Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Synaptics Touchpad problems  (Read 2991 times)

dillank73Topic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
Synaptics Touchpad problems
« on: 22-April-18, 03:19:50 »

The last Windows update made a mess of my touchpad. I no longer have the Synaptics icon on my taskbar, and my touchpad driver no longer turns off the touchpad whenever my mouse is connected. It's extremely annoying. I reinstalled the touchpad driver from Synaptics, and it seemed to work, but after I shut down my computer for the night, the next day again the icon was gone and again the touchpad was active when I plugged in my mouse.  I can't seem to fix this. The driver registry says it's a Synaptics driver running the touchpad, but I am unable to access the controls for turning it on and off when my mouse is plugged in. I can access the driver within the Windows Device Manager, but I cannot access the Synaptics program interface. It's very frustrating. I hope I have explained the situation adequately.

Michael Morrison

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #1 on: 22-April-18, 03:24:11 »

Mate, I have the same issue, no one can help us.
MSI GE73 Raider RGB 8RF

Michael Morrison

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #2 on: 22-April-18, 03:26:30 »

The last Windows update made a mess of my touchpad. I no longer have the Synaptics icon on my taskbar, and my touchpad driver no longer turns off the touchpad whenever my mouse is connected. It's extremely annoying. I reinstalled the touchpad driver from Synaptics, and it seemed to work, but after I shut down my computer for the night, the next day again the icon was gone and again the touchpad was active when I plugged in my mouse.  I can't seem to fix this. The driver registry says it's a Synaptics driver running the touchpad, but I am unable to access the controls for turning it on and off when my mouse is plugged in. I can access the driver within the Windows Device Manager, but I cannot access the Synaptics program interface. It's very frustrating. I hope I have explained the situation adequately.

Just wait the new build of Windows 10 1803, I hope, they will fix that.
MSI GE73 Raider RGB 8RF

sydneyblue203

• FIRST LIEUTENANT
« Reply #3 on: 22-April-18, 03:34:51 »

Same here enough is enough
MSI GT73EVR 7RE TITAN  3.9 7820hk 1070 GTX Samsung 250GB NVME M.2 GSKILL RIPJAWS 2400Mhz 2x8GB

DarkwingsDuck

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #4 on: 22-April-18, 04:00:48 »

There is a similar thread on this forum:
https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=302232.0

Not sure if the following post will solve any of the issues mentioned above.  Found the post by bbok3k from Notebook Review Forum:
http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/msi-ge63vr-ge73vr-raider-laptops.806824/page-142#post-10713944

Attention: Windows is pushing this stupid-ass touchpad driver update 19.5.10.128. It's completely removing the Synaptics program features (the Hardware tab when you open up the Synaptics SMBus Touchpad under Device Manager). I've tried literally every solution online to prevent windows from updating my drivers but it either doesn't work or attempting to temporarily hide the driver update isn't successful because it installs it too quickly. The only thing that works is uninstalling, booting to safe mode to install older driver, then preventing Windows Update through O&O Shutup. Incidentally the toggle options for Automatic driver updates through Windows Update disabled and Disable automatic downloading manufacturers' apps and icons for devices and Automatic app updates through Windows Update disabled don't stop the touchpad drivers from downloading and installing because apparently W10 Update is too godlike. The firstr update of this version got pushed a few weeks ago, I rolled back to old driver as final solution but there were still bugs (touchpad didn't work *at all* once I selected disable when external USB mouse inserted), and now it's pushing the driver again, but a new driver date 03/14/2018, before it was 01/25/2018. Bugs from rolling back touchpad driver was result of rollback, not driver version.

tldr: Touchpad driver 19.3.4.193 from MSI website is fine, but W10 is pushing new driver update 19.5.10.125/19.5.128 that is ****ing up my ****, and all the solutions online to prevent W10 driver update hasn't worked for me. Rolling back is my final solution, but bugs emerge when using rollback. No bugs if I reinstall in Safe Mode and use O&O Shutup to completely disable W10 Update.
GE63VR 7RF-001

Charles.Hilton

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #5 on: 22-April-18, 09:24:45 »

Have you guys tried rolling back the driver? Go to device manager, right-click on the device, go to properties, select Roll Back Driver.

