Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Advanced search    

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Optix MPG27CQ VESA Wall mounting Kit  (Read 7602 times)

cgolfTopic starter

• CORPORAL
Optix MPG27CQ VESA Wall mounting Kit
« on: 18-July-18, 12:32:50 »

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

what is the order number of the Wall mounting bracket for this monitor?
it is mentioned in your manual at page 16

Wall Mounting (Optional) 1. Release the base screw and detach the base. 2. Pull up the latch to unlock the stand. 3. Disassemble the stand. 4. Remove the pre-installed screws for VESA mount. 5. Install the wall mounting bracket to the monitor. 6. Follow the wall mounting kit instructions to mount the monitor onto the wall

But i cant find a oder number for this.
Where i can order this item?

I need it in germany because the monitor stand already on my table :).
The existing Vesa wall mountings kits that i have doesnt fit because there is no straight back wall due to this little deeping as you can see int he manual page 16.

Thank you for your help

Best regards
Chris

flobelix

• MSIHQ Red Rockets Team Member
  • Global Moderator
  • 微星科技
    • Afterburner New Features Introduction | MSI
Re: Optix MPG27CQ VESA Wall mounting Kit
« Reply #1 on: 18-July-18, 12:40:05 »

MSI does not offer wall mounts. It is optional because you can buy any VESA wall mounting kit and use that. There are plenty on the market.
MSI X299 Gaming M7 ACK (MS-7A90) Bios 1.A0
Core i7 7820X @ 4404.45 MHz (44 * 100.1 MHz, fixed all cores), 1.158v - delidded and using der8auer Skylake-X Direct Die Frame
Corsair H110 Liquid CPU Cooler
32GB (4 x 8GB) Corsair CMR32GX4M4Z3200C16 @ 1602.9 MHz (DDR4-3206), 16-18-18-36-2t, 1.35v
MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti DUKE 11G OC
1TB Crucial MX500 M.2 SSD + 2TB Crucial MX500 SSD
Thermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB 1200W Platinum • +12V: 100A • +3.3V: 25A • +5V: 25A
Windows 10 Pro
MSI MAG BUNKER Case

cgolfTopic starter

• CORPORAL
« Reply #2 on: 18-July-18, 12:55:38 »

Thank you for your feedback.
It looks like that MSI offers wall mounts

I found this order number on a website that offers this monitor.
306-A612111-C22

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MSI-Standard-VESA-Wall-Mount-Kit-For-Wind-Top-All-In-One-PC-Series-Desktops-/202055463921

German Website:

https://www.alternate.de/MSI/Optix-MPG27CQ-LED-Monitor/html/product/1432620

I use 3 different vesa wall mount kits already. None of them fit with this monitor, so i guess this is the explanation that this kit was mentioned in the manual.

flobelix

• Global Moderator
  • 微星科技
« Reply #3 on: 18-July-18, 15:37:29 »

These are spare parts for MSI ALL in One pcs offered on ebay. Again MSI doesn't offer wall mounts for retail. It is a monitor. You can use any of the many VESA wall mount kits. 

A VESA mount kit is a VESA mount kit. You are doing something wrong if three different won't fit or these aren't VESA kits for monitors. 

The manual also does not point to any specific MSI part required:

Core i7 7820X @ 4404.45 MHz (44 * 100.1 MHz, fixed all cores), 1.158v - delidded and using der8auer Skylake-X Direct Die Frame
32GB (4 x 8GB) Corsair CMR32GX4M4Z3200C16 @ 1602.9 MHz (DDR4-3206), 16-18-18-36-2t, 1.35v
Thermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB 1200W Platinum • +12V: 100A • +3.3V: 25A • +5V: 25A
Windows 10 Pro
MSI MAG BUNKER Case

cgolfTopic starter

• CORPORAL
« Reply #4 on: 19-July-18, 03:21:54 »

You dont understand the VESA Standard.
The Standard is more then the distance between the Screws.
It also requires a flat surface or the defined shape.
The monitor have a diamond recess.
And the borders doesnt fit standard rectangle
This is not the VESA standard

