Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MSI B450 Pro M-2 + Ryzen 2400 G APU question  (Read 46 times)

chris_angel89Topic starter

• PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
MSI B450 Pro M-2 + Ryzen 2400 G APU question
« on: 11-October-18, 13:59:53 »

How do I set the size to 2048 MB? I don't see an option in the bios for this anywhere...

[font="Noto Sans", "Helvetica Neue", "Segoe UI", Helvetica, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Is it necessary to allocate more memory to the APU of the 2400G? It is now set at 1024 GB cuz it says it has 7 gb useable memory in windows. But I read something about it being dynamic and it will give or take RAM to the APU or system RAM as it is needed, so does changing the Framebuffer for the APU matter for performance?
[/font]
[/color]
Also I saw on some screenshots under the CPU multiplier options in the bios there should be a "GFX clock" option to overclock my APU. Which is totally missing. I read similiar reports on this forum. Any idea?
In ryzen Master the APU is at 400 MHZ. etc.. normal? Can you use ryzen master to just alter the APU frequency. and not change/overclock anything else?
I personally want to use the bios option. The ryzen master seems more troublesome.

rbleroy91

• COLONEL
  • RBL_FR
« Reply #1 on: 11-October-18, 17:19:22 »

Hello,
1/ Enter in bios setup (keep <DEL> pressed during start) then switch in advanced mode (press <F7> to switch between the EZ and Advanced mode). You would find something like "SETTINGS \ Advanced \ Integrated Graphics Configuration \ UMA Frame Buffer Size". It fix the memory size and, by default, is set at "Auto".
2/ If you have not this parameter, what is your current bios version?
Hoping it shall help,
:hat tip:
MSI X99A XPower Gaming Titanium (Bios 1.54)  –  Windows 7-10 Pro x64 (1803)  –  i7-6850K + BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 + Corsair Vengeance LPX Series DDR4 3466MHz 4x16Go + MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G + SSD Samsung, 1x 850 PRO 512GB (SATA) & 1x 960 PRO 2TB (NVMe) + HD SATAIII Seagate Barracuda, 7x 1TB & 1x 3TB + LG BR R/W + BeQuiet! Dark Power Pro 11 1000W 80PLUS Platinum +  BeQuiet! Dark Base Pro 900 + HyperX Alloy Elite keyboard + HyperX Pulsefire FPS mouse
Pages: [1]   Go Up