Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No place for mice  (Read 757 times)

tomcat22002005Topic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
No place for mice
« on: 06-March-18, 00:01:45 »

Just bought the Clutch GM70 Mouse and lo and behold neither software for it function at all. The gaming center shows up and no mouse under the icon shows anything. It is greyed out as if the mouse doesn't exist. Even better the MSI MysticLight software just crashes at launch, so now I have some strange default light pattern but nothing to control the lights with.  Even better the support page here shows a 404 error when accessing the support page and there seems to be no one home anywhere on the site for ANY type of contact. Now I come to the fun forums and for products there is any selection for anything BUT mice. It's as if the mouse product does not exist. MSI didn't miss a beat datamining for the registration. That page exists. They even found my mouse after two tries from the serial number.

I have come to the obvious conclusion that MSI does not exist. There are two guys in marketing, one of which is stoned most of the time, and he is the idea guy, with one part time web coder, who is a relative of the other marketing guy. Both of them knock off for the day when either of them show up for work. I hope you graphics card guys enjoyed this post, because there is no where else to post for my product.

P.S. Don't load the drivers from MSI. Even my graphics card drivers from MSI hasn't worked either since I got that product either. They crash as soon as you try to launch them. I had to load the OEM drivers to get anything to work. MSI has loaded them down with crap to the point they don't work. All advertising and dartamining and no function.

In case any humans show up to see if the lights are even on at MSI, my email addy is (REMOVED EMAIL ADDRESS)

Snipe_820

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #1 on: 09-March-18, 23:16:40 »

:users:  Sorry to hear you had so much trouble.  :users:

badboy2k

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: 15-March-18, 07:41:05 »

i Removed your Email Address as that is a stupid thing to add here as its asking for random people to spam your Email with Spam!
Motherboard: MSI 790FX-GD70 (bios 1.17) AM3
Processor:AMD phenom IIx4 955 black edition 3.2GHz processor(Clock speed of 4GHz)
Cooler: corsair H100 cooler
Ram: 16GB Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600MHz ram (2 dual channel kits model: CMP8GX3M2A1600C9) (underclocked at 1333MHz)
GPU: 1: MSI R7870 -2GD5T/OC @ 1155mhz , 2: MSI R7850-Twin Frozer 2GD5/OC @ 925mhz
PSU: Thermaltake tougthpower 1500W (+12v1 20A, +12v2 20A, +12v3 40A, +12v4 40A) (+12v1=20+4 connector, +12v2=CPU power, +12v3=PCI_E connections, +12v4 = molex+sata+PCI_E connectors  )
Extras: 1 x 4 port raid card (model SIL3114) ASUS Xonar Essence STX sound card PCI-E X1.

sbnemesys

• SERGEANT
« Reply #3 on: 20-March-18, 05:30:54 »

I too have the MSI Clutch GM70, and like you I have had nothing but issues with the thing.  When wired, it does work quite good.  However, I purchased it for the wireless function.  For the money this mouse cost, it should work flawlessly.  

As I mentioned, it does work quite good (for the most part) wired; though the software is extremely buggy.  Almost every time I open the software the setting get reset.  But my biggest issue is the wireless function.  Like your problem, when wireless the software fails to find the mouse.  The cursor will move around, however none of the buttons work at all.  Kind of pointless if you cannot click on anything.  

Still have yet to get it fixed.  I have found myself going between two different mice now though, but I would like to get my GM70 working to finally see how well that would work wirelessly.  It seems this is a very common issue though with no fix.

jordan285

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #4 on: 31-March-18, 17:37:59 »

i have the gm60 my mouse constantly disconnects in the middle of games i have no idea y i hope they will bring a firmware patch out

psyrecx

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #5 on: 01-April-18, 07:32:41 »

The MSI Gaming Center will not detect the mouse without it being plugged in. The software is still a bit buggy even with it plugged in, as some of the settings seem to not exactly stay upon exiting the program. I don't know if the draw rate setting ever changes or if it just stays the same no matter what. MysticLight doesn't work at all. 

Also, I got argued with after calling support because there are no drivers. The skilled support agent claimed that the mouse works without drivers so why should MSI produce drivers for their devices.
Pages: [1]   Go Up