Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Intel HD Graphics Does Not Recognize Multiple Displays. Laptop GE72MVR 7RG  (Read 158 times)

romale01Topic starter

• PRIVATE E-2

Hello.

Laptop GE72MVR 7RG APACHE PRO (Windows 10)

The external monitor is only recognized on the GeForce GTX 1070.
How to connect the external monitor (hdmi) to Intel Graphics 630?

DarkwingsDuck

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #1 on: 11-July-18, 22:29:41 »

In general, very high end models come with the switch (hardware / BIOS) to only use iGPU rather than the dGPU for Optimus capable PC.  The GE series do not have such capability.  The HDMI connection will automatically switch over to the nVidia GPU, due to the built-in set up on the hardware side.  This switching cannot be managed by software, unfortunately.

TL:DR:  Can't be done.
GE63VR 7RF-001

romale01Topic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #2 on: 12-July-18, 06:46:57 »

In general, very high end models come with the switch (hardware / BIOS) to only use iGPU rather than the dGPU for Optimus capable PC.  The GE series do not have such capability.  The HDMI connection will automatically switch over to the nVidia GPU, due to the built-in set up on the hardware side.  This switching cannot be managed by software, unfortunately.

TL:DR:  Can't be done.
Thanks for the answer.

I have a big problem with connecting the HUION KAMVAS GT-156HD V2.
The Pen Tablet Monitor is turned off in sleep mode. Switch over to the Intel was my only decision to fix this.

video link - https://www.dropbox.com/s/lt1zzd1t8k14szq/huion.mp4?dl=0

sydneyblue203

• FIRST LIEUTENANT
« Reply #3 on: 12-July-18, 08:04:36 »

Im not sure why you would want your multiple display on your intel hd graphics over your 1070 as the 1070 is way better. Is your intel HD graphics driver up to date ?
MSI GT73EVR 7RE TITAN  3.9 7820hk 1070 GTX Samsung 250GB NVME M.2 GSKILL RIPJAWS 2400Mhz 2x8GB

romale01Topic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #4 on: 12-July-18, 09:38:51 »

Im not sure why you would want your multiple display on your intel hd graphics over your 1070 as the 1070 is way better. Is your intel HD graphics driver up to date ?
Because the GTX 1070 turns off the Pen Tablet Monitor in sleep mode. video link - https://www.dropbox.com/s/lt1zzd1t8k14szq/huion.mp4?dl=0
intel HD graphics drivers are new.

I think that Intel will not disconnect the external monitor, because I have the msi GE 70 2PE and the external monitor on Intel works fine.
Pages: [1]   Go Up