Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Some Keyboard buttons not working aLways  (Read 22899 times)

yasemin.atayTopic starter

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Some Keyboard buttons not working aLways
« on: 13-August-17, 04:54:37 »

Hi,

I have been using MSI GL72 6QF.   RecentLy some buttons on the keyboard don't work . Nothing happened  occured this.  No damage, no Water spillage..

There are 3 button :         9 (on numeric area), L   and  'down' 
They do not working  aLL together. sometimes they aLL working.  ALL together, Not just one!

İf they were never working, I couLd think keyboard is break. but it sometimes work. 
One more thing, pressing hard on not working. but sometimes I push with second button (severaL timesthen the buttons working.   e.g   fn + 9   or caps Lock + down   

I updated BIOS. I removed that buttons and then put them again. No change. 
I search for this probLem.  some other msi notebooks have aLso.  

I couLdn't understand what's happening and what can I do? 

SpeedJack

• CAPTAIN
Re: Some Keyboard buttons not working aLways
« Reply #1 on: 14-August-17, 01:09:22 »

Hi,

You could update your BIOS/EC and do a EC reset, and then download Synaptics TouchPad Driver from MSI website below. Disconnect the internet, uninstall and install Synaptics TouchPad Driver(version 19.0.22.4), check it again without connecting internet. If it didn't help, please use MSI HelpDesk to export OS information and compress (zip) the configuration txt file for us. Share the zip file to us and it would be easier to figure out what happened. You can find the latest version of HelpDesk in the download link below.

Please do EC reset steps:
a) Power off the notebook.
b) Remove the AC adapter.
c) Remove the battery pack.
d) Wait for 10 to 15 minutes.
e) Put the battery pack back.
f) Connect the AC adapter.
g) Power on the system.

HelpDesk download link: http://download.msi.com/uti_exe/nb/helpdesk.zip
BIOS download link: https://www.msi.com/Laptop/support/GL72-6QF.html#down-bios
EC download link: https://www.msi.com/Laptop/support/GL72-6QF.html#down-firmware
Synaptics TouchPad download link: Driver: https://www.msi.com/Laptop/support/GL72-6QF.html#down-driver

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #2 on: 14-August-17, 06:08:56 »

Hi, 
Thank you for your reply. 

Before I had updated BIOS and Standard PS/2 Keybooard to SteelSeries PS/2 Keyboard.
After your suggest I updated EC Fİrmware and Synaptics TouchPad 19.0.22.4.  (It was 19.3.4.184 )

But there is no change. They are sometimes work, sometimes not. 
You can see the output  when I QUICKlY press the buttons with next to them. (eg. 8 after 9 after 8 after 9)  
BUT not always Like that. Sometimes never. 

88888989889888888888998898989898898989   ( problem : 9 )
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-***-*-*-*-------*-*-*-*-                  ( problem :  )    (here I press -  severa times when it started working)
kkkkkkkkkkkklkllklklkklklkllklkllkllkll klklkklklkl      ( problem :  L )

Now it is difficut writing without L . I copy it somewhere eLse and paste  :(  

For you  I aLso attached the configuration fiLe on MSI HeLp desk. 

falkentyne

• FIRST LIEUTENANT
« Reply #3 on: 14-August-17, 10:19:33 »

What happens if you press down hard right under the keyboard (between the keyboard and touchpad), and move the pressing to the right, in a straight line? (please push with some force but not -too- hard, and move the pushing along the bottom of the keyboard).

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #4 on: 14-August-17, 13:50:12 »

Hi,

Thank you falkentyne,  but ActuaLLy I couLdn't understand what you mean exactly. (  I am not very good at English : ) )
As I understand, I push up from under the Laptop aLong the Line between keyboard and touchpad. At the same time I press that buttons. But nothing changed.

ALso, after updates above, I tried to write that keys via zapping another keys Like I toLd before. It didnot work.
After that I updated Synaptics TouchPad to 19.3.4.184  again and  now zapping sometimes works .

I think these problems are like mine too.
http://www.tomsguide.com/forum/id-3338799/steelseries-built-keyboard-msi-gt72-space-periodically-working.html

By the way when I bought the pc, it was freeDos. Now Win10 Education is running.

