isn't going to change how the card works though. Not during boot-up.

Your best hope to make it simpler would be to use adapters to make the monitor go on first using either the DP, DVI, or HDMI, and then use either DVI or VGA for the TV.

That's really the best I can suggest. Outside of contacting MSI directly via : >>How to contact MSI.<<

ildotoressTopic starter

• SERGEANT
« Reply #73 on: 10-May-17, 19:05:21 »

That's really the best I can suggest. Outside of contacting MSI directly via : >>How to contact MSI.<<
Well, that was pointless, as I mentioned above, MSI direct support is useless.

Please also read my "later edit" part as I found the solution, and this was a thing MSI should have known about.

peter_br

• CORPORAL
« Reply #74 on: 15-May-17, 09:22:25 »

Hi, I just flashed the new bios 7A34vA4 with Improved memory compatibility.
I was very happy to see there were 2 new items in dram configuration, one being advanced timing configuration and another misc item.
However there is nothing to configure there?
My memory will still not go higher than 2933 Mhz so what is the deal here?

darkhawk

• Global Moderator
« Reply #75 on: 15-May-17, 10:36:11 »

Hi, I just flashed the new bios 7A34vA4 with Improved memory compatibility.
I was very happy to see there were 2 new items in dram configuration, one being advanced timing configuration and another misc item.
However there is nothing to configure there?
My memory will still not go higher than 2933 Mhz so what is the deal here?

As have been discussed many times.....AMD requires specific timing for the memory. The OEM's don't have control over much of that timing. In particular, the command rate is required to be 1T. Most memory is made for timing at 2T. I'd be willing to bet the kit you have is specified as 3200 MHz at 2T. However at 1T it's a different story.

Not only that, but you have to take into account the quality of your CPU. Just because it might overclock the clock speed well, doesn't mean the IMC will overclock well. As it stands, anything higher than 2667 MHz is overclocking the IMC, and it isn't guaranteed. Not by AMD, nor is it guaranteed by MSI or Asus or Gigabyte. 

2993 MHz is pretty good, realistically, for memory that isn't designed for Ryzen. There's users who can't get more than 2400 MHz on similar kits of memory.
Until AMD releases an update to OEM's with the ability to change the command rate, most likely you'll be stuck at 2933 MHz with that memory.

peter_br

• CORPORAL
« Reply #76 on: 15-May-17, 13:17:19 »

Thanks for the info, I was aware of that.
Still I would love to know why there is nothing to configure in advanced timing configuration.
Is this the case with all boards and this bios or is it just in my case?
And what would there be to configure?

darkhawk

• Global Moderator
« Reply #77 on: 15-May-17, 14:19:12 »

Thanks for the info, I was aware of that.
Still I would love to know why there is nothing to configure in advanced timing configuration.
Is this the case with all boards and this bios or is it just in my case?
And what would there be to configure?

It is probably a placeholder for new features to be added on the next BIOS.
A few boards have that, from what I remember, and nothing in them right now.
Wait another week or two and hopefully the next beta BIOS will drop and give more options.

peter_br

• CORPORAL
« Reply #78 on: 15-May-17, 14:28:01 »

Allright, thanks again!

dziwisz101

• SERGEANT
« Reply #79 on: 15-May-17, 16:01:23 »

I also have this new BIOS and this 2 new not active options (what's the point of putting something not working into new BIOS version if it will myabe work in next version? I don't know.) Anyway I still can't go any higher on this board than 2667mhz with my G.skill ripjaw V 3600MHz, no improvment for me since 7A34vA2 BIOS.
MSI B350 PC MATE
Windows 10 Prof. 64bit

badboy2k

• Global Moderator
« Reply #80 on: 15-May-17, 16:13:42 »

I also have this new BIOS and this 2 new not active options (what's the point of putting something not working into new BIOS version if it will myabe work in next version? I don't know.) Anyway I still can't go any higher on this board than 2667mhz with my G.skill ripjaw V 3600MHz, no improvment for me since 7A34vA2 BIOS.

