Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MSI Optix MAG27CQ  (Read 637 times)

niels_oelderikTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
MSI Optix MAG27CQ
« on: 06-August-18, 20:12:00 »

Hello guys, i have the MSI Optix MAG27CQ  for about a week now and i cant figure out how to set the refreshrate to 144hz? i'm using a DP cabel directly into my GTX 1070ti i've done a clean reinstall of my drivers/updated them, yet the max i can get is 120hz? The monitor is listed as a generic PnP monitor in windows mayby that is something but i dont know how to change that? please help me.

acidburn2010

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #1 on: 07-August-18, 01:39:05 »

The drivers are not installed properly if it's recognised as a pnp monitor. Goto Device Manager,Display Adapters and expand it.Right click on the display driver and select Update driver software.
Click on OK.
After updating the drivers restart your computer.If it doesn't automatically find your driver point it to the folder where the driver is and click ok it should find it then.
You should be Able to get 144hz then.

Yang

• AIO Moderator
« Reply #2 on: 07-August-18, 02:16:58 »

Please check Port and Resolution first and refer msnual on page 10.
https://www.msi.com/monitor/support/Optix-MAG27CQ

For 144Hz on MAG27CQ:
1. Display Port
2. 2560*1440

Nichrome

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: 07-August-18, 10:22:16 »

Hi

If possible, try different DP cable. Sometimes those are simply low quality and are unable to provide higher refresh rates.
Also make sure you pick resolution from "PC" in Nvidia panel, and not from "Ultra HD, HD, SD". Because resolutions from UHD,HD,SD, suggest being native, but you actually have to pick your resolution from "PC" list for higher refresh rates.
I only take responsibility for what I say, not for what you understand.  Any posts are my own views!

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #4 on: 07-August-18, 10:27:23 »

The drivers are not installed properly if it's recognised as a pnp monitor. Goto Device Manager,Display Adapters and expand it.Right click on the display driver and select Update driver software.
Click on OK.
After updating the drivers restart your computer.If it doesn't automatically find your driver point it to the folder where the driver is and click ok it should find it then.
You should be Able to get 144hz then.

All it says than is that the latest drivers are installed and then nothing happends, i've already done a clean install via the nvidia experience nothing seems to help...

acidburn2010

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #5 on: 07-August-18, 11:00:43 »

Weird,have you checked for new drivers and like nic said tried changing the resolution through the Nvidia control panel

Yang

• AIO Moderator
« Reply #6 on: 08-August-18, 02:34:49 »

Attachment is JUST example that how to setting resolution and refresh rate in NVIDIA control panel.
Note: Please choose "PC" for resolution.

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #7 on: 10-August-18, 01:02:33 »

Thanks everyone, it was the cable... the box came with a broken or low quality cable, i bought a new one and now its on 144hz 1440p. thanks for the help!

Nichrome

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: 10-August-18, 12:04:20 »

Thanks everyone, it was the cable... the box came with a broken or low quality cable, i bought a new one and now its on 144hz 1440p. thanks for the help!

:lookandok:

Hi

If possible, try different DP cable. Sometimes those are simply low quality and are unable to provide higher refresh rates.
Also make sure you pick resolution from "PC" in Nvidia panel, and not from "Ultra HD, HD, SD". Because resolutions from UHD,HD,SD, suggest being native, but you actually have to pick your resolution from "PC" list for higher refresh rates.
;-))

Glad you got it solved.
I only take responsibility for what I say, not for what you understand.  Any posts are my own views!

element_jkl

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #9 on: 13-August-18, 21:20:43 »

Hey.

I didint want to make a new post so I just ask it here. I have a major problem with (MSI Optix MAG27CQ) few days ago, at the bottom of the screen it started flashing bright light all the way to the other corner.

Only one thing makes it worst and its when I lower the screen refresh rate.

It starts after 2-3min when I put my PC on dosent matter if Im at the desktop or playing a game or anything els.

I upload 2 videos so if someone watch it and may know why it does it.

60hz - 

144hz - 

Its allot smaller effect at higher refresh rate.

Yang

• AIO Moderator
« Reply #10 on: 14-August-18, 02:20:56 »

1.What graphic card is installed on this system?
2.Please refer manual on page 5 for doing RESET on MAG27GQ once and then check it on 144Hz again.
https://www.msi.com/monitor/support/Optix-MAG27CQ

Note: Some mode are setting to off first for checking.
Mode→Standard
DCR→Off
FreeSync→Off
Response time →Off

element_jkl

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #11 on: 14-August-18, 07:40:47 »

Asus geforce gtx 1070

I check all off and did the reset and check 144hz nothing happend.

I tested my other screen (samsung cfg70) it didint appear, same goes on my tv.

So I can be sure problem its not my graphic card.

Yang

• AIO Moderator
« Reply #12 on: 15-August-18, 02:07:30 »

Please provide picture for "NVIDIA control panel" on you system with MAG27CQ.
NVIDIA control panel / Display / Change resolution.

Note: Please use Display Port cable.

element_jkl

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #13 on: 15-August-18, 11:20:19 »

Hey.

Here is pic of my control panel

https://imgur.com/a/avGESok

Sorry its finnish language, cant chainge it english.

Yang

• AIO Moderator
« Reply #14 on: 16-August-18, 02:03:16 »

As checking picture you provided, this MAG27CQ has been on 144Hz.
For this flicker, please contact your nearest MSI branch office or local distributors for the warranty service for checking more detail.

palomoxpro

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #15 on: 16-August-18, 03:27:18 »

I have this same monitor, and it fell down because of its weight when i faced it down a little, it fell onto the table it was on top of and now it has 2 little cracks on the LCD display, now i can see just a few of the screen because it has a big blacked area and a few lines from side to side,

What should i do? Can the MSI technical support fix it for free / paying, i dont mind if its cheaper than buying a new one... so what should i do, send it to them, throw it to the trash and buy a new one... i sent a ticket so lets see what they say but i would like your opinion too, greetings.

Yang

• AIO Moderator
« Reply #16 on: 16-August-18, 08:29:55 »

Please contact MSI RMA for the warranty service.
Pages: [1]   Go Up