Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GS73VR 7RG Audio Crackling, Hissing, and No Bass  (Read 620 times)

trongodTopic starter

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
GS73VR 7RG Audio Crackling, Hissing, and No Bass
« on: 11-October-17, 20:32:59 »

Hello All,

I was wondering if anyone else with a GS73VR 7RG is experiencing any audio issues and might have found some kind of solution.  I am currently running version 6.0.1.8205 of the Realtek HD driver and version 2.5.19 of the Nahamic 2 software.  It seems to get the audio to sound even decent you need Nahamic running.  However, even when it's not running I am experiencing a lot of background hissing and crackling.  It's pretty annoying.  I thought the sound on the crazy expensive laptop would sound a lot better.  I also get hardly any bass at all from it and it's supposed to have a subwoofer.  I get better sound on my cheap Dell laptop I use at work.

I've tried older versions of both the Realtek driver and the Nahamic 2 software to no avail.  Any help would be much appreciated. I have attached a clip so you can actually hear how terrible it sounds.

SpeedJack

• CAPTAIN
Re: GS73VR 7RG Audio Crackling, Hissing, and No Bass
« Reply #1 on: 12-October-17, 23:22:33 »

Hi,

Please refer to update instructions below to update the Nahimic and Audio Driver.
Update instructions: https://www.msi.com/faq/notebook-2422

Download link: https://www.msi.com/Laptop/support/GS73VR-7RG-Stealth-Pro#down-driver&Win10%2064

If it doesn't work, please use MSI HelpDesk to export system information and compress (zip) the configuration txt file for us. Share the zip file to us and it would be easier to figure out what happened. You can find the latest version of HelpDesk in the download link below.
http://download.msi.com/uti_exe/nb/helpdesk.zip

lenick70

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #2 on: 13-October-17, 09:33:22 »

I think might be your issue kinda same with my issue I got before and the problem that is something wrong with the window updated. So my solution for this is:

1) Goto recovery in setting, then try to get early build (get back to before window update)
2) If the issue solve so the problem came from window update, so u should update "GeForce Experience"
3) After update driver in "GeForce Experience" then now you can update window normally.

I hope it helps!

trongodTopic starter

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #3 on: 09-February-19, 03:59:25 »

FYI, I still have this problem.  I think the sound on this laptop just sucked from the get go. Audio drivers helped a bit, never got any bass out of this laptop at all.  The subwoofer is just nonexistent.  Why even put a sub woofer in a laptop if you can never hear it.  I even tried rewiring the speakers.  No change.  It just has terrible sound period.

RaiderGamer

• CAPTAIN
« Reply #4 on: 09-February-19, 11:38:50 »

FYI, I still have this problem.  I think the sound on this laptop just sucked from the get go. Audio drivers helped a bit, never got any bass out of this laptop at all.  The subwoofer is just nonexistent.  Why even put a sub woofer in a laptop if you can never hear it.  I even tried rewiring the speakers.  No change.  It just has terrible sound period.

never make a final diagnoses on hardware until you totally reinstall windows clean and verify that the issue is still there before and after.

then after a clean install also update all the drivers and verify that the issue is there before and after as well

because otherwise there is a much higher chance that some hidden software issue is creating the illusion of a hardware issue

trongodTopic starter

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #5 on: 09-February-19, 11:51:54 »

I've repartitioned my nvme drive, installed a clean OS, and the problem still exists.

RaiderGamer

• CAPTAIN
« Reply #6 on: 09-February-19, 12:07:28 »

if you dont have warranty then i dont know if its the sound chip on the motherboard or just the speakers. replacing just speakers is easier/cheaper then replacing mobo

if headphones sound ok then u can use those or connect external speakers to the headphone jack. if those sound ok then it might just be the internal speakers and not the sound chip on the motherboard

beware the bluetooth usage for any external wireless sound devices can slow the 2g wifi due to interference

those stealth laptops are too thin. the sound on the new raider laptops is quite good. very loud and is High-Res certified

trongodTopic starter

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #7 on: 09-February-19, 12:15:10 »

Yes, I don't think this is the sound hardware itself. I think it has something to do with the wiring of the speakers.  There's another forum post that talks about the pin placement in the wiring harness.  I attempted to rewire them at one point and I saw a little bit of an improvement but overall still very little bass comes out of the subwoofer.  I find it very strange that for the amount of money paid for this laptop that a sub $1000 dell laptop I use at work blows it out of the water when it comes to audio and the bass is really great.  

At one point I was going to go through the RMA process, but it would have taken 30 days to RMA the laptop.  Sorry, that's just way to long to be without it. If I could find replacement speakers somewhere at least I would be able to troubleshoot with brand new speakers. I can't seem to find these parts anywhere.

shortyz5776

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #8 on: 11-February-19, 13:37:12 »

My gs63vr I bought used on eBay was shipped with “distorted speakers”. Which they were indeed pretty bad. But I opened it up and cleaned up the cones and put them back in securely (they just slide in on two posts with no bolts or anything) and now the distortion is gone. I did also do a full restore during that time so there’s a chance it might have been software but I highly doubt it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up