Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GPU recommendation that can support 4k resolution and 60fps  (Read 299 times)

dexplorer11Topic starter

• PRIVATE E-2

Im looking to purchase a GPU that can produce at least 60 fps, and 4k resolution and will be pairing this to a monitor with 144Hz. Please provide me a list of what GPUs that can that that can provide this requirement. Thank you and advance.

Asus Rog Strix z390-e gaming
Core i7-9700k CPU
corsair vengeance rgb pro 32gb

samsung evo plus 1TB

Nichrome

• Global Moderator

Hi

4K and 60fps depend on a game you play. Even integrated graphics of your CPU can do 4K 60fps if you play minesweeper :rolleyes: ;D 

Details, we need details. What's your budget, what games you intend to play..
I only take responsibility for what I say, not for what you understand.  Any posts are my own views!

Errors are red, My screen is blue .I think I deleted, System32

dexplorer11Topic starter

• PRIVATE E-2

Thanks for your reply,

My goal is to setup dual booting with Win 10 and hackintosh.

4k video editing using Adobe Premier or Final Cut
COD WWII
Forza 4,
etc..

Nichrome

• Global Moderator

In that case you're looking at RTX2080, or if you're willing to spend more, RTX2080Ti.
I only take responsibility for what I say, not for what you understand.  Any posts are my own views!

dexplorer11Topic starter

• PRIVATE E-2

Anything less than 500 and prefer AMD GPUs for hackintosh compatibility.

Not sure if this card is capable of 4k res video editing or gaming at 60fps:
https://www.amazon.com/MSI-RX-Vega-Air-Boost/dp/B078DZR5YK/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=MSI+Video+Card+Radeon+RX+Vega+56+Air+Boost+8G+OC&qid=1565645430&s=gateway&sr=8-1

Nichrome

• Global Moderator

I wouldn't count on AMD being any good for 4k 60fps.
https://www.pcgamesn.com/amd-rx-vega-56-review-benchmarks#nn-graph-sheet-metro-exodus
Scroll down to 4K and check benchmark results. AMD is generally low end compared to what Nvidia offers. It's decent for 1080p gaming, but 4k? No..

johndough247

• PRIVATE E-2

From my experience, $500 (assuming you mean USD) is a bit low for what you're asking, unless you plan on reducing your detail settings in the game to low levels. I have the MSi RTX 2080 Gaming X Trio and I run triple 1080p (5760 x 1080) with multi-projection enabled; this and VR are about as close to 4K as possible in terms of workload (4K being slightly worse due to having more pixels to render). 

On ultra settings on the most GPU intense modern game I own (Assetto Corsa Competizione), it won't sustain 60 FPS especially in night and/or rain races...dialing things back to medium-high, it'll do 60 - 80 FPS in the dry, so expect less in the rain at night. As someone else suggested, current AMD cards can't match RTX 2080 performance...If you want 4K @ 60FPS AND have it looking pretty, RTX 2080 ti is the answer, else RTX 2080. I had a real Mac Pro (2009 4,1) and you can run Nvidia cards on them, you just need to get a flashed version and that raises the price by another $100 or so. I had a 980 ti in mine and it ran perfectly in OS X, Windows 7 and the EFI.

If you really have to go AMD though, your closest bet seems to be the Radeon VII which seems to be close to a stock RTX 2080 performance. But that's a $650 - 700 card.
Pages: [1]   Go Up