Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: AMD AM4 Ryzen Overclocking Guide (X370 and B350)  (Read 30866 times)

darkhawkTopic starter

• Global Moderator
« Reply #100 on: 28-September-17, 10:28:05 »

Oh i almost forgot a question. I can't find any offset changing at the Voltages, i can just put fixed voltages, is it normal ' Thanks.

MSI hasn't implemented any 'offset' or 'adaptive' voltage settings for the AM4 series.

If you want a mode similar to that, your best option is to leave it set to AUTO.
Otherwise, set a static voltage and that's it.

mmosrc

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #101 on: 28-September-17, 10:29:13 »

Good to know, thanks!

kaarelvirroja

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #102 on: 03-October-17, 06:58:01 »

Did MSI change something with latest BIOS updates?
Default MB boost gives only 3.6 Ghz but previously it was 3.8.

gu.munoz

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #103 on: 13-October-17, 01:35:29 »

Hey Guys,

I think my CPU is a very bad overclocker, I set the CPU voltage as 1.38v as in this post and I try the multipler 38 - to of course get 3800 mhz - when I hit F10 and save - I get a instant lock up and the system does not boot up - so I have to clear the CMOS - anyone got a similar case? my CPU in general runs around 3.6-3.7 and XFR at 3.9 sometimes, In other thread a saw a guy with the same mobo facing the same problem - whenever he set the multipler to anything else than auto - he has the same behavior

Regards,
Gustavo Muñoz

gu.munoz

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #104 on: 16-October-17, 17:18:22 »

Hello Guys,

Note sure how to edit my last message - I could get it stable the 1500X@3.9 vCore: 1.3875v and RAM @2933 (v1.36) @16-18-18-18 - it not stable @ 3200 and 3.9 so it leads to the black screen after saving in BIOS :)
 - the best CINEBENCH score was 839 - with default (3.5 and 3200) it was 739 - so I prefer this configuration than stock.

Regards,
Gustavo Muñoz

haunter528

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #105 on: 09-November-17, 22:25:29 »

It's my first time OC any PC. I have the x370 Gaming Pro Carbon and a Ryzen 1800x. I have try using Command Center from MSI and a little after I applied the changes to reach 4.0 GHz the screen goes black, mouse and keyboard stop responding and I have to hit the power button and turn on again, when I get back to windows I am back at 3.6 Ghz. Also I have try the application from AMD. I have up on both applications and try the BIOS option, I set the speed to 3.8Ghz and volt to 1.3 or 1.4 and reboot and nothing, I am not able to get into the BIOS, I see the LED from the motherboard but nothing. I have to remove the power cable and BIOS battery to start the PC again, I have try speeds of 3.8 and 4.0 with voltage of 1.3 and 1.4. Any help or recommendations would be highly appreciated.
Drivers are up to date. Any additional information that you need to know, ask me.

Thanks!

darkhawkTopic starter

• Global Moderator
« Reply #106 on: 09-November-17, 23:57:49 »

It's my first time OC any PC. I have the x370 Gaming Pro Carbon and a Ryzen 1800x. I have try using Command Center from MSI and a little after I applied the changes to reach 4.0 GHz the screen goes black, mouse and keyboard stop responding and I have to hit the power button and turn on again, when I get back to windows I am back at 3.6 Ghz. Also I have try the application from AMD. I have up on both applications and try the BIOS option, I set the speed to 3.8Ghz and volt to 1.3 or 1.4 and reboot and nothing, I am not able to get into the BIOS, I see the LED from the motherboard but nothing. I have to remove the power cable and BIOS battery to start the PC again, I have try speeds of 3.8 and 4.0 with voltage of 1.3 and 1.4. Any help or recommendations would be highly appreciated.
Drivers are up to date. Any additional information that you need to know, ask me.

Thanks!

