Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 990FXA-GD65 Installing a new Graphics card  (Read 121 times)

flinter555Topic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
990FXA-GD65 Installing a new Graphics card
« on: 15-May-18, 21:43:07 »

Its old at this point, I know. Anyways I installed a new graphics card (Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1060 Windforce OC 6G) However when booting up for the first time afterwards, (i am guessing this was POST) it would hang on B2. It would stay there for about 1-3minutes. Then a Line at the top of the screen (reds, whites and yellows) Then black screen, then a boot up to windows as if nothing was wrong. Loading up windows 10 went alittle slow, but everything else is fine.

However I was worried about the B2 hang, as my computer normally starts up to windows 10 really fast (though older computer and windows takes awhile lol). So I googled B2.

B2 = Legacy Option ROM Initialization

Now i saw meanings for this ranging from (most people were putting older GPU's into the motherboard, never the other way around.)
So i assumed that I should update my UEFI/BIOS. However when going through, I saw this warning.  (it will be linked in attachments as well)

and as I saw that the utilities all were for Win 8 64 and not win 8.1 64 I was curious if it is still "safe" to update the UEFI/bios

Thanks for the time :) i hope this is in the right section too lol

flinter555Topic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #1 on: 16-May-18, 01:12:12 »

(some reason i couldn't edit the post further) I also cannot get into the bios. When i go to it, it is a very small screen in the top left side of my monitor, on top of that, nothing shows up. Like a power point that hasn't been filled out yet. Thats probably the best way to describe it currently

Svet

• T9246ED, Бивша комета
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 17-May-18, 21:43:53 »

flash your bios to the latest version before try to run this card
Pages: [1]   Go Up