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #5 on: 15-August-17, 04:25:00 »

I also think it is because of     2017-06 Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems.
I realized the problem after that updates but I did not give a chance.

CouId it be beacuse of this?

snipeh

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #6 on: 12-January-18, 16:36:32 »

Me and my girlfriend both have the GE72 6QF laptops. Lately she's been having the exact issue you describe, though with the addition of the "pause/break" button acting the same way (identified the keys with http://www.keyboardtester.com/ ). To her it also seemingly happens completely at random. We've done several reformat and driver updates without resolving it. Did you manage to find out what's causing it and any solution?

brendanjday

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #7 on: 16-January-18, 03:55:42 »

Hey guys, same issue here but with keys: t, g, v, ;, and Enter

Seems to mainly occur when firing up a game. 
Got the Laptop (GF62VR 7RF) not long after Boxing day, was away for 4 days, came back and this started.
MSI advised that its probably spillage (not the case at all) but wondering if the fan kicking into overdrive while playing games could affect the keyboard connection?

faridbikzad7

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #8 on: 28-January-18, 04:51:33 »

the same issues and the same keys here

gazoalphonse

• SERGEANT
« Reply #9 on: 28-January-18, 20:22:22 »

Hi there!

If nothing helps, in last instance, the only possible problem here may be an issue with the soldering(Verlötung). Individual keyboards might have problems with the contact of the metal, probably caused from the heat. 
In case that you don't find a solution soon, go a step further and contact the official MSI-support. If many people have the same problem and if MSI also can not find any solution, they are supposed to take care of that for free even if you have no guarantee since it's a technical issue with hardware which is not caused by the costumer. 

Viel Glück!

gazoalphonse

• SERGEANT
« Reply #10 on: 28-January-18, 20:30:14 »

Here is another thread with the same problem. 

https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=298992.0

Seems like not solved yet. I recommend all of you to literally pressure MSI to help you, in case they repeat saying "update driver, reinstall this, reinstall that" make sure you link them the threads so they get an image of the situation. 

Good Luck!

ozygrl7

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #11 on: 05-July-18, 01:38:46 »

I also have this problem, im so not happy, i will never buy MSI again, just out of warranty and it started. Im tired of buying stuff and getting ripped off, i will be letting all my friends and family know that MSI are not good gaming laptops at all and are manufactured badly, posting to facebook now! You didn't fix my sound problem a week after i got it and now this, shame on you MSI. SHAME! SHAME! SHAME!

msikys

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #12 on: 10-August-18, 10:09:55 »

MSI = S.H.I.T

there is basically no support with this garbage company. This problem has been around for a while and there is absolutely no answers from them.
Money grabber retardation more like...

Do you know what they can do ? They can drink bleach to swallow cyanide pills as a token of decency.

mac93kor

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #13 on: 11-September-18, 02:56:54 »

Hello eveyone, has your issue been fixed? My keyboard refuses both 1s, letter O, and ''=''. all at the same time.

Let me knw please if you found a fix.

gt72

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #14 on: 23-September-18, 09:41:21 »

Hi Boys,

my problem was keys "x" "y/z" and "strg/ctrl" did not work properly as mentioned above.
It began to occur when I started to turn off the Synaptics Touchpad manually, frequently. On and off. So I guess it has something to do with that, softwarewise.

The solution for me was however, doing the following workaround in the Synaptics Menu on Bottom right taskbar:

https://i.imgur.com/RfTWrBl.jpg

I hope this helps.

Sincerely yours
GT72VR7RE

gt72

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #15 on: 27-September-18, 10:58:39 »

Hi Boys,

my problem was keys "x" "y/z" and "strg/ctrl" did not work properly as mentioned above.
It began to occur when I started to turn off the Synaptics Touchpad manually, frequently. On and off. So I guess it has something to do with that, softwarewise.

The solution for me was however, doing the following workaround in the Synaptics Menu on Bottom right taskbar:

https://i.imgur.com/RfTWrBl.jpg

I hope this helps.

Sincerely yours
GT72VR7RE

Oh drat... it occured again today - I uninstalled the Steelseries Engine 3 after trying an update. Now the keys work fine, but no more lights. Seems to be the only solution ATM... We need to rant there instead!