Not every CPU is going to do great overclocking. Some do well, some don't. You might have gotten a CPU that can't overclock well.

cadientebenson

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #107 on: 10-November-17, 03:07:09 »

Thank you for this detailed OC guide.. Ill overclock my R5 1600 as soon as i get my liquid cooling. This may be stupid question but just wanna ask if the CPU will run at the max speed all the time when you OC it? Kinda worried about power consumption if it does. or is there a setting that can make it run at lower clocks when not using it and it will just boost to max OC speed when needed?

nesty1990

• SERGEANT
« Reply #108 on: 10-November-17, 18:48:49 »

Thank you for this detailed OC guide.. Ill overclock my R5 1600 as soon as i get my liquid cooling. This may be stupid question but just wanna ask if the CPU will run at the max speed all the time when you OC it? Kinda worried about power consumption if it does. or is there a setting that can make it run at lower clocks when not using it and it will just boost to max OC speed when needed?

it is CnQ (Cool´n´Quiet) ... but here is the catch, since MSI motherboards do not have offset/adaptive mode, CnQ will be disabled if you change your vCore to any other value than auto...
On the other hand, core C6 state will still be enabled so idle power consumption wont be much higher, it is only 3-6W more than default settings on my system...

i personally OC´ed memory through the bios and CPU through the Ryzen Master to keep CnQ running to avoid temp spikes (and fan rpm spikes) with help of windows power plans and little utility called Full Throttle Override....
MSI B350 Tomahawk 1A.1
AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.7 GHz 1.225V
EKWB Supremacy EVO, 2x240mm rad, EK-SPC

--- boots on first try, everytime, fully stable ---
Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 v5.3 (single sided) @ 2933 15-17-17-35-52 2T

SOC - 1.0325V, Memory - 1.4V, CLDO_VDDP - 0,895V, procODT - 53,6 ohm, GearDown - disable, PowerDown - disable, BankGroupSwap - auto, 
Rtt_Nom - disable, Rtt_Wr - Dynamic ODT off, Rtt_park - 48ohm, CAD_BUS - all values 24ohm  

Samsung SM961 128GB NVme
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB
Sapphire RX470 Nitro+ 4GB
Corsair RM550x

cadientebenson

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #109 on: 11-November-17, 03:17:17 »

it is CnQ (Cool´n´Quiet) ... but here is the catch, since MSI motherboards do not have offset/adaptive mode, CnQ will be disabled if you change your vCore to any other value than auto...
On the other hand, core C6 state will still be enabled so idle power consumption wont be much higher, it is only 3-6W more than default settings on my system...

i personally OC´ed memory through the bios and CPU through the Ryzen Master to keep CnQ running to avoid temp spikes (and fan rpm spikes) with help of windows power plans and little utility called Full Throttle Override....

I was browsing on tomshardware and i read that you can just re enable the cool n quiet when your OC is stable? Is this really okay?

crazyclicker

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #110 on: 12-November-17, 10:41:03 »

Guys, can you please help me with keeping fans on a normal rate after I've set ram to XMP2 profile with 3000mhz frequency on B350 carbon.

As it mentioned in try it! section mb increases fan speed after 2750mhz, but in my case it's really not necessary as CPU temp dont get higher that 33C. And fans get reeeeealy loud.

darkhawkTopic starter

• Global Moderator
« Reply #111 on: 12-November-17, 20:08:46 »

Guys, can you please help me with keeping fans on a normal rate after I've set ram to XMP2 profile with 3000mhz frequency on B350 carbon.

As it mentioned in try it! section mb increases fan speed after 2750mhz, but in my case it's really not necessary as CPU temp dont get higher that 33C. And fans get reeeeealy loud.

Setup your XMP2 settings. Save. Reboot. Go back into the BIOS, then change the fan settings, save, reboot and that should fix it.

If you follow that procedure the fan settings should stay properly.

crazyclicker

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #112 on: 12-November-17, 20:48:22 »

Setup your XMP2 settings. Save. Reboot. Go back into the BIOS, then change the fan settings, save, reboot and that should fix it.

If you follow that procedure the fan settings should stay properly.

Thanks! It did the trick, but settings being auto changed each time I visit OC tab, so I guess fan settings should be the last to configure.

Also a question about memory: XMP2 profile states 3000mhz with 15 CAS but in fact sets 2933 and 16. Should I stay on profile and alter voltages or should I manually set frequency and latency? 
Btw it's only me who dont have 3000mhz option in manual setup but only 3066? =)
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up