Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is League of Legends harsh on PC?  (Read 550 times)

This topic contains a post which is marked as Best Answer. Press here if you would like to see it.

assignedhereTopic starter

• PRIVATE E-2
Is League of Legends harsh on PC?
« on: 17-October-18, 05:16:54 »

Hey guys :)

I had almost 2 years break from League of Legends and I'm wondering if the game requires now more resources to play

What setup do you use and on what settings do you play?

• PRIVATE E-2
Re: Is League of Legends harsh on PC?
« Reply #1 on: 21-October-18, 16:59:33 »

apparently I came across yet another issue, turns out I don't really remember my account data – what is the fastest way to get an account to level 30 ?

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #2 on: 25-October-18, 12:53:34 »

apparently I came across yet another issue, turns out I don't really remember my account data – what is the fastest way to get an account to level 30 ?

Small update for anyone interested :-)

I browsed a bit and basically there are two ways to 'level up' quicker, first one is to buy exp boosts for riot points and then play co-op games 3v3, you still have to play quite a lot yourself and it can get boring playing with bots. The other way is to buy an account from someone else, this way you can start playing ranked games straightaway, the con is that it's always better to have your own account that you created. Well I dont have much time so I chose the second option and bought my account here but you can buy it from your friend (it's recommended) or at any other website, just make sure they offer decent warranty

If you want to play with me, My IGN is Asislaur on EUW server but if you want to play rankeds Make sure You are at least platinum level ;-)
Marked as best answer by assignedhere on 25-October-18, 23:18:57

JocPro

• SECOND LIEUTENANT
  • THIS SPACE IS FOR RENT.
« Reply #3 on: 25-October-18, 15:35:19 »

In my experience, the game is pretty light in resource usage if you wan't to play it well... my old Phenom II X3 + GT 730 based system can run it at 60 fps with no problems at very highish settings, but if you want to play it at, let's say, 144 fps in a 144 Hz monitor at 1080p with everything up to eleven, you'll need a somewhat beefy CPU with good single thread performance, as that's the game engine's bottleneck. My R7 1700 runs it almost buttery smooth, with small dips to ~130 fps in teamfights - but that's where the Freesync monitor and AMD video card shine.
My System Specs
CaseThermaltake Core G21 TG w/5 x CM Silencio PWM fans
CPURyzen R7 1700@3.8GHz
CoolerThermaltake NiC L32, handmodded for AM4 support
MotherboardMSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC, BIOS v1.10
RAMG.Skill Trident Z 3200@CL14, 2x16GB Dual Rank
SSDSamsung 960 EVO 250 GB NVMe
HDDWD Green 1TB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB
Video CardXFX Radeon RX480 GTR XXX, softmodded to RX580 at 1338 MHz - 1.150 V
SoundSB Recon 3d PCIe w/ Sony STR-DE475

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #4 on: 25-October-18, 16:21:05 »

In my experience, the game is pretty light in resource usage if you wan't to play it well... my old Phenom II X3 + GT 730 based system can run it at 60 fps with no problems at very highish settings, but if you want to play it at, let's say, 144 fps in a 144 Hz monitor at 1080p with everything up to eleven, you'll need a somewhat beefy CPU with good single thread performance, as that's the game engine's bottleneck. My R7 1700 runs it almost buttery smooth, with small dips to ~130 fps in teamfights - but that's where the Freesync monitor and AMD video card shine.

Thank you very much for your reply, I guess I won't be upgrading my PC in the near future then.

Also on a side note, the FPS drop in team fights sometimes gets ridiculous

frank.tf.tsai

• STAFF SERGEANT
« Reply #5 on: 25-October-18, 20:35:43 »

LoL should run smoothly with 8GBRAM (the minimum on capable laptops nowadays) and any graphics card with 2GBVRAM.

DrustVG

• PRIVATE E-2
« Reply #6 on: 28-October-18, 18:07:01 »

I started playing LOL back in Season 3 and it's actually true that now it requires more resources, especially the launcher. However, before I got my actual setup (like a month), I used to have an HP All-In-One from 2011 with an ATI Radeon HD 4200 graphics card and I could play LOL most of the time at 60 FPS, losing like 5~15 FPS in teamfights in the last season. Not the best performance, but it shows that LOL is easy to run smoothly, even today.

aditya_inst

• CORPORAL
« Reply #7 on: 31-October-18, 13:15:43 »

5 years ago LOL and Dota2 used to consume low resources but as gaming industry is evolving and more computing power of CPU and GPU increasing these games are becoming more hungry for raw power.
Pages: [1]   Go Up