Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Update MSI X99A Godlike Gaming Carbon Bios  (Read 826 times)

dustynebrownTopic starter

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Update MSI X99A Godlike Gaming Carbon Bios
« on: 06-May-17, 09:44:49 »

So I got the MSI x99a Godlike Gaming Carbon motherboard, and an Intel I7-6800k LGA 2011 CPU. Is there anyway I can update the BIOS easily? I've looked into buying a new CPU to drop in it while I get it updated then moving to my main one, but most the CPUs I've found that would work are 400$+, which I can't justify spending that one a temp CPU. Has MSI possibly introduced a way to flash the BIOS without a CPU yet, or would the users of this form recommend calling MSI and requesting a bios chip...? Just wanting to get this build running and don't really want to send the mobo back to MSI to make them update the BIOS then have them send it back. Let me know how you'd handle this issue!

Thanks!

Nichrome

• Global Moderator
Re: Update MSI X99A Godlike Gaming Carbon Bios
« Reply #1 on: 06-May-17, 10:00:44 »

Hi

The quickest would be to go to local IT services and ask them to flash it. They could do it with either compatible CPU or SPI programmer
Else you are left with either getting compatible CPU, or sending motherboard to the shop or MSI. >>How to contact MSI.<<
Flash BIOS Button (BIOS flashing without CPU, RAM etc) is available on newer boards.
I only take responsibility for what I say, not for what you understand.  Any posts are my own views!

Errors are red, My screen is blue .I think I deleted, System32
Pages: [1]   Go Up