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flat_Display_Mounting_Interface

I use these Wall mount kits

https://www.amazon.com/Bestand-Monitor-Aluminum-Display-100x100/dp/B01MAXL958

https://www.amazon.com/Lumsing-Adjustable-Monitor-Computer-100x100mm/dp/B073B7TNMP/ref=olp_product_details?_encoding=UTF8&me=

These are the combatible brands
Compatible Brands:SAMSUNG,ACER, VIEWSONIC, LG, DELL, HP, ASUS, AOC and Emachines
These vendors fullfill the VESA Standard

This Monitor requires a additional plate to be fully VESA now it is VESA oriented.

Please take a look at the pictures

cgolfTopic starter

• CORPORAL
« Reply #5 on: 19-July-18, 03:35:01 »

None of the Standard VESA Wall mounts will fit because of the missing plate and the diamond recess design
As you can see in the manual.
These are generic pictures maybe from another MSI Monitor that fullfil the VESA requirement.
This monitor doesn't.

Back to my questions:

what is the order number of the Wall mounting bracket for this monitor?
Where i can order this item?

flobelix

• Global Moderator
  • 微星科技
« Reply #6 on: 19-July-18, 11:05:59 »

I don't know what plate you are missing. Anyway contact MSI directly about the bracket you are missing: >>How to contact MSI.<<
Windows 10 Pro
MSI MAG BUNKER Case

cgolfTopic starter

• CORPORAL
« Reply #7 on: 19-July-18, 11:30:53 »

So this means this forum is not hosted by MSI?!
Who is the host of this forum?

I miss the plate that is mentioned in the manual and some external websites to make this monitor VESA compatible.
I contacted MSI already but it seems that MSI(at least the people that i contacted (incl. Support) doesnt know what is written in the manual and what does it mean.
The manual itself look now like copy and paste from another monitor manual.

So its is a big mystery for MSI what parts of the MSI product exist or not.
Maybe the holes are VESA compatible but the plate to have a flat surface doesnt exist.

If this monitor would not stand at my desk right, i would really laugh about this joke.

flobelix

• Global Moderator
  • 微星科技
« Reply #8 on: 19-July-18, 11:41:01 »

So this means this forum is not hosted by MSI?!
Who is the host of this forum?

Forum Rules (Version: 20150106)

Welcome to the MSI Global English Forum.
This forum is a support community for users of MSI products, managed and maintained by users on behalf of MSI. Anyone can ask for help or offer help to others.

Speech is free but this forum is moderated. If you see any misconduct please report the post to the moderators by clicking the “Report to moderator” button below the post. The moderators will decide what action will be taken.
There is a small number of MSI support staff who do post here, but you are not in direct contact with MSI Support here. If you need to communicate directly with MSI, you should look here: >>How to contact MSI.<<

This is a community level support forum what means most of us active here (including moderators/admin) are just normal users like you. Although the community will help you with any question if possible there are problems we can't do anything about and you will have to contact MSI (e.g. to help with official technical informations, rma or if you want to complain about a product and all other issues only contact with an MSI official is useful for). If you have been linked to this post other users already realized you need to contact MSI directly.
Windows 10 Pro
MSI MAG BUNKER Case

Yang

• AIO Moderator
« Reply #9 on: 19-July-18, 20:26:52 »

It is need Copper column *4 and must be installed it first.

cgolfTopic starter

• CORPORAL
« Reply #10 on: 20-July-18, 03:02:04 »

This is not as described in the manual.
And the weight and the gal´forces when you move the monitor will not be distributed on the flat surface

the screw holes are then possible breaking points over the time.
To prevent this a plate must be used 

Thats the way also in the manual of the monitor,
everything else is just a workaround
maybe works, maybe not (over the time)

mnewsham

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #11 on: 27-July-18, 13:47:01 »

Also having the same issue, 3 different 100x100mm VESA mounts that I have don't fit this monitor, none of them.

The stupid recessed mounting area gives a ~2-3mm gap between the mounting screw holes, and the plastic side. There is simply no room to fit ANY VESA bracket I know of.