Michael Morrison

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #6 on: 22-April-18, 12:25:29 »

Have you guys tried rolling back the driver? Go to device manager, right-click on the device, go to properties, select Roll Back Driver.

It didn't help...
MSI GE73 Raider RGB 8RF

timofonic

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #7 on: 22-April-18, 19:54:05 »

EDIT: To the moderators...

Please merge both threads: https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=302972.msg1757163

timmysaurs

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
« Reply #8 on: 21-October-18, 12:31:17 »

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp58501-59000/sp58645.exe

install this by removing synaptics from DEVICE MANAGER and restart. DON'T CONNECT TO INTERNET.
and then install this link driver and restart.
you're good to go

JasperW

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #9 on: 05-November-18, 07:06:04 »

I had the Microsoft crappy update of version 19.5.10.128 or 19.5.10.134 for my synaptics touchpad
I have a GE62VR 6RF, but maybe my solution could also work on other laptops?

I solved this problem by downloading Synaptics_v19_5_31_3__C__x64__Win10__Si gned from the MSI website from the download page for driver software for a newer laptop model, I picked the GE63 Raider, but you could probably also choose another one.
https://www.msi.com/Laptop/support/GE63-Raider-RGB-8RE#down-driver&Win10%2064
Then I followed the MSI instructions to install INF driver files:
https://www.msi.com/faq/notebook-3177
After a couple of reboots and activating / installing the "SynMsiDApp" from synaptics from the Microsoft store, I am happy to report the status tray icon in the taskbar is back. Also via the "SynMsiDApp" I can edit the device settings. It is still not in the mouse / touchpad properties, however it is functional and disabling the touchpad works once again, including via Fn+F3.

Hope this helps some others as well. Of course I cannot 100% guarantee it will work on your specific laptop model.

To add:

If you try installing the package and you get an error, try https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=310643.msg1784858#msg1784858

right click on the installation file, go to digital signatrues and import and install that certifiact to you local machine ( not user ) and install it in the trusted root . itll work after that.

To add 2/
Afterward Microsoft auto updated the driver to 19.5.31.11 but it is still working.

free103486

• SECOND LIEUTENANT
« Reply #10 on: 06-November-18, 06:46:13 »

I had the Microsoft crappy update of version 19.5.10.128 or 19.5.10.134 for my synaptics touchpad
I have a GE62VR 6RF, but maybe my solution could also work on other laptops?

I solved this problem by downloading Synaptics_v19_5_31_3__C__x64__Win10__Signed from the MSI website from the download page for driver software for a newer laptop model, I picked the GE63 Raider, but you could probably also choose another one.
https://www.msi.com/Laptop/support/GE63-Raider-RGB-8RE#down-driver&Win10%2064
Then I followed the MSI instructions to install INF driver files:
https://www.msi.com/faq/notebook-3177
After a couple of reboots and activating / installing the "SynMsiDApp" from synaptics from the Microsoft store, I am happy to report the status tray icon in the taskbar is back. Also via the "SynMsiDApp" I can edit the device settings. It is still not in the mouse / touchpad properties, however it is functional and disabling the touchpad works once again, including via Fn+F3.

Hope this helps some others as well. Of course I cannot 100% guarantee it will work on your specific laptop model.

To add:

If you try installing the package and you get an error, try https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=310643.msg1784858#msg1784858

right click on the installation file, go to digital signatrues and import and install that certifiact to you local machine ( not user ) and install it in the trusted root . itll work after that.

To add 2/
Afterward Microsoft auto updated the driver to 19.5.31.11 but it is still working.
Thanks for your detailed information and sharing!
I've tried your first solution and it worked.
But I can't automatically update the Synaptics driver via Windows update, I clicked "Update Driver" in Device Manager and updated the driver to 19.5.31.11. After finished installing the driver, I download the SynMsiDApp on the Microsoft Store. After that my whole touchpad function works normally now.

JasperW

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #11 on: 06-November-18, 13:03:45 »

Happy to hear it worked for you as well!

sirtomo

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #12 on: 04-December-18, 21:50:26 »

Hi All I recently purchased the GP63 Leopard-428 8RF laptop exclusive from Newegg. I might have to return it. I have a major issue with the Synaptics TouchPad. The factory driver out of the box is 19.5.31.3. The device cannot 2 finger scroll properly without causing a random highlight and drag or scale in, scale out of screen. The mouse pointer may race off the screen as well. The pointer might let go of the scrolling page and jump higher or lower as though I moved the mouse with one finger. The tap sensitivity is too high. Lowering it in windows settings has no effect.

