Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: X470 gaming pro usb 3.1 gen2 stop working  (Read 1404 times)

silentprayercgTopic starter

• SERGEANT
« Reply #50 on: 12-June-18, 10:47:24 »

Hoops, I do not remember but have you already tried at home with the mobo out of the case (place it on a non-conductive surface like a wooden table or the cardbox)?  Perhaps, a shortage between mobo and case!
In fact, I suspect that it could works because that should explain why the technician at the shop was able to see the ASMedia port (without beeing a magician): he has tested the mobo out of your case...
I want to believe! ;D
:hat tip:
shouldn't it gave no power then? if there is kinda protection against shortage?? hhhm... as long there is no need to detach radiator i can test in on table.

also, if there is really shortage? what i should to do? just duct tape this section of case? or duct tape whole back wall?

rbleroy91

• LIEUTENANT COLONEL
  • RBL_FR
« Reply #51 on: 12-June-18, 12:30:55 »

as long there is no need to detach radiator i can test in on table.
I really believe that it was usefull to do that. I blame myself for not having thought of it before. :bonk:
also, if there is really shortage? what i should to do? just duct tape this section of case? or duct tape whole back wall?
Do not worry, we will study that after, if shortage there is! :yes: Such repair is less binding than a RMA.
It would be so nice if that was only that...
MSI X99A XPower Gaming Titanium (Bios 1.54)  –  Windows 7-10 Pro x64 (1803)  –  i7-6850K + BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 + Corsair Vengeance LPX Series DDR4 3466MHz 4x16Go + MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G + SSD Samsung, 1x 850 PRO 512GB (SATA) & 1x 960 PRO 2TB (NVMe) + HD SATAIII Seagate Barracuda, 7x 1TB & 1x 3TB + LG BR R/W + BeQuiet! Dark Power Pro 11 1000W 80PLUS Platinum +  BeQuiet! Dark Base Pro 900

• SERGEANT
« Reply #52 on: 12-June-18, 13:31:05 »

I really believe that it was usefull to do that. I blame myself for not having thought of it before. :bonk: Do not worry, we will study that after, if shortage there is! :yes: Such repair is less binding than a RMA.
It would be so nice if that was only that...
bless sacred god of random you rbleroy91

it was shortage! apparently.

i make stand from my mb, you can see my lovely mess ><

and it works!

i didn't wait your answer, but i should do something so i duct taped that area near "bottom connectors hub"

i made several test while assembling all back to place, and it's work now
i'm finally finished assembling, and it's work!

yea we wasted some time, but in the end it works!

really thanks you rbleroy91!

Now i'm not expert in this matter, i ask Dad, he didn't say anything cautioning about duct taping case's wall, so i'm ask you, it enough for now?
Or what i did is not recommended? I can't afford new case right now, mb+cpu+ram+ps was very costly for me.

So if at least for now it works ok (and bluetooth now works ok in jusb1 and 2 also), i can conclude that it was enough.
Tell me if i wrong, but i will be happy to do not touch mb and other hw for now.

rbleroy91

• LIEUTENANT COLONEL
  • RBL_FR
« Reply #53 on: 12-June-18, 13:52:42 »

Hosanna! Really a good news. :pompom:

Sorry for the late idea but it is your successfull test at shop that prompted me to think about that. I have learned today!
Really happy to have been able to help you. Enjoy now with your fully running pc.
Friendy yours,
MSI X99A XPower Gaming Titanium (Bios 1.54)  –  Windows 7-10 Pro x64 (1803)  –  i7-6850K + BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 + Corsair Vengeance LPX Series DDR4 3466MHz 4x16Go + MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G + SSD Samsung, 1x 850 PRO 512GB (SATA) & 1x 960 PRO 2TB (NVMe) + HD SATAIII Seagate Barracuda, 7x 1TB & 1x 3TB + LG BR R/W + BeQuiet! Dark Power Pro 11 1000W 80PLUS Platinum +  BeQuiet! Dark Base Pro 900

• SERGEANT
« Reply #54 on: 12-June-18, 14:07:35 »

Hosanna! Really a good news. :pompom:

