Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GT80 TITAN blurry text starting computer / goes to sleep, nvidia drivers update  (Read 149 times)

amakusa007Topic starter

• CORPORAL

I recently updated the nvidia drivers on my GT80 TITAN laptop using the nvidia drivers latest update 416.34. Since installing this new update when I first boot the computer it get the text all pixelated and blurry. After rebooting the computer, it get fixed and display properly. Also when the computer wakes from sleep, I get the same results. When I use the SCM software and switch to the intel graphics card the problem doesnt happen. I contacted nvidia and they told me to so a complete clean install to test and that didnt fix the problem. In the end, they now say to me that the BIOS and firmware are a bit out of date and to contact MSI to see if there are any new updates since other users have fixed this issue by updating BIOS and firmware. The following is the link I found that contains my last BIOS update and Firmware update to this device. I also followed another post here and used the DDU nvidia uninstaller and reinstall guide and did not do the fix.

https://www.msi.com/Laptop/support/GT80-2QE-Titan-SLI-4.html#down-bios

Any help would be greatly appreciate it to fix this issue.

free103486

• SECOND LIEUTENANT
« Reply #1 on: 30-October-18, 09:22:13 »

Have you tried rolling back the NVIDIA graphics drive to 398.35? (You can download here)

Also, you can describe the symptom and the detailed information as clear as possible to MSI via creating an online ticket for help.

amakusa007Topic starter

• CORPORAL
« Reply #2 on: 09-November-18, 00:35:43 »

doing the downgrade on the updates fixed my situation but now new games dont perform as intended cause of features fixes on later version are now not applying like updates in game overlay and more. Any fixes so I can use the latest version?

issue is on the nvidia drivers for sure.

free103486

• SECOND LIEUTENANT
« Reply #3 on: 09-November-18, 07:23:06 »

One way is to wait for the newest generic driver release again, another way you can try the previous generic driver version like 411.70 to see if the same symptom happens.

And do an online ticket to MSI will let this issue be solved faster.

falkentyne

• FIRST LIEUTENANT
« Reply #4 on: 10-November-18, 21:55:02 »

doing the downgrade on the updates fixed my situation but now new games dont perform as intended cause of features fixes on later version are now not applying like updates in game overlay and more. Any fixes so I can use the latest version?

issue is on the nvidia drivers for sure.
Are those cards 1070's or 980's or 980M's ?
I saw no such problem with 416.34 and 416.64 on my GT73VR.   Yet I saw someone with a GT83VR have the same problem, yet the cards are the same (GTX 1070's).

amakusa007Topic starter

• CORPORAL
« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 04:01:21 »

Are those cards 1070's or 980's or 980M's ?
I saw no such problem with 416.34 and 416.64 on my GT73VR.   Yet I saw someone with a GT83VR have the same problem, yet the cards are the same (GTX 1070's).
I got a GT80 Titan with 980m sli enabled.

amakusa007Topic starter

• CORPORAL
« Reply #6 on: Yesterday at 04:08:42 »

One way is to wait for the newest generic driver release again, another way you can try the previous generic driver version like 411.70 to see if the same symptom happens.

And do an online ticket to MSI will let this issue be solved faster.
My windows updates doesnt pull the 411.70 version. I believe issues started to happen like 2-3 months ago on using the latest update. My current version right now is 399.07 and i dont get the issue happening. Havent tried anything pass that update yet. Slowly testing the updates to see at what version the issue starts happening.
Pages: [1]   Go Up