Greetings
a GT72VR7RE user

nino92

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #16 on: 01-October-18, 10:40:12 »

I do had the same problem with some letters on my keyboard. After many tries I frustratedly called the customer service of MSI. They told me they could fix the problem but I had to send my laptop to Poland. I received a free shipping label from UPS and off my laptop was. 

It took a total 4 days for me to get my laptop fixed back. I was surprised of the service MSI provided. Keyboard has been working fine so far, they replaced it. Hope this will work for you as well since it's real pain in the a**.

juanmartincode

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #17 on: 09-October-18, 11:37:14 »

Hi, the same problem here on GP72 7REX Leopard Pro
Keys not working correctly: L, 9 (numpad), down arrow, F10 and - (numpad)

So frustrating, I send an e-mail to msi, and done all the possible solutions they proposed but nothing works definitely. 
For example, a few minutes ago tried on updating the EC, but , even if in the instructions says that you should only disconnect the batery in the case it is removable I dissasembled the notebook and took the battery off for a seconds. The resuLt: After initiating windows, the keys worked fine, so I opened Word to check them and I observed that when pressing them alL the time, for moments (maybe less than a second) the keys didn't work. as time went by, that moments were more frequent.
Now as I write this, I can see the same, keys work randomLy. Sometimes  L button works while pressing shift, some don't.

In the next days I wiLL send it to warranty, as in 15 days my  one-year warranty expires.

MSI should start working on a solution for this or at least, inform to all the customers who have this product problem whats happening, if they are looking for a solution OR SOMETHING.
This was my first MSI Equipment, and surely the last. I thought it was an excelent product.. So dissapointing.

If anyone found a solution, let us know.

ibkiss28

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #18 on: 10-October-18, 13:07:29 »

Hello, I have the same problem, certain buttons such as "L", "Down" and so on stop randomly working.

GE72 6QF Apache Pro

nichuy01

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #19 on: 16-October-18, 15:30:28 »

is there any fix/update for this?? my "o" and "1" key don't work and it's extremely annying. it used to be my L key(works now) that didn't work but nw it's moved on tother keys. i'm actually having to copy and paste my keys that don't wrk. 

ibkiss28

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #20 on: 16-October-18, 16:05:17 »

Hello, I have the same problem, certain buttons such as "L", "Down" and so on stop randomly working.

GE72 6QF Apache Pro
Hi, just wanted to give a quick update, the "down" button is also sporadically unresponsive in the BIOS setting.

That excludes a Windows issue, I'll try some EC and BIOS updates and let you know.

If you experience this issue with "L" , "down" and Num "9" sporadically not working, please try if it occurs in BIOS too (press DEL during bootup to enter BIOS) and let us know.

Thanks guys.

eliasantolinos

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #21 on: 18-October-18, 16:40:07 »

Hi, just wanted to give a quick update, the "down" button is also sporadically unresponsive in the BIOS setting.

That excludes a Windows issue, I'll try some EC and BIOS updates and let you know.

If you experience this issue with "L" , "down" and Num "9" sporadically not working, please try if it occurs in BIOS too (press DEL during bootup to enter BIOS) and let us know.

Thanks guys.

I have a1so the same prob1em, and the "down" didn't work for me in the BIOS. I have a1so discovered that sometimes the 'l' works using FN buttom.

P.D: the 'l' started to work writing the msg ^^...

basketballangel00

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #22 on: 18-October-18, 16:43:45 »

is there any fix/update for this?? my "o" and "1" key don't work and it's extremely annying. it used to be my L key(works now) that didn't work but nw it's moved on to other keys. i'm actually having to copy and paste my keys that don't wrk.

sorry not sure why it made me another acc, but nichuy01 is also my user.

i have an UPDATE.

I noticed that when my laptop(GE72 6QF apache pro) is cool, my keys(1 and o) DO NOT work., but when my laptop is warrm, my keys DO work. could it be some sort of wiring problem?

EDIT: to test this out, i usually have a small fan to help with the cooling while I play games that cause laptop to run a little harder. so i switch it on and off and have noticed the above.

ibkiss28

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #23 on: 20-October-18, 06:05:57 »

Hey, just giving another update regarding BIOS and EC updates.

