Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: windows 10 version 1709 update errors  (Read 2612 times)

anthonysnyTopic starter

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS

hi guys 

Windows 10 is trying to update to Version 1709, and I'm getting this error - 0x800705b4

I literally just got the computer back from warranty support last night. Turned it on to let windows do its updates, and its been stuck in this loop of downloading the update and failing the install. 

I tried rebooting 3 times. Also ran disk cleanup. Result was still the same. 

Rinesari

• SERGEANT
« Reply #1 on: 21-January-18, 03:44:39 »

This is not a MSI issues happens for some people with diffrens brand as well. 

have you try the MCT Tools? for the update and by pass the windows update? 

You Cold downlads the MCT Tools here 
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

And just do a basic update normaly fix the update issues.

jashayre

• CORPORAL
« Reply #2 on: 10-February-18, 14:01:45 »

hi guys

Windows 10 is trying to update to Version 1709, and I'm getting this error - 0x800705b4

I literally just got the computer back from warranty support last night. Turned it on to let windows do its updates, and its been stuck in this loop of downloading the update and failing the install.

I tried rebooting 3 times. Also ran disk cleanup. Result was still the same.

I have the exact same problem for 4 months or so now :(   My PC has X99A-GODLIKE-GAMING-CARBON and i7-6850K

Tried everything and it just keeps failing.  Even downloaded the new Win10 ISO file and tried to reinstall Win10.  Same result.

jashayre

• CORPORAL
« Reply #3 on: 10-February-18, 14:06:06 »

This is not a MSI issues happens for some people with diffrens brand as well.

have you try the MCT Tools? for the update and by pass the windows update?

You Cold downlads the MCT Tools here
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

And just do a basic update normaly fix the update issues.

Tried this.  It was my attempt tp install the new Win10 ISO.  Failed the same way :(

remco

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #4 on: 15-February-18, 10:21:46 »

Windows 10 tries to update from 1703 to 1709 (Creators Fall Update) . My system crashes as is tries to boot after this update.
The error code I get is 0xc00000bb

This is error has been experienced by many others. see the link below. It is caused by the combination of a NVMe SSD boot drive on a X299 motherboard.

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Windows-10/1703-gt-1709-BSOD-0xc00000bb-on-devices-with-NVMe-SSD-s/td-p/130851/page/3

Asus has produced a BIOS update for their motherboards ( very nice of them ) that fixes this problem.
Please don't let down your loyal MSI customers.

Remco

jashayre

• CORPORAL
« Reply #5 on: 15-February-18, 15:05:57 »

Windows 10 tries to update from 1703 to 1709 (Creators Fall Update) . My system crashes as is tries to boot after this update.
The error code I get is 0xc00000bb

This is error has been experienced by many others. see the link below. It is caused by the combination of a NVMe SSD boot drive on a X299 motherboard.

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Windows-10/1703-gt-1709-BSOD-0xc00000bb-on-devices-with-NVMe-SSD-s/td-p/130851/page/3

Asus has produced a BIOS update for their motherboards ( very nice of them ) that fixes this problem.
Please don't let down your loyal MSI customers.

Remco

Thank you Remco.  This is my problem precisely! 

Godlike Carbon X99A motherboard and Samsung SM951 M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD boot drive.

irman

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #6 on: 24-February-18, 04:28:38 »

"Dear MSI team". Are You going to give us of any support in this problem? Or should we begin to beg on a knees? It starts to be unpleasant and pathetic. Please take an example from the ASUS company. They know how to take care of their solid clients.