MSI needs to provide some proper mounting gear an adapter plate or something, because none of the standard VESA mounts I have around will fit.

cgolfTopic starter

• CORPORAL
« Reply #12 on: 29-July-18, 08:24:43 »

I totally agree with you.
Completly unnecessary, the holes are already there.

What also concerns me, is the answer to my first post about this topic:

MSI does not offer wall mounts. It is optional because you can buy any VESA wall mounting kit and use that. There are plenty on the market.

A newbie would believe this wrong information and waste more time to search a "VESA" plate who will fit.

mnewsham

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #13 on: 30-July-18, 18:43:46 »

Yep, the monitor I replaced with this monitor was an Asus 25" 1440p with 100mm x 100mm VESA mount holes, my VESA mounts all easily fit that monitor, even though it has a similar recessed mounting area, the actual 100mm x 100mm screws are on their own metal plate with plenty of clearance around the sides for the VESA mount to actually fit.  Something the MPG27CQ lacks. It seriously looks as if the MSI engineers made sure the holes were 100mm x 100mm apart, but didn't take into account ANY sort of overshoot. And unless there is some VESA mount i'm not aware of, most mounts have several millimeters of overhang around the corners where the screws go. So this appears to be pure negligence from whoever designed that recessed mounting.

Nichrome

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: 31-July-18, 04:07:52 »

Yep, the monitor I replaced with this monitor was an Asus 25" 1440p with 100mm x 100mm VESA mount holes, my VESA mounts all easily fit that monitor, even though it has a similar recessed mounting area, the actual 100mm x 100mm screws are on their own metal plate with plenty of clearance around the sides for the VESA mount to actually fit.  Something the MPG27CQ lacks. It seriously looks as if the MSI engineers made sure the holes were 100mm x 100mm apart, but didn't take into account ANY sort of overshoot. And unless there is some VESA mount i'm not aware of, most mounts have several millimeters of overhang around the corners where the screws go. So this appears to be pure negligence from whoever designed that recessed mounting.
I have one of their monitors, and cannot use my VESA arm because of those extra 3mm on each corner :lol_anim: I don't have a tool to cut the edges, but I tried to bend the corners with no luck, as the metal is slightly too thick, so was still missing about 1mm on each corner.
I think that in both cases, both companies understood VESA as 100x100 standard, and not that it would require extra space for VESA mount to fit in.
I only take responsibility for what I say, not for what you understand.  Any posts are my own views!

Errors are red, My screen is blue .I think I deleted, System32

dwhyte

• CORPORAL
« Reply #15 on: 07-December-18, 17:02:33 »

Resurrecting this as I'm about to decide between an MAG27CQ and an MPG27CQ. I want to wall mount.

Did anyone come up with a solution for this?

terrythh01

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #16 on: 26-January-19, 19:57:44 »

Resurrecting this as I'm about to decide between an MAG27CQ and an MPG27CQ. I want to wall mount.

Did anyone come up with a solution for this?

The MAG27CQ comes with standoff screws you can use to fill the gap if you have a VESA mount which is too big. I mounted both of my monitors using the included standoffs and it's fine.

https://imgur.com/a/vksYsUj

eccenpix

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #17 on: 23-February-19, 11:56:57 »

The MAG27CQ comes with standoff screws you can use to fill the gap if you have a VESA mount which is too big. I mounted both of my monitors using the included standoffs and it's fine.

https://imgur.com/a/vksYsUj

wow how come mine did not come with those standoffs? I bought 2 MAG27CQ and neither came with them.

Yang

• AIO Moderator
« Reply #18 on: 24-February-19, 19:04:39 »

Please contact MSI RMA for service to buy it.
You can find contact info with below link:

RMA Service: https://www.msi.com/page/service-location-new

francesco.rollandini

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #19 on: 17-April-19, 08:58:18 »

hi all,
I have the same problem

OP, did you solve? 
Have found this missing part?

Thanks in advance

Yang

• AIO Moderator
« Reply #20 on: 17-April-19, 20:12:58 »

Please contact MSI RMA for service to buy it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up