Sorry for the late idea but it is your successfull test at shop that prompted me to think about that. I have learned today!
Really happy to have been able to help you. Enjoy now with your fully running pc.
Friendy yours,
so duct taping was good idea? this is what other people would do in such case?) i hope so, because i'm actually have no other idea (except buying new case), i never experienced nothing like that.

rbleroy91

• LIEUTENANT COLONEL
  • RBL_FR
« Reply #55 on: 12-June-18, 17:45:12 »

Hello,
Yes, it is a good idea to fix duct taping on the case in waiting of a new one. Be cautious that glue does not smear on the mobo. Else, you can also use someting like insulating fiber washers between case and mobo:

Friendly yours,

• SERGEANT
« Reply #56 on: 12-June-18, 18:27:09 »

Hello,
Yes, it is a good idea to fix duct taping on the case in waiting of a new one. Be cautious that glue does not smear on the mobo. Else, you can also use someting like insulating fiber washers between case and mobo:
[ ERROR: SPECIFIED ATTACHMENT MISSING ] [ ERROR: SPECIFIED ATTACHMENT MISSING ] [ ERROR: SPECIFIED ATTACHMENT MISSING ]
Friendly yours,
Well i don't know where i can get those things. And according to your picture, it should be placed on top of board? Shortage can be caused by cap of screw?

Also, mb is screwed to those things

so i think glue shouldn't get over board, it's enough space, it probably can leak down a bit on case itself, i don't know what actually temperature in this place
may be i should take it off after a week and check if it don't leak or something.

and because of those "separation nuts" i still can't understand what exactly caused shortage. a saw few legs of some capacitor (or something else) that sticking out from back side of mb a little, but there should be enough space

may be not? i don't know honestly.

rbleroy91

• LIEUTENANT COLONEL
  • RBL_FR
« Reply #57 on: 12-June-18, 23:00:18 »

Hello,
I do not use washer and I have no shortage, but, it depends of the case model (mine is excellent). Some say that "2 washers are needed per hole: 1 between the nut and the mobo and 1 between the mobo and the screw, like a sandwich where the mobo is the stuffing" (see >>Installing the Motherboard to the Metallic Plate<<). I am not an expert, so I cannot say more about that.
friendly yours,

• SERGEANT
« Reply #58 on: 13-June-18, 07:05:44 »

Woke up today and... it didn't work again... asmedia is gray... it's remind me last time, i didn't touch anything and it stop working.

ps
i watched your link, my mb crewed by metalized holes (it of course don't have non metalized, now i now why there was some contacts around, for grounding)

i thing i will go buy new case today, i have no other choice except trying different stuff and wait for magic.

rbleroy91

• LIEUTENANT COLONEL
  • RBL_FR
« Reply #59 on: 13-June-18, 08:17:12 »

:undecided:
When you have get the mobo out of the case, it works again?
Have the electrical outlet a good ground? Do you use an inverter?
Before to buy a new case, I would test the mobo on the table several days because it can be also the PSU; what model?
Really sorry,

• SERGEANT
« Reply #60 on: 13-June-18, 11:09:58 »

When you have get the mobo out of the case, it works again?
Have the electrical outlet a good ground? Do you use an inverter?
Before to buy a new case, I would test the mobo on the table several days because it can be also the PSU; what model?
Really sorry,
i unscrewed it, and taked off tape, (it was fine, no leaking), and take off backplate of "connectors block" it didn't hepled
so i put mb on match boxes (they made from rought thick paper) and by this i excluded any physical contact of back of mb with nuts
after it usb start working again.

Well we don't have ground, because it old house from soviet times, it's wiring doesn't have ground at all, i remeber Dad trying rig outlet to radiator, but it start beat with electricity or something. So now it regular outlet... i mean regular old house outlet. And no tehre is no inverter.
Two other PC's and other stuff works fine.
PSU i have this one
cougar cmx 700

https://i2hard.ru/reviews/obzor-i-test-bloka-pitaniya-cougar-cmx700.html
there some video on english i think  i didn't watched))

i selected it, because it's price was fair, it have 8 + 8 cpu pins (i didn't know if i need plug 8 +4 or not to mb)
it have good buyers feedback, and good review (first link in russian), so i didn't read much about details))
may be i'm dumb if i not read much, but overall feedback was great and it was cheeper than thermaltake i selected before (or not much cheeper, but has more cords vs thermaltake)
i think it's ok, i did't want to buy psu which will be not enough for me in some distant future.

so, according to my test with matchboxes, outlet have anything with it, looks like something else cause shortage with case.

in store site dudes can't say anything usable.
"it can be due bad installation" what bad? i place it on nuts, like usual...
"you probable did shortage by some screws" which one? why? they all on nuts, and provide grounding, if i right understand.

i think i just buy new case, i tired from this already.

