Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Getting Windows 10 on a new HDD  (Read 355 times)

gadsonjoaquinTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
Getting Windows 10 on a new HDD
« on: 23-February-18, 14:39:36 »

My HDD has just about died. It takes a good 10 minutes for startup. And another 10 for all desktop icons to load. So, I purchased a new one. How do I go about getting Windows 10 back on the new HDD? The laptop can only hold one HDD and most disk cloning softwares I found need both HDD's to be installed to be able to clone it. I did the burn recovery when I first got the laptop about 2 years ago. But, I have misplaced the USB that had it on it. Is there anyway to go back to a previous version to create that burn recovery?

sydneyblue203

• CAPTAIN
Re: Getting Windows 10 on a new HDD
« Reply #1 on: 23-February-18, 16:03:08 »

You can try and use a downloaded iso usb maybe your windows 10 key is tied to the motherboard.
Im just a end user who wants to help people not get taken advantage of and hope to help with what i have learned to pass on info which could be helpful. I only play games and surf the web. I build my own computers. I also have taken apart my GT73 for a board flip because the morons at MSI thought putting a Single channel stick in a high end Laptop was a good idea smh
MSI GT73EVR 7RE TITAN  4.0 7820hk 1070 GTX Samsung 250GB NVME M.2 GSKILL RIPJAWS 2400Mhz 2x8GB
Pages: [1]   Go Up