Nothing worked so far, I tried almost all variations of BIOS and EC.

Same behavior, "Down", "Num9", "L" sporadically unresponsive.

I think we're dependent on MSI for support now, if you haven't yet , please open a Support ticket.

aries11espino

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #24 on: 22-October-18, 03:45:25 »

Weird, but I also have the same problem. But not with my laptop keyboard, fortunately I didn't buy MSI laptop. Unfortunately I bought the MSI Vigor GK40 RGB keyboard and after 2 weeks of loving it, some keys suddenly stopped working, namely letter "P", up button, F8, F9, F10, F11, F12. 

I have been reading post and I saw that MSI customers have so many problems with keyboards.

ibkiss28

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #25 on: 22-October-18, 14:35:32 »

Hi all, to those still experiencing this issue:

Try downgrading your Intel Chipset Driver to the one listed in the "Driver" tab of your model and let us know if it works, I did this yesterday and no keyboard issues so far.

Will keep you updated if the sporadic unresponsiveness of certain keys returns.

ibkiss28

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #26 on: 28-October-18, 12:12:17 »

Hi all, to those still experiencing this issue:

Try downgrading your Intel Chipset Driver to the one listed in the "Driver" tab of your model and let us know if it works, I did this yesterday and no keyboard issues so far.

Will keep you updated if the sporadic unresponsiveness of certain keys returns.

Update: After working fine for several days, the issue has returned.

I've opened a ticket @MSI, the suggested fix of uninstalling the Synaptics driver/SSE and rebooting didn't fix it.

tiffany.92.hwang

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #27 on: 04-November-18, 07:45:33 »

Please, someone help me too. I can't type the alphabet "o", (=), and the number 1. ;-((

basketballangel00

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #28 on: 08-November-18, 11:52:48 »

this is actually so ridiculous that nobody from MSI is even replying to us when so many of us are having this problem. i paid so much for this laptop and it's barely 2 years old. i should not be having this problem

ibkiss28

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #29 on: 29-November-18, 09:56:54 »

Hello all,

final update from my side.

After trying to get it to work for months, I sent the laptop to a local PC repair shop.

They tried to clean the contacts, remove dust/hair from the keys and various other things to no avail.
Bought a new Keyboard for roughly 100€ and had it installed, everything is working now, so definitely a hardware issue with the Keyboard module.

Being forced a few month after expiration of the guarantee to invest into a new Keyboard on light usage is very disappointing to say the least.

vincenzomandracchia

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #30 on: 04-December-18, 06:28:37 »

im using the wonderful keyboard on screen because  many keys (about 40% now) are not working anymore

what i saw is that it was progressive, every ten minutes i have lost new keys

any update for this magic problem?

-__-

lotte_vanderbrug

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #31 on: 26-December-18, 18:37:11 »

Hi there! I'm also experiencing this issue with the E and V keys. Last week, i noticed the E and V would randomly not type - at first, this would only happen when typing the letter and when I'd try again it'd immediately work again. However, E and V gradually stopped working pretty much altogether that day - in the end, they'd only type while holding shift. After a while, though, they started working again and I was able to use my laptop for another week without any issues, laughing about the randomness of this one. But then today it suddenly happeend again - E and V refused to type. At first, holding shift worked and E and V would type then... which wasn't ideal in and of itself, but it was something. Later, though, even when holding shift they'd suddenly rarely respond. I connected an external keyboard to my laptop and this one does work without any issues. I am absolutely perplexed as to how this could happen, as I am 100000000000% sure that my laptop keyboard was not exposed to ANY external damage. No spillage, no force, nothing. It has to be a hardware issue because external keyboards work, but it can't be external damage. Maybe E and V will work again tomorrow, will continue to work for a while and then stop again - it happens completely randomly and the first time, it didn't persist. Now, however, it already is persisting longer than it did the first time - it's been more than an hour, and I still can't type e or v. 