• SERGEANT
« Reply #61 on: 13-June-18, 11:28:49 »

I really don't know what can shortage here..

• SERGEANT
« Reply #62 on: 13-June-18, 18:41:36 »

I bought new case... cheap one, spent last of my money.
Good news, it's work, it's not shortening...

but on other side, it was grand pain in my ass, so magnificent pain, my back still hurt.

so i assembled it, it have very cheap metal, but it what i wait from cheap case.

at least it doesn't shortening... for now

when i finally complete assembling... i was faced with fact than frontal audio doesn't work... =_=
i checked, it connected to jaudio on mb, but there is no sound

also for some reason when i connected my headphones (regular one, with 3.5 jack) to mb, and retasked one of connectors to headphones, it volume was too weak

i will check it later, but it will be very "fun" if now jaudio is shortening.. =_=

if it just broken, there is no chance i will disassemble it again just because front audio... no way, i tired from all this.

ps

I loosened the tension of hd audi cord (i don't know how to say right, i change his placement in case so tension was weakened a little) and it start works... magic.. may be it was connected badly before because tension.

so frontal panel work, and as far usb gen 2 works too

• SERGEANT
« Reply #63 on: 13-June-18, 22:51:00 »

ok, i hibernate pc, like yesterday... it awoke (Because updates or something) and... usb gray, and doesn't work...

rbleroy91

• LIEUTENANT COLONEL
  • RBL_FR
« Reply #64 on: 13-June-18, 23:03:12 »

I bought new case... cheap one, spent last of my money. Good news, it's work, it's not shortening...
Good news!
when i finally complete assembling... i was faced with fact than frontal audio doesn't work... =_= I checked, it connected to jaudio on mb, but there is no sound.
1/ Did it work with the previous case?
2/ In the new case, is JAUD1 goodly connected to the case's Audio connector:

3/ Have you installed >>Realtek High Definition Audio Driver<<? (if not, you are using Microsoft generic driver and it is limited)
4/ If you have not already done a clear CMOS since the installation in the new case, do it:
- Shutdown, unplug the power cord and wait that all mobo's LED lit off.
- Either
  . short JBAT1 during 10s
  (if you have not a jumper cap, use something like a screwdriver but be cautious to touch only the 2 pins of JBAT1),
  . remove the battery cell during 30mn.
- Plug the power cord then power on.
- Load bios default values when asked during start then change nothing in bios for the moment.
5/ If problem remains, plug your headphone on frontal audio. Right-click the sound icon at the end of the taskbar. Select Sounds from the contextual menu. In the new window:

select Playback tab then your headphone in the list. Click on the "Set Default" then on "Apply" buttons.
6/ If problem remains, keep your headphone plugged and run "C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RtkNGUI64.exe". Do a copy then click on the "i" at the right top and do again a copy. Upload them in your post.
Have a good day,

rbleroy91

• LIEUTENANT COLONEL
  • RBL_FR
« Reply #65 on: 13-June-18, 23:07:09 »

Do not hibernate but a full shutdown. Result for next start?
:scratchchin:

• SERGEANT
« Reply #66 on: 14-June-18, 07:24:31 »

Do not hibernate but a full shutdown. Result for next start?
:scratchchin:
Hi rbleroy91! Woke up few minutes ago, full of energy to continue my investiga... .ahh.. my back... not so full i guess..

Anyway, so i came to conclusion that probably case have nothing with it. Or not only case.
Last time i hibernate pc, when i duct taped case, and asmedia was disconnected after it
And very first time i probably also hibernate, because i fixed led on case "face", and at the nigh in dark, when pc sleep it blinking annoyingly, so i'm hibernate it.

