Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MSI Clutch GM70 Not Exactly Wireless  (Read 3251 times)

sbnemesysTopic starter

• SERGEANT
MSI Clutch GM70 Not Exactly Wireless
« on: 03-November-17, 22:24:10 »

So I just recently bought a couple of new gaming mice.  I decided to get the MSI Clutch GM70 to match my MSI laptop.  When it works, it works great.  However, it is supposed to also be wireless.  I plugged the wireless dongle into my usb port, at first I thought it was working, however I noticed that I cannot click on anything.  The pointer moves, but that is all.  I also noticed that the software is not very good either.  Why offer a wireless option if it does not function properly when wireless?   Anybody else have this problem?

dul666

• PRIVATE E-2
Re: MSI Clutch GM70 Not Exactly Wireless
« Reply #1 on: 17-December-17, 11:36:19 »

I do have the same issue, what a shame that the problem hasn't been fixed yet... I also noticed i have to unplug the mouse when I'm navigating into the BIOS (Asus Crosshair Formula V). First because it doesn't work at all but it even disturb my keyboard inputs ! I had none of those problems with my cheap but good 10 years old wireless Microsoft mouse...

matt

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #2 on: 08-January-18, 21:26:48 »

Same issue here unfortunately. A lot of money to drop on a mouse that doesn't work as it should.

sbnemesysTopic starter

• SERGEANT
« Reply #3 on: 09-January-18, 00:13:54 »

It really is a true shame.  This mouse looks and feels great to use.  Granted, it took a while to set up the sensitivity to where I like it, and I like the lighting on it as well.  But I use this with my GT73VR and wireless is a must for me.  I was up in the air on getting this mouse or the Logitech g903.  I went with the Clutch GM70, but after having issues with this mouse I decided to go out and get the Logitech G903.  I am much happier with the Logitech.  MSI makes great computers, however it seems that they have a lot of work to do when it comes to their peripherals. 

Being a gamer, I really wanted to love the Clutch gaming mouse.  And I did enjoy it wired when I got the setting where I liked it.  But even then the software wouldn't always save my settings.  The color options would reset every time I plugged it in.  And wireless use is a joke.  They spent more time on the aesthetics and looks than they did on the functionality and software.  And I see no updates in the near future either.  I may stick with MSI in the future for computers, but there are way better options for peripherals.   Just a hardcore gamer giving some advice.

dul666

• PRIVATE E-2

Hey guys I'm coming with some good news,

After noticing that we looked like the only ones on internet with this issue, the wireless one, I figure it out that it must come from something as simple as a bad setting somewhere. MSI can't be so wrong with such expensive mice.
So obviously the right and left click are not broken because they're working fine while wired... Must be some kind of MSI software/firmware or W10 settings (double click speed?) issue then...
Then the hard part started: I tried to check all this paramaters while wireless. It took me lot of time and patience but with persistence sometimes left click is working or you can also use keybord to naviguate.
Well I finally ended noticing that when wired and opening MSI Gaming Center the firmware version was 27 and when i finally succed opening it while wireless the firmware version was 7 or 8 (i don't quite remember) but it straight asked me to update it, which of course i did !

PROBLEM SOLVED !
Now the wireless firmware version is 14 and everything is working perfectly well :D :D :D
I wish this could help you aswell guys ;-)

I still have some random deconnection/reconnection issues though, even while wirred.

sbnemesysTopic starter

• SERGEANT
« Reply #5 on: 19-March-18, 23:04:52 »

If it is a software issue then it would be great if MSI could finally fix it. however I feel it is a bit too late for that.  I just submitted an RMA for mine.  If I can get this mouse to work properly, that would be awesome.  I love the feel of this mouse, but I want it to be wireless.  I love the lighting on it too, it is a unique design.  If I can get it to work right, this may be my primary mouse.

petruskaakos

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #6 on: 12-March-19, 12:56:40 »

Same issue is here , but my mouse firmware in wireless mode is 22 . I think MSI won't be fix this issue with the mouse . I should have bought Logitech mouse :(

hans

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #7 on: 27-June-19, 14:13:49 »

Hi, I have exactly the same problem. 
Bought a GM70, installed it and working. Then I installed the Gaming Center. It found a firmware update and ofcourse I installed it.
After that, no more response. De_installed it, uninstall all the software and started over. Again, firmware bit this time I started in wireless mode. And it worked. I have version 22 in wireless mode now.
After that I wired it so I could charge it. When it reached 100% I took the cable out and nothing. No more mouse.
Restarted the pc, placed the dongle in an other port and paired it again. This worked. I now have a wireless working mouse but zero confidence.
Anyone else has this problem? And knows a fix? Every no and then I have to charge it.

I think the problem is in the two seperated functions, wired and wireless and both having different firmwares. Bit dissappointed in MSI while I have my second laptop.
Pages: [1]   Go Up