Does anyone know what this could be??

achillehuet

• PRIVATE E-2
  • Casual gamer, full-time geek
« Reply #32 on: 30-December-18, 09:27:11 »

Hey guys, I've had the same problem with A, D and R keys. Happened exactly the same as for @lotte_vanderbrug : first just slightly unresponsive keys, then only worked while pressing two keys simultaneously. The problem went away for a few weeks then came back, and my keys gradually completely stopped working (I'm now using an external keyboard).

From what I've read this is definitely a hardware issue: it seems that the connectors are either exposed to too much heat and become damaged over time or they are being creased because they are getting pinched by other components. Not sure which but it seems that in any case the connectors are getting damaged.

I'm going to see a repair shop this week to see if this can be repaired easily or if I need to buy a new keyboard. I found this solution on another thread but I don't have the tools to do the repair myself :
Various reasons can exist for matrix issues. Usually it's either damage to the cable or an unclean cable connection.  This damage can occur due to how the cable is routed through the backside of the motherboard and then other components pressing on the cable itself.  Since you say it works intermittently. does pressing down around the lower bottom left or lower bottom right (close to the spacebar) area of the keyboard restore key functionality?

If yes, then that almost conclusively proves the problem instantly, without needing a helpdesk.

If this is indeed the case, you will need to open the back of the laptop and see if the keyboard cable is accessible.  if it is (it's a very long, thin ribbon cable, about two inches wide...one of the longest ribbon cable connections in the laptop), then what you need to do is:  Open the back of the laptop, disconnect the AC (First), then disconnect the battery cable connector.

1) disconnect the keyboard cable by pulling the latch up and out (it's a small movement).
2) pull the cable.  The cable is a lot longer than you think it is, and has at least 2 inches of movement possible.
3) look for damage.  There may be a nick or tiny cut in the cable due to it coming into contact with components when it is "crunched" into the chassis like that and folded over.  If you see anything, you may be able to restore the connection by doing various pressure treatments on any areas that have a 'nick' in it.  Some people fixed the issue by bending the other way and applying electrical tape and so forth.  Another thing you can do is to take the cable end and see if there area any marks on it.  If there are, get some Deoxit D5 and a cloth, spray it on the cloth and then wipe it completely on the cable.  If black marks appear, then good, it means the cleaning is doing something.  Give both sides of the connector end a nice clean with Deoxit D5, wipe fully, then spray a new coat of Deoxit on both ends, do another wipe, but leave a thin coat on the very end, then reinsert the cable, give it some insertions and removals so deoxit gets into the light connector area, repeat again, then insert it and close it, then reassemble the laptop.  Deoxit is often good for these things because if connections or loose connections are dirty, it can clean particles that can cause a complete break and help restore the connection, as long as it is actually not severed.

Hope this helps !

Note: I've had this problem since around May, and my keys completely stopped working in October

niels_lucas

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #33 on: 31-December-18, 02:39:11 »

Hi, I also have this issue for some time. For me installing the driver System Control Manager (SCM) fixed my problem. Driver can be found here for the laptop I am using: https://www.msi.com/Laptop/support/GE62VR-6RF-Apache-Pro.html#down-driver&Win10%2064. I think there would also be one for yours.

Note: If you read the description it also said this
[font=DINPro-Regular, Arial, Verdana, Geneva, 微軟正黑體, sans-serif, sans-serif]SCM should be installed in order for all function keys to work properly.[/font][/color]

millercody22

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #34 on: 25-January-19, 17:31:14 »

My GT72 Dominator is having the same problem. It is with the Q R and D keys... Kinda essential keys for gaming......

dscott266

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #35 on: 09-February-19, 12:22:32 »

Don't expect MSI to accept responsibility for this because they won't. If you send it in under warranty they will tell you what they tell everyone, you SPILLED liquid on keyboard, which for most everyone is not true. They will want you to pay for it.

They have been having hardware problems with their keyboards for more than a year and don't want to resolve the issue.

Just don't ever buy another MSI laptop!

pigggglet

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #36 on: 13-March-19, 19:53:21 »

Just to be part of this party - I have exactly the  same issue with my MSI laptop. My "w" key spontaneously stop working or working too much, like this: wwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
All the drivers/BIOS magic from this topic didn't work for me. I believe that was my last buying from MSI, never again.

s.trixom

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #37 on: 16-June-19, 10:04:26 »

Same issue, here.
4 keys.

any fix yet ?