Ok... first time, i bring mb to service, it works, but when i came back, it didn't', i don't know, instantly didn't, without hibernation, now i see that windows without any help install driver on it, and it woks.

Now i have new case, and, there is no chance it shortage too right? If it is not. And after hibernation it fell off once again...
So i tried something... i made whole my last actions after usb started work again BUT without taking off mb.

I tried turn off PSU, and uplug it from outlet for all night - didn't helped.
I tried same stuff + unplug mb power cord / cpu power cord from mb, for a while - didn't helped.
(interestingly that even after few minutes without cord, my atheros wi-fi still have it's leds glowing, so there is a some charge in mb anyway)
Then... i have unplugged mobo's power cpu power, and unplugged all usb (except frontal and jusb bluetooth)
So it what i did, when take off mb usually, but without taking off mb.
Turn it off, and... it works!! What a surprise!

What all of this means???)) There was a shortage before or not at all, if it wasn't a shortage before, taking off (and taking off cords) should fix it, and when i installed it back it should works...
but on other side, probably not necessary, because when i installed it back i think i plug all stuff back before powering it on.

So it is defect? Or it some "feature"? or may be some bug in current bios version?

ps

Checked - regular sleep cause same bug as Hibernation... which is bad, i prefer just sleep, instead closing all stuff and opening again after.

• SERGEANT
« Reply #67 on: 14-June-18, 08:50:28 »

I can't believe in it...

So i start eliminate cord one by one to find reason-cord and...

i can't... i can't, or i can?? IT WAS DISPLAY CORD OF MY MAIN MONITOR..

not my main monitor by hdmi -> dvi-i adapter
not my old monitor by hdmi -> display port adatper
not my second old monitor by vga to hdmi adapter

but display cord without any adapters... i replaced it (by hdmi -> dvi-i), excluded at all, and now it works, and sleeps ok.

so little history:

when i was able to buy monitor without major/minor defects on matrix, it was very hard, it was viewsonic VX2476
so i bought display cord for it.
My gpu palit jetsteam 1070 have 3 dp 1 hmdi and 1 div-i (digital one, "i" i think)
So i put it to display port, and old ones connected through different type of cables and adapters

And then i noticed one inconvenience, when i turn off this display monitor, other blinks, and windows start rearrange, like it was disconnected at all
and this happens only with dp on this monitor. i tried find help on gforce forum (cuz i tought it was gpu related) and only answer i get, that - try to disable deep sleep - which one i don't have in my monitor at all, other models have, mine not. i just adopt, and start use waiting mode, by context menu that start nircmd script. after some time i read that it windows handles display port behavior. But i don't know, i think it is monitor problem, (and i change dp on other cord from other vendor once, it change nothing)

Later, i tried connect PS3 to my main monitor, so PC by DP, and P3 by HDMI...
And, when i switch output back on PS one from PC one monitor start saying that - it out of range.
I figured it out, i go to safe mode on ps3, switch resolution to 720p, and then i noticed
At first it 720p, but when i change my outputs back and forth... instead 1280 x 720 it became 1281 х 720 and there is some static because monitor cant handle this resolution properly.
And when it 1080p it became 1081p and it became out of range and cant show anything at all.
My solution was buying hdmi-vga adapter for ps3 with sound output.

So now, it third problem with DP, and now i even don't now what connection between dp and freaking usb gen 2 at all...

Time wasted, pins bent, money spent for thermal compounds and case, and all of this because freaking display port connected even NOT in mobo directly.

I have no words anymore. I be glad to hear some ideas about it, and will be in touch in case of something changes.
TY for help rbleroy91,once more.

ps
also, reboot didn't help at all, and shutdown helps but only if i unplug dp first before i start up it.
it works fine with 3 monitors after it connected again (asmedia i mean), but only until next sleep/hibernate

rbleroy91

• LIEUTENANT COLONEL
  • RBL_FR
« Reply #68 on: 14-June-18, 09:15:50 »

Sorry, I am lost!
But, the main thing is that you have found the culprit and how to get around.
have a nice day,

• SERGEANT
« Reply #69 on: 14-June-18, 11:19:20 »

Sorry, I am lost!
But, the main thing is that you have found the culprit and how to get around.
have a nice day,
so and I...
i don't have any other display port devices to check it...
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up