Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MSl GS63VR 7RF Stealth Pro Making Weird Fan Noises  (Read 476 times)

crimsonstreakTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2

Hi all,

Hope you guys are having a lit day, I've been experiencing a weird problem since yesterday, my stealth pro's fans have been making weird loud screeching noises with random intervals. Sometimes, the fans are also making loud buzzing sounds and it's just really really uncomfortable. I did open it up a bit to check, I cleaned up a little bit of dust to see if it helped but that's unfortunately not where the problem lies. Also I reset my PC like an hour ago to see if it'd fix some things up but it didn't do much. Please help me get this resolved. I bought this laptop around 8 months ago in one of the bestbuys in manhattan. I'm a little new to all this so please bare with me and help me out.  I'm thinking of taking it to a service center in India (thats where I live rn) but the nearest one is like a couple hundred KM, if nothing I do works I'll probably end up taking it in however.

Thanks in advance, 
Theguyyoudontneedtoknowthenameof

crimsonstreakTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
Re: MSl GS63VR 7RF Stealth Pro Making Weird Fan Noises
« Reply #1 on: 16-April-18, 18:02:29 »

Also just for extra info, the RPM of the fan has been reduced significantly from what I've observed, the cpu fan used to go up to 7200 rpm when on cooler boost mode in dragon center but now it keeps fluctuating between 300- 5000 rpm , and whenever I change the fan setting it starts making really loud buzzing noises that have random intervals in between them, it stops randomly and then occurs again. Also in the above post, I'm talking about the cpu fan, the gpu fans seem to be working fine.

joshdagoy28

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #2 on: 05-February-19, 11:48:51 »

hey. the same thing happened to my almost 4 month old gs63vr 7rf. how did you repair it?

RaiderGamer

• CAPTAIN
« Reply #3 on: 05-February-19, 14:52:26 »

open it all the way and check if the fan noise stops or is rubbing on anything. try oiling it maybe(dont know if oiling is safe)

order a new fan.

skelly

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #4 on: 11-February-19, 10:35:15 »

This is my second replacement GS73VR for the exact same issue... both times the fan broke and starting making a humming, clicking sound.   Setup a support ticket with MSI and they should fix it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up