Close

Register Now!

To Get More Info and Daily Reward.

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MSI B450 Tomahawk mobo - red light on boot near 24pin connector  (Read 18122 times)

Kyle498Topic starter

• PRIVATE E-2

Hi everyone, 

I have just built my first gaming PC with the B450 Tomahawk mobo and am getting a solid red light on the boot near the 24pin connector. Also am not getting any signal to my monitor. Am using a HDMI cord which works fine with the monitor on a console, which eliminates that possibility. When i first finished the build the red light was solid on the ram and found it wasn't connected properly, i fixed that issue easily. The GPU checks itself and is clear but the light is stuck on the 'boot'.

I have downloaded the windows 10 startup onto a USB and have it plugged into 1 of the sockets on the front of the case. 

CPU - Ryzen 2600x
GPU - MSI GTX 1060 6GB Gaming X OC
MOBO - MSI B450 Tomahawk

Hopefully someone can help me with this 

Thanks

plutomate

• MAJOR GENERAL

you may start with do clear CMOS and use Flash BIOS Button function to re-flash your BIOS first

rbleroy91

• GENERAL OF THE ARMY
  • RBL_FR

Hello,
Some forum users have reported similar behavior for B450 MSI mobos when device (like keyboard or mouse) is plugged in the Flash BIOS Button USB port:

If you have, unplug it and power on. Result?

If problem is resolved and you are needing this USB2.0 port, I suggest to load (with M-Flash) bios V1.00 because it has not this bug (I do not know for V1.20):
- Download >>Bios V1.00<<.
- Take a USB pen having no more than 16GB (physical size) with only one partition. It must be FAT32 (I recommend to verify the pen with CHKDSK).
- Unzip it and copy the file "E7C02AMS.100" on the root of the USB pen.
- Boot and enter in Bios Setup. Press <F6>, confirm, press <F10> and confirm. Pc should restart.
- Enter again in Bios Setup.
- Insert the flash pen in one USB 2.0 port of the back panel (those below the PS/2 port).
- Click on the M-Flash button.

- Wait the update end (can last up to 5mn).
- Power off pc and PSU then wait 5s after all mobo's LEDs light off.

Hoping it shall help,
:hat tip:
MSI X99A XPower Gaming Titanium (Bios 1.62)  –  Windows 7/10 (1903) Pro x64  –  i7-6850K + BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 + Corsair Vengeance LPX Series DDR4 3466MHz 4x16Go + MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G + SSD Samsung, 1x 850 PRO 512GB (SATA) [Boot+OS drive] & 1x 970 PRO 1TB (NVMe) + HD SATAIII Seagate Barracuda, 7x 1TB & 1x 3TB + LG BR R/W + BeQuiet! Dark Power Pro 11 1000W 80PLUS Platinum +  BeQuiet! Dark Base Pro 900 + HyperX Alloy Elite keyboard + HyperX Pulsefire FPS mouse
Pages: [1]   Go Up