Rarolina

• Leftover Queen
  • PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #38 on: 18-June-19, 15:40:22 »

Hi everyone! I tried a lot of the fixes mentioned here and seemingly the one mentioning to update 'SCM' fixed my problem for now. So far I haven't restarted my computer, so it could be an issue with SCM running in general. 

GT72VR 6RE Dominator Pro

Q R D keys were the afflicted group. Currently working after half reinstalling SCM. 06/18/2019

mikelteveo

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #39 on: 25-June-19, 12:11:21 »

Same failure as all of you. But I found something surprising in this thread, reply nº 3 and nº 32 are true!!!!!, try it now, !!!!!!!!!

Just a light pressure with a finger between the touchpad and the keyboard, with that I fixed a couple of damaged letters, it comes and goes and are just two, others still do not work, it is due to the pressure of the keyboard cable.

This is a defect in the manufacture, in the design or say it as you want but I think it is MSI's fault

I just wrote to the support service of MSI Spain (where I live) explaining this, I'll tell you what they say ...

martijn_1993

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #40 on: 10-September-19, 04:34:16 »

FIX - FIXED - ANSWER - SOLUTION
------------------------------------------
Hi guys,
I had the same problem, but managed to fix it (at least for now). As others have suggested, the problem is likely in the hardware, not in the software.
I was at the point where a few keys (2, 8, u, /) basically didn't work at all. Also not with shift pressed or using any other tricks.
I opened my laptop, found the cable of the keyboard (see https://imgur.com/a/3YlURHR for my case: msi gs70), opened it, put it in place firmly, and closed it again.
That's it. It fixed my problem completely (at least for now). I'm not sure how long it will work, but has been working >24hrs including reboots.

Might be worthwhile to give it a shot.

WƧI ꓵƨԍʁ Էoʁnw

• MAJOR GENERAL
« Reply #41 on: 10-September-19, 10:27:41 »

FIX - FIXED - ANSWER - SOLUTION
------------------------------------------
Hi guys,
I had the same problem, but managed to fix it (at least for now). As others have suggested, the problem is likely in the hardware, not in the software.
I was at the point where a few keys (2, 8, u, /) basically didn't work at all. Also not with shift pressed or using any other tricks.
I opened my laptop, found the cable of the keyboard (see https://imgur.com/a/3YlURHR for my case: msi gs70), opened it, put it in place firmly, and closed it again.
That's it. It fixed my problem completely (at least for now). I'm not sure how long it will work, but has been working >24hrs including reboots.

Might be worthwhile to give it a shot.
Also you can use a thin shim to increase the contactpoint pressure.
Want the Full Meal Deal? ... On the ribbon cable:
  • Use some non corrosive or solvent based contact cleaner or deoxidizer, 
  • Finish with a thin film (Just a wipe) of waterproof electrical contact sealant.

martijn_1993

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #42 on: 25-September-19, 08:48:53 »

FIX - FIXED - ANSWER - SOLUTION ------------------------------------------ Hi guys, I had the same problem, but managed to fix it (at least for now). As others have suggested, the problem is likely in the hardware, not in the software. I was at the point where a few keys (2, 8, u, /) basically didn't work at all. Also not with shift pressed or using any other tricks. I opened my laptop, found the cable of the keyboard (see https://imgur.com/a/3YlURHR for my case: msi gs70), opened it, put it in place firmly, and closed it again. That's it. It fixed my problem completely (at least for now). I'm not sure how long it will work, but has been working >24hrs including reboots. Might be worthwhile to give it a shot.

Unfortunately I'm starting to experience some trouble again with the same keys :(
Will keep you updated whether it's fixed or also when it's not.

WƧI ꓵƨԍʁ Էoʁnw

• MAJOR GENERAL
« Reply #43 on: 25-September-19, 11:30:47 »

Unfortunately I'm starting to experience some trouble again with the same keys :(
Will keep you updated whether it's fixed or also when it's not.
Start a new thread, this is too old and people won't read what you posted, they respond to the OP.
Pages: [1]   Go Up