they probably just forgot to remove the options from the release BIOS as they are working on them still! you think that inbetween BIOS versions they are doing nothing? they are probably fleshing out them 2 options before they go active and the view of them was just left in by mistake so you are getting a glimpse of a upcoming feature as they did not take them out of the layout!
Motherboard: MSI 790FX-GD70 (bios 1.17) AM3
Processor:AMD phenom IIx4 955 black edition 3.2GHz processor(Clock speed of 4GHz)
Cooler: corsair H100 cooler
Ram: 16GB Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600MHz ram (2 dual channel kits model: CMP8GX3M2A1600C9) (underclocked at 1333MHz)
GPU: 1: MSI R7870 -2GD5T/OC @ 1155mhz , 2: MSI R7850-Twin Frozer 2GD5/OC @ 925mhz
PSU: Thermaltake tougthpower 1500W (+12v1 20A, +12v2 20A, +12v3 40A, +12v4 40A) (+12v1=20+4 connector, +12v2=CPU power, +12v3=PCI_E connections, +12v4 = molex+sata+PCI_E connectors  )
Extras: 1 x 4 port raid card (model SIL3114) ASUS Xonar Essence STX sound card PCI-E X1.

ildotoressTopic starter

• SERGEANT
« Reply #81 on: 16-May-17, 18:17:50 »

I've installed on my rig the new V40.
For me, there was no change. Still unable to get 3200 no matter the timings or voltage, even with 18-20-20-20 @ 1.4V RAM and 1.1 NB.
But I can't complain with 2933@14-16-16-36 -1.35V and 1.05V for NB.

fordentertainmentgr

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #82 on: 22-May-17, 04:20:27 »

Guys my overclock runs great but resets after boot. Then I need to hit default. Save. Then back in to overclock and reboot.  Then do it all again after booting up the following day. What can I do?

ildotoressTopic starter

• SERGEANT
« Reply #83 on: 22-May-17, 06:25:25 »

First try a clear CMOS. Load into BIOS and click on load Optimized defaults. Boot up, restart, and then try the OC again from BIOS.

jrbloodmist

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #84 on: 22-May-17, 23:15:32 »

i so wish there was a away to turn off this LED :D

darkhawk

• Global Moderator
« Reply #85 on: 22-May-17, 23:18:03 »

i so wish there was a away to turn off this LED :D

Get some black electrical tape and tape over it discreetly....no one will notice then. :P

They might be changing the BIOS to allow the user to turn that LED off, or have it turn off if a discrete GPU is also detected, but I'm not certain. Just something I might have heard....

dziwisz101

• SERGEANT
« Reply #86 on: 24-May-17, 16:38:11 »

After the latest BIOS update 7A34vA4, my computer with OC on CPU become unstable with enabled cpu feature Cool & Quiet, it restore itself it as disabled option in BIOS, or system doesnt boot and gets BSOD, or doesn't load-black screen with mose pointer. Disableing Q&C heals my computer immediatly :undecided:
MSI B350 PC MATE
Windows 10 Prof. 64bit

peter_br

• CORPORAL
« Reply #87 on: 25-May-17, 16:38:05 »

Hi, I updated bios to beta 7A34vA51 
I'm very pleased to see the change in available memory timing options especially command rate setting
At auto command rate sets a value of 1 which does not allow anything above 2966 Mhz
I got my memory up to 3333 Mhz from 2966 Mhz at command rate 2
Unfortunately fan control is buggier than ever settings just won't stick also I have the feeling these settings are not saved in oc profiles
though I think they should!
Still I'm glad we're making progress!!!

rubic_net

• CORPORAL
« Reply #88 on: 29-May-17, 18:24:48 »

I just order the B350 PC Mate, i hope that ill have it in a week or so. Should i update  to the lastest BIOS from the begining or i must do it gradually from the 1st version to the last?

mr.raider2

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #89 on: 29-May-17, 18:54:21 »

I just order the B350 PC Mate, i hope that ill have it in a week or so. Should i update  to the lastest BIOS from the begining or i must do it gradually from the 1st version to the last?