I updated to a new MSI driver using MSI Help Desk. It is v19.5.31.11. It doesn't come with SynMsiDApp after installing the driver. In fact if I double click the package installer file in the zip folder SynMsi_v19005.31011.0.0_x64.appx to install it but it fails with an error message that a certificate is invalid or missing. I installed the SynMsiDApp from the Microsoft Store but it thinks my driver is 19.5.31.5. It will allow me to change some settings but I still have issues.

I've tried doing a Reset PC within Windows 10 and also did a Rest Factory Default Settings using the F3 reboot. I've updated the BIOS and the EC with no changes. I'm starting to wonder if this is a hardware problem because the TouchPad is once piece with the GP63 chassis and the TouchPad never show a state of being stable. Has anyone else got around this problem?

Windows TouchPad / Mouse settings does not show precision touchpad settings as shown in the MSI FAQ.
https://www.msi.com/faq/workstation-3251

I noticed my model number is left out of the Applicable Models. GP63 Leonard 8RF. Please help!

free103486

• SECOND LIEUTENANT
« Reply #13 on: 05-December-18, 06:23:25 »

Hi All I recently purchased the GP63 Leopard-428 8RF laptop exclusive from Newegg. I might have to return it. I have a major issue with the Synaptics TouchPad. The factory driver out of the box is 19.5.31.3. The device cannot 2 finger scroll properly without causing a random highlight and drag or scale in, scale out of screen. The mouse pointer may race off the screen as well. The pointer might let go of the scrolling page and jump higher or lower as though I moved the mouse with one finger. The tap sensitivity is too high. Lowering it in windows settings has no effect.

I updated to a new MSI driver using MSI Help Desk. It is v19.5.31.11. It doesn't come with SynMsiDApp after installing the driver. In fact if I double click the package installer file in the zip folder SynMsi_v19005.31011.0.0_x64.appx to install it but it fails with an error message that a certificate is invalid or missing. I installed the SynMsiDApp from the Microsoft Store but it thinks my driver is 19.5.31.5. It will allow me to change some settings but I still have issues.

I've tried doing a Reset PC within Windows 10 and also did a Rest Factory Default Settings using the F3 reboot. I've updated the BIOS and the EC with no changes. I'm starting to wonder if this is a hardware problem because the TouchPad is once piece with the GP63 chassis and the TouchPad never show a state of being stable. Has anyone else got around this problem?

Windows TouchPad / Mouse settings does not show precision touchpad settings as shown in the MSI FAQ.
https://www.msi.com/faq/workstation-3251

I noticed my model number is left out of the Applicable Models. GP63 Leonard 8RF. Please help!
For how to install the appx, you can refer to this post.
For the touchpad setting, you need to launch the SynMsiDApp first, if you want to adjust settings, make sure you do not disable the touchpad(Fn+F2 or Plug-in external mouse)

sirtomo

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #14 on: 05-December-18, 10:35:12 »

For how to install the appx, you can refer to this post. For the touchpad setting, you need to launch the SynMsiDApp first, if you want to adjust settings, make sure you do not disable the touchpad(Fn+F2 or Plug-in external mouse)

That's funny I actually tried doing that earlier today but in my case I used Trusted Root Certification Authorities to install it.
My TrackPad still has a mind of it's own when using 2 finger vertical scrolling. :(

free103486

• SECOND LIEUTENANT
« Reply #15 on: 06-December-18, 12:15:51 »

Maybe record a video to share how you feel the touchpad when using 2 fingers vertical scrolling?

sirtomo

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #16 on: 06-December-18, 20:44:46 »

I had made one early on

free103486

• SECOND LIEUTENANT
« Reply #17 on: 10-December-18, 02:20:00 »

Try to uninstall all drivers relative to the touchpad, including the touchpad, external mouse, SSE...etc.
Or install a pure OS to verify if the touchpad still has the same issue or not.
If the problem still exist, the best solution is go to service center for help
Pages: [1]   Go Up