[font=SegoeUI, Lato, "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]My problematic setup:[/font]
[font=SegoeUI, Lato, "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]X99A Gaming Pro Carbon (MS-7A20 installed version 1.30)[/font]
[font=SegoeUI, Lato, "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Samsung 960 Pro M2 NVMe SSD 512GB firmware version 4B6QCXP7[/font]
[font=SegoeUI, Lato, "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Windows 10 Pro 64-bit version 1607 (14393.2068)[/font]

jashayre

• CORPORAL
« Reply #7 on: 27-February-18, 21:20:39 »

I have a PC full of high end MSI components, and this lack of support has put me off buying MSI again.   Not only that, but everyone is reading about MSI's poor support on MicroSoft's forum.

mariushas

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #8 on: 01-March-18, 15:19:02 »

:biggthumbsup: Finally - works:biggthumbsup: Windows 10 1709 on MSI AE2420 3D
The network/Bluetooth extension card must be removed.
For that you must unscrew 5 screws.
On the back there is an small plastic cover with 2 screws. Remove it
Next, a metal cover with 2 screws, remove it.
Under this you have access at 2 slots for mini cards.
One for TV-Card - much longer and one for wireless/Bluetooth card.
Disconnect the antenna wires (2 wires), unscrew the screw that secures the minicard and REMOVE THE CARD.

After that you can install/upgrade Windows 10  - 1709
OR you can expect a better build from Microsoft

P.S.
The problem with renesas usb 3.0 remains but it's OK at USB 2

Good Luck!

jashayre

• CORPORAL
« Reply #9 on: 01-March-18, 16:10:48 »

That's not a solution for the vast majority of us, sadly.

My PC has no Bluetooth/wifi extension card.

X99A-GODLIKE-GAMING-CARBON.   Using Samsung SM951 M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD  as boot drive C:

leesanchez85

• PRIVATE E-2
  • ༺•🔱🇱 🇪 🇪🔱•༻ ツ
« Reply #10 on: 12-March-18, 08:06:15 »

Hi! 
I had the same error code problem six times. Previous versions of Win10 got some issues with hardware specially 64 bit PC's.
I resolved the issue by manually downloading the Falls Creator's Update using Windows 10 Update Assistant. 
You can download it here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
I hope this will also resolve your issue regarding the update.
༺•🔱🇱 🇪 🇪🔱•༻ ツ

jashayre

• CORPORAL
« Reply #11 on: 23-March-18, 19:15:24 »

Getting EXTREMELY ANNOYED now with this.

No fix or communication on this from MSI (or Microsoft).

Last MSI product I ever buy!

darkphoenix.spv

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #12 on: 29-March-18, 09:34:40 »

Recently just came across this issue too. Keeps failing to install...

tismark

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #13 on: 31-March-18, 20:56:06 »

Have been having problems installing 1709 for weeks. It was going on probably longer than I realized.

There's no real error message if updating. If I'm not sitting in front of the computer when it's updating I'd miss it. On one of what I guess to be the last steps, it reboots and then throws a message that it's reverting to the previous version of windows. Then in the next 24 hours or so it starts downloading the same update all over again and informs you it has an update to install later. After I saw the message that it was reverting I realized those previous attempts had been just as fruitless.

I tried downloading the ISO for Windows 10 1709 and installing from the ISO. That did not work either but when windows reverted I did at least get the following error message:

0x8007042b - 0x4000d

The installation failed in the second_boot phase with an error during migrate_data operation

There was a little bit more before that but basically just saying that the update failed. I have tried about a dozen times to install this on top of the number of times it tried and failed without me. I'm at the give up point. I finally managed to purge the update files and downloaded a windows program that lets you hide problematic updates. I don't know what security fixes I'm missing  out on but I'm hoping whatever follows 1709 contains those and will actually succeed in installing on my MSI laptop.  I have seen others having this same problem but every possible solution led to a blind alley. The only one left aside from hiding it seems to be a complete reinstall of windows and I'm too busy to lose days of my life reinstalling windows and all the other software I use. I know others are having this problem who aren't on MSI, but on the off chance it's a problem that does need them to make a BIOS change to accommodate it, I hope they are listening...  Another reason I don't want to do a clean install right now. What if it fails for some other reason?

I also submitted this problem on Microsoft's feedback hub.

Rinesari

• SERGEANT
« Reply #14 on: 24-April-18, 12:34:13 »

You can get updates errors if you have a 3 part antivirus software.
Pages: [1]   Go Up