You can just install the latest firmware.
Ryzen R7 1700x - MSI B350 tomahawk - Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8gb cmk16gx4m2a2666c16 - Coolermaster Hyper 212 evo - EVGA GTX 970 - Samsung 840 EVO SSD - Intel 730 SSD - Kubuntu 16.04.2

jrbloodmist

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #90 on: 03-June-17, 23:58:05 »

So any progress with the new BIOS's that AMD release to Manufactures ? just wondering if anyone's heard anything :) thanks  

darkhawk

• Global Moderator
« Reply #91 on: 04-June-17, 00:23:49 »

So any progress with the new BIOS's that AMD release to Manufactures ? just wondering if anyone's heard anything :) thanks  

See : https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=286937.0

legion28

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #92 on: 06-June-17, 01:03:05 »

They might be changing the BIOS to allow the user to turn that LED off, or have it turn off if a discrete GPU is also detected, but I'm not certain. Just something I might have heard....

I sure hope this is true. The red clashes horribly with every other color I have going on in my setup.

All I want is AGESA 1.0.0.6 and to turn that light off, and I will be SO happy.

darkhawk

• Global Moderator
« Reply #93 on: 06-June-17, 01:41:42 »

I sure hope this is true. The red clashes horribly with every other color I have going on in my setup.

All I want is AGESA 1.0.0.6 and to turn that light off, and I will be SO happy.

My understanding is that with the latest BETA BIOS, it automatically turns off when either an iGPU or a discrete GPU is installed. 
You can find that in the BETA BIOS section in the AM4 BETA BIOS thread.

zorz

• CORPORAL
  • ALEA IACTA EST
« Reply #94 on: 06-June-17, 08:44:22 »

Flashed Beta v51 BIOS and my Corsair Vengance 2x4GB Kit working like a charm at 3066MHz (I don't need more up ;))
Just memory clocked from TryIt! option from BIOS ;)
msi B350 PC Mate, AMD Ryzen R5 1400 @ Lc Power LC-CC-120 @ stock frequency, Corsair Vengance 2x8GB Red Kit DDR4 3000, msi Radeon RX 470 Gaming X 8GB, Chieftec 700W PSU Semi Modular, LiteOn iT 240GB SSD + 120GB Patriot Blast SSD +120GB Intenso SSD, SB Creative Audigy 4, BenQ 21,5" FHD, Armaggeddon V 2.1 75W, TT Soprano 1000RS...

legion28

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #95 on: 06-June-17, 23:00:42 »

My understanding is that with the latest BETA BIOS, it automatically turns off when either an iGPU or a discrete GPU is installed.
You can find that in the BETA BIOS section in the AM4 BETA BIOS thread.

I'll be patient for a little while longer for the stable BIOS release, but I do appreciate the news.

darkhawk

• Global Moderator
« Reply #96 on: 06-June-17, 23:14:50 »

I'll be patient for a little while longer for the stable BIOS release, but I do appreciate the news.
Just because it's a "BETA" doesn't mean it isn't stable......

Most people have been getting VERY good results with the beta bios's now. I would give it a try anyway. :)

My B350 Gaming Plus is running the latest BETA (based on the same BIOS as your PC Mate's BIOS) and it's been going great. I'm typing this reply from it actually. :)

zorz

• CORPORAL
  • ALEA IACTA EST
« Reply #97 on: 07-June-17, 02:00:12 »

I think my spectation from this BIOS are great for now!
msi B350 PC Mate, AMD Ryzen R5 1400 @ Lc Power LC-CC-120 @ stock frequency, Corsair Vengance 2x8GB Red Kit DDR4 3000, msi Radeon RX 470 Gaming X 8GB, Chieftec 700W PSU Semi Modular, LiteOn iT 240GB SSD + 120GB Patriot Blast SSD +120GB Intenso SSD, SB Creative Audigy 4, BenQ 21,5" FHD, Armaggeddon V 2.1 75W, TT Soprano 1000RS...

benss.lesmana

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #98 on: 07-June-17, 03:05:35 »

Hi, I'm new to the forum.
I would like to ask, is 20 seconds boot to bios normal on B350 PC Mate?

zorz

• CORPORAL
  • ALEA IACTA EST
« Reply #99 on: 07-June-17, 03:36:04 »

Something similar to me...
But, with new  (Beta) v51 BIOS boot time is shorter.
Try it